Vuvuzelas at Welford road

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

tonyw

Re: Vuvuzelas at Welford road

Post by tonyw »

Rizzo wrote:
fleabane wrote:Vvzs are banned at WR, but not the shorter trumpets. However, the club will monitor the situation. If you have a problem, speak to a steward, who will have been briefed about the issue.

Discussed at Supporters Forum 19 May.

May I repeat what fleabane has said in his post I've quoted above. The trumpets sold in the club shop are NOT vuvuzelas (I've clarified this with a SA friend of mine) - they are trumpet blowers but according to my friend, the noise they make is peanuts compared to a proper vuvuzela.

If anyone is blowing one near you and making a nuisance of themselves by doing so, i.e. blowing close to people's ears, persistent continuous use etc, then speak to a steward.
What a cop out Rizzo, your friend obviously hasnt been sat next to one {or two} of the "trumpets", how many times do the club deem it acceptable to blow it? what is the limit? :smt017 And i can really see the stewards doing something about it if asked. No a totally stupid idea thought up by a totally stupid person out to make a few pounds.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

At least if they are smaller it will make it easier to insert them in the hole at the other end, the one nearest the brain for those that bought them.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
gimme
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by gimme »

What`s up with you lot ? Get a life, they pay their dough to get in, let them have some fun and blow the damed things, live and let live,
bah flipping humbug !
that`s me. gme. let your fingers do the walking
Roll on Christmas, let`s have some nuts
AND
(don`t forget Sheila`s bread pudding)
jamiewilkinson

Post by jamiewilkinson »

gimme wrote:What`s up with you lot ? Get a life, they pay their dough to get in, let them have some fun and blow the damed things, live and let live,
bah flipping humbug !
so at which game have you been sitting/standing next to people blowing these through the game?
Purebob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Purebob »

It is at its worst at the back of the CAT stand. This is where many of the familes sit, and this seems to mean that there is little atmosphere / Banter and chanting, so it is quiet, but there are quite a few mini-vuvuzelas blarting away cos the kids are all sat up there.

I didn't notice them being a problem at the Semi because 1) I wasn't in the back of the Cat and 2) the crowd was so loud the blarting didn't jar so badly as usual.
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

These trumpets could look like a sad copy of something South African which is usually adopted by a team that we are going to soundly thrash next week and has never had and currently has nothing that we want to copy.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

From the Beeb

Possibly another reason for banning them.
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.