Attendance for Friday night?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

BJ.
Super User
Super User

Re: Attendance for Friday night?

Post by BJ. »

Why are people assuming the match is being televised simply because it's been moved to the Friday evening? Have you bothered to check the TV schedules? Don't any of you read the news? See here.
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
Ads677
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Ads677 »

Understandably, the clash with Leicester City has to be avoided - but Sunday would probably have suited more supporters.
Crumby
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crumby »

Ads677 wrote:Understandably, the clash with Leicester City has to be avoided - but Sunday would probably have suited more supporters.
The next game away at Sale is next Friday hence the recovery need to play Friday not Sunday
divingrob

Post by divingrob »

Are we not all going down in our new cup shirts?
MikeWW
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by MikeWW »

DickyP wrote:I do hate Friday night games, however. Always take at least 2 hours to get to the ground from Newark and often more.
At which point do you get stuck? There are a few ways I know to avoid the traffic as far as Cropwell Bishop.

Work is halfway there for me but it's still a pain as my wife has to drive here from her work.
COWLEY72
Tiger Cub

Post by COWLEY72 »

We'll be there on Friday night, leave work at 5pm and hop quickly down from Stafford...

I think cockers will play a stronger squad, not a full strength but may intergrate a few of the guys from the RWC. We need a platform to build from this season now, even if it is the LV Cup one win could start the momentum building.
DickyP
Super User
Super User

Post by DickyP »

MikeWW wrote:
DickyP wrote:I do hate Friday night games, however. Always take at least 2 hours to get to the ground from Newark and often more.
At which point do you get stuck? There are a few ways I know to avoid the traffic as far as Cropwell Bishop.

Work is halfway there for me but it's still a pain as my wife has to drive here from her work.
Things are OK as far as the end of the A46 at Leicester then whether you go through the City, round it to the east, or round it on the M1 to the west it is a crawl for about an hour.
For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game."
GT1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GT1 »

DP have you tried going towards M1 but taking turn to Beaumont Leys & taking left to Anstey lane towards town this brings you to Blackbird Rd, right follow straight on to Fosse Rd Nth / cen / south then left onto Upperton Rd you can see WR from there! Misses town centre.
DickyP
Super User
Super User

Post by DickyP »

Yep - tried that one but not for a couple of years - it wasn't any better but I must give it another go.
For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game."
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

DickyP wrote:Yep - tried that one but not for a couple of years - it wasn't any better but I must give it another go.
Have you tried coming off the A46 at the A50 junction and heading into town that way? We always take the A50 out to J22 of the M1 and are usually hitting the motorway within 15 minutes of leaving where we park for the match.
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

kpbates wrote:
Isambard wrote:I wonder howmany people will decide to attend after they have seen the team list?
Do you decide whether or not to attend a Tigers game based on which team is selected?
Speaking personally, me and about 16 others stopped our annual mini-bus trip to the Tigers v Barbarians game precisely because we were fed up with paying lots of money to watch a second string.

I don't know if that seems shallow, but as the organiser of the trip, I could no longer muster any interest.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
smig9y

Post by smig9y »

Driving up from cornwall to see the game with my two boys so please put a good team out !!!!
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

You are right.It's not on TV but was changed to Friday because City play Milwall on Saturday. Hope to be there if time allows but I do hope we put out a decent team. Let's face it the Sale match is going to be huge and the returning players need to play together! I nearly said 'play with each other, but with what's been going on in NZ with the World Cup Boys thought this might be taken the wrong or right way!!!!
Come on Tigers get some pride into that shirt again.
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

We will be going on Friday although we weren't originally. Normally, we treat the LV with as much contempt as Cockers but we didn't go to the Quins league match mainly because we couldn't summon up the enthusiasm. Earlier in the day, we'd cheered on both Ireland and England only for them to lose; the weather then turned manky and it was a stupid ESPN kick-off time. I must confess the day turned into a couple of pints in the Queens in the afternoon and a takeaway curry delivered in the evening.

However, I have now chased away the squid of despair and need to get back to Welford Road.
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

MikeWW wrote:

Anyone know how to get in from the west? I come up most of the Fosse Way and into Blaby past the Park & Ride at Enderby. All very good on a Saturday but Friday evening is horrible as you crawl through the rest until you emerge at St Stephen's Circle.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina