TV Coverage of Aviva Final

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Roadsweeper
Top Cat
Top Cat

TV Coverage of Aviva Final

Post by Roadsweeper »

Does anyone know if the final is being shown live by Sky as ESPN seem to be advertising it on their schedules?
dontlookdown

Re: TV Coverage of Aviva Final

Post by dontlookdown »

No the only live coverage is on ESPN... :smt009
7 years so far..
The Cat

Post by The Cat »

Yep ....... I signed up for ESPN yesterday .......... costs another £9 on top of my Sky package.
Lancastrian by birth, a Sandgrounder by the grace of God
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

Roadsweeper wrote:Does anyone know if the final is being shown live by Sky as ESPN seem to be advertising it on their schedules?
http://tv.espn.co.uk/gb/espl/tv-schedule
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
tigerfeet13
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by tigerfeet13 »

Live and exclusive on ESPN.

ITV 4 will carry extended highlights.

It may be possible to find on line.

Alternatively, I have just reserved a Top Up TV box with Argos (ITEM 532/2288) as Top Up TV you can have ESPN a month at a time (ie no need to sign up for a year) and The Argos deal offers a 1 month free trial of ESPN (& Sky Sports 1)

Will let you know how it works out.
Rugby Special... Is the Tigers!
tb1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tb1 »

tigerfeet13 wrote:Live and exclusive on ESPN.

ITV 4 will carry extended highlights.

It may be possible to find on line.

Alternatively, I have just reserved a Top Up TV box with Argos (ITEM 532/2288) as Top Up TV you can have ESPN a month at a time (ie no need to sign up for a year) and The Argos deal offers a 1 month free trial of ESPN (& Sky Sports 1)

Will let you know how it works out.
Unfortunately due to the low bandwidth available to ESPN on freeview the picture quality is not very good.
Qbec
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Qbec »

I have watched a number of games on ESPN via TopUpTV on freeview it may not be HD but the quality is fine, bandwidth is no issue.

So if that offer is still on at Argos I suggest go for it
Tigers The Home Of World Class Rugby

11th Premiership Rugby Champions 2022
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Even better! Be like me and other Tigers' supporters and get to Twickenham to cheer the team on!!
Roadsweeper
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Roadsweeper »

I would love to go having been to finals with Leicester since 1979 (John Player Cup), and including last year's triumph, unfortunately circumstances dictate that I can't make it this year.
barnythebear

Post by barnythebear »

Thank god it's not Sky!! To hear that pair prattling on would have been too much to take. I know it's Austin and Ben on the commentary team but at least we have some proper commentary and comment rather than the inane drivel on Sky.
AidanMcDowell

Post by AidanMcDowell »

I know I'm preaching to the converted on this Forum, and most definitely doing you-know-what into the wind as far as the rest of the country is concerned, but I think it's a disgrace that the RFU have sold the rights to the FINAL of England's professional rugby championship to a broadcaster that probably has fewer viewers than BidUp TV. How do the RFU expect rugby to reach out to the masses if the only matches that are ever widely available are internationals? I know Sky is limited in its reach but it has infinitely more viewers than ESPN - and most of my local pubs who have Sky do NOT also have ESPN.

So, thank goodness I have a ticket for the final - my annual outing from my home in Kent to see the Tigers! And this ticket is only thanks to an Under 11 tournament that my son's team won a couple of months back and for which all the boys received free tickets. They, and the winners from other regions, will be parading round the pitch at half time. So, this dad's heart will be swelling with pride at half time and, hopefully, fit to burst at full time! (Look out for a group of daft idiots wearing very bright orange beenie hats!)
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

AidanMcDowell wrote:I know I'm preaching to the converted on this Forum, and most definitely doing you-know-what into the wind as far as the rest of the country is concerned, but I think it's a disgrace that the RFU have sold the rights to the FINAL of England's professional rugby championship to a broadcaster that probably has fewer viewers than BidUp TV.
Firstly, I do not think it was down to FRU I think it was PRL but that does not alter things.

Secondly, it is my understanding that the contract with Sky, ESPN, and PRL, which enabled many more Premiership (and other) matches to be broadcast than previously was that ESPN would get one sem-final and the final.

This information was in the public domain at the start of the season (when I got my ESPN subscription). Why did you not make a fuss then?
Still keeping the faith!
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

ESPN have more live Premiership rugby than Sky and also cover a lot of Top 14 rugby live. At £10/month and no contract it's a good deal better than Rupert' offering. If you agree to take it for 12 months they throw in a recon box with hard drive recorde for free :smt023
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
paula123

Post by paula123 »

Noggs wrote:ESPN have more live Premiership rugby than Sky and also cover a lot of Top 14 rugby live. At £10/month and no contract it's a good deal better than Rupert' offering. If you agree to take it for 12 months they throw in a recon box with hard drive recorde for free :smt023

So does that mean you can pay £10 and watch the final without any contract to sign up too??

Me being as thick as i am,i'm not up to date with how this works!!!
Castro's no.1 fan!!!
chris4xy

Post by chris4xy »

That's certainly right if you have the Top Up TV, not sure about Sky. Because of the problems we've had previously getting Sky to debit us the right amount I bought a Freeview box with Top Up TV and I can stop and start my subscription whenever I want to. So far I've found the coverage really good and the commentators bring quite a lot of fun and humour to their commentary rather than pontificating from on high.