Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

bwightman
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

The Third Kind

Post by bwightman »

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/L ... story.html

We're to have a third shirt: Stade Francais mental style.
PM76
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: The Third Kind

Post by PM76 »

An interesting idea to have it just for cup competitions, a good marketing ploy IMO. I look forward to seeing it, if it's good I may get one rather than the new home shirt.
palm1990

Post by palm1990 »

Sounds good as long as they don't go overboard! I know its been asked before but any closer to knowing when the new shirts will go on sale?
fatprop
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by fatprop »

hope it's something completely off the wall as some of the Stade shirts have been in the past :smt005 :smt005
Richard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Richard »

Can it be a Tiger Outfit... Bright orange with black and yellow patches
the future is bright
the future is
Scarlet Green and White
old one eye
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by old one eye »

Richard wrote:Can it be a Tiger Outfit... Bright orange with black and yellow patches
And if you stare at it long enough it will reveal a giant earth moving machine :smt043
BigChris

Post by BigChris »

One can assume that the grey (sorry- platinum) shirt has bombed sales-wise, and the club is furiously trying to find a way to increase sales without breaking the two-year shirt life cycle.
I hope this really does mark a new direction away from the dull, and increasingly poor quality CT rubbish of late.
:smt045
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

BigChris wrote: I hope this really does mark a new direction away from the dull, and increasingly poor quality CT rubbish of late.
:smt045
I thought the last home shirt from CT was very good. Dont think a stade style shirt would suit the club very well.
divingrob

Post by divingrob »

Love to see something unusual but I wouldn't want to see it at Twickers for next seasons HC final.
yellow_balaclava_hunter
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by yellow_balaclava_hunter »

I completely disagree with not using cotton.

It should be in the laws of the game that playing shirts are 100% cotton, long sleeve and have proper collars that are a different colour to the main body of the shirt.

I also disagree with having a 'cup shirt'. We change our home shirt too regularly as it is. Having a third shirt is a step in the wrong direction and sends out the wrong message about the club.

Last season we allowed a sponsor to dictate the colour of our away shirt. This sort of corporate nonsense needs to be reigned in.
Excuse me. Where do I get a yellow balaclava from?
I asked Gavin Henson if they sold them at Matalan but he said they didn't because they messed his hair up.
Daveyboy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Daveyboy »

It will be pink. :smt008
Today is yesterday's tomorrow.
bwightman
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by bwightman »

yellow_balaclava_hunter wrote:I completely disagree with not using cotton.

It should be in the laws of the game that playing shirts are 100% cotton, long sleeve and have proper collars that are a different colour to the main body of the shirt.

I also disagree with having a 'cup shirt'. We change our home shirt too regularly as it is. Having a third shirt is a step in the wrong direction and sends out the wrong message about the club.

Last season we allowed a sponsor to dictate the colour of our away shirt. This sort of corporate nonsense needs to be reigned in.
100% cotton, long-sleeved, full-collared shirts are fine for the fans but totally unrealistic for modern professionals. Why not take every advantage with materials, style and colours? It makes sense tactically AND business-wise.

I'm all in favour of new home and away strips every 2 years - it's something for the Tigers faithful to reward themselves with and be proud to own.

As for the third cup strip - why not? Let's be a bit razzle in line with our new try-scoring attitude. The club has moved with the times on the field and we need to keep a step ahead off it too! Vive la Tigers!
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

yellow_balaclava_hunter wrote:I also disagree with having a 'cup shirt'. We change our home shirt too regularly as it is. Having a third shirt is a step in the wrong direction and sends out the wrong message about the club.
You don't have to buy it, or any other product for that matter, but the club have a right to produce what they like, moving with the 'times' maybe. Exactly what message do you think it sends out about the club? I think it says the club are offering variety and showing a willingness to experiment with their marketing, whilst acknowledging that it could be a cynical marketing ploy to raise money only....shock horror...a business wants to make money! Supporters will probably, in the main, only buy one shirt, so to have choices which all reflect support for our club is not a bad thing in my opinion.

For this reason too I do not think it is a step in the wrong direction either, merely a step in a 'different' direction from where we've gone before, only time will tell if it's a right or wrong step.

Just don't plaster them with 'stars' please Tigers!! :smt002
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Gibbo12
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Gibbo12 »

yellow_balaclava_hunter wrote:I completely disagree with not using cotton.

Would you like a tartan rug with that? :smt005
I think it's great that the club are offering an alternate shirt. Something else to offer the fans can only be a good thing. They will still maintain the traditional colours of the club in a 'home' shirt - that will never be lost.