Why?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

g
Super User
Super User

Why?

Post by g »

Did Tigers in one game manage to play one of their best games of the season and starve possibly one of the best teams in the premeirship of ball and limited them to just 3 points in the whole game. But have for most of the season failed to do that. :smt017

If they can manage 80 minutes of their best play with 2 games left,why haven't they managed it all season?

If they could do it yesterday they should have been able to do it throughout the season,it's been the same set of players and the same coaching so why did they play so good against a team who I had tipped to win the AP who based on the whole of the season I would have said were the best side throughout.

I'm confused. :smt017
tb1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Why?

Post by tb1 »

Needed to win.

The performance against Leinster was as good.
GT1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GT1 »

The game was winner takes all, so just do what you have to & win the game. It's nice to see that we can still play the tight game & IMHO if it stops us throwing stupid passes to the opponents winger I'm all for it.
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

A typical semi final with neither team prepared to take too many risks - quite rightly.

Neutrals may have preferred 41-41 v Glaws but I know which game I preferred!!
Soggypitch
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

There's no pleasing some folk. :smt011

Yesterday, Leicester turned out arguably their best performance of the season in a knock-out match where there was no second chance if they lost. They had to play that well to beat a very talented and fired-up Northampton team.

The first objective of the season was to finish in the top two and therefore guarantee a home match in the play-offs. Sometimes the play throughout the season wasn't as scintillating as yesterday but, through hard work and typical Tigers :censored: mindedness, they finished on top of the pile after 22 weeks.

Unfortunately it would appear this is not good enough for some people.
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
Purebob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Purebob »

I think as Cockers alluded to in his interview with Dewi Morris in last week's Rugby Club that "we have changed the way we play". Chucking the ball about, less folks in the ruck, less tight ball management.

That clearly was not going to work against Saints. So we got a traditional Tigers performance. Fearless, tireless, inspired.

I absolutely loved that game.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Agreed.............but I would have loved it more in the regular season against Gloucs!
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

At it again are you BJ?

I was merely asking the question if they can do it in a one off game why haven't they done it all season. For once it wasn't a criticism but a question.

But as with anything I or anyone else says you cannot help yourself by posting an answer without a sly dig at the poster can you. You are so tiresome.
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

Anyone with a modicum of knowledge of the game knows it would be physically impossible to play with that intensity throughout the season. As for me having 'sly digs', I only do so when warranted. Even when the Tigers pull off a superb victory as they did yesterday, you still find room for your constantly negative approach, i.e. if they can play that well yesterday why couldn't they play that well all season.

They finished top of the league, yesterday they beat a tough Saints team and they are 80 minutes away from a third consecutive Premiership title. Is it really too hard for you to say 'well done lads'?
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

WELL DONE LADS.

HAPPY NOW
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

Thank you.

I was wondering when the name-calling would start.
maskedsquid
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by maskedsquid »

g, if you don't like people taking 'sly digs' at you, maybe you should try typing sensible posts instead.

If you think a team can play at that level of intesity throughout the season then you really need a rethink! Or maybe you like the idea of dominating the first six months of the season and then not being in the final when it actually matters?
It's only cheating if you get caught.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

maskedsquid wrote:If you think a team can play at that level of intesity throughout the season then you really need a rethink!
Or Cockers would need to utilise his whole squad rather than ignoring several talented players.
Still keeping the faith!
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

The opening to this thread reminds me of the tale of the Scotsman crying into his beer after winning first prize in the raffle.

His lament was: "I dinnae know why I wasted all that moeny on the other four tickets."

(Any relationship to any Scotsman, living or dead, is entirely accidental.)
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

:smt005 :smt005 :smt005 :smt005
Still keeping the faith!