:smt027 :smt027 :smt027
Still keeping the faith!
Tiger_in_Birmingham
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Cockers & Oconnor behaviour

Post by Tiger_in_Birmingham »

Darc Tiger wrote:I like that nobody likes us again. :smt003
We still have a way to go to catch Sarries I fear....
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Tiger_in_Birmingham wrote:
Oh no! Not sure we want to get to that level!
kpb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kpb »

Tiger_in_Birmingham wrote:

The most unpopular English Rugby Team then!! :smt023
POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE.
parkerd68
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by parkerd68 »

Even though it wasn't a full house, I love the fact that the stadium was rocking and I think the players felt it. To be fair, in the first half, the saints fans played their part and possibly made us louder because of their volume. It's good to see that boon is a more pragmatic saints fan than some others. I am happy to admit that we should have played the 2nd half with 14 men but, all things considered, saints offers nothing so with 14 it might not have made much difference. If cockers is out of order he should be punished, as Manu should because what he did was bad.

At the end of the day, nothing is going to change the result. I am so pleased that I went to a brilliant game with a great atmosphere. In the early parts of this season I most certainly couldn't have said that.
mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by mike »

Whilst I can in some way understand and forgive Manu's out of proportion behaviour he will no doubt be punished severely and learn a lesson . I cannot however in any way justify or understand the behaviour of Cockerill and O'Connor if Paul Ackford is correct - and I strongly believe that he is . Sadly this pair are serial offenders and to continually behave in this way is appalling . If they were employed by me they would be looking for another job - you can hardly expect young players to have a sense of responsibility and self control if you are completely lacking in those qualities yourself . The rugby today was first class from the Tigers - its a shame people will be talking about other things .
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

mike wrote:- its a shame people will be talking about other things .

So why are you?

Ackford is a journalist. He gets paid to write contoversial articles. So his choice was between RFU and Tigers. He chose Tigers.

Your excuse?

:smt017
Still keeping the faith!
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

I have to agree completely with Mike. Tigers played superbly today and well deserved to win.

I can forgive Manu, he is young and was playing in an incredibly tense game and simply got the red mist. Not an excuse but a fact. Yes he should have been red carded but I've seen a lot worse on a rugby pitch and as for all the Saints supporters whinging, well it wasn't too long ago that a certain D Hartley was banned for 6 months for gauging. Stop behaving like football supporters you well beaten Saints fans!

As for Cockers and O'Connor, if what Ackford says is true, I'd really like Peter Toms or Wheeler to actually say and do something positive for the game of rugby and the reputation of Leicester FC.

That sort of behaviour is intolerable; the Peters your (and our) reputation is on the line, what do you intend to do about it???

Manu - you are forgiven (but learn from it); coaches you are a disgrace, what do you have to say?

The Tigers players and fans can hold their heads up high tonight. Time will tell if those higher up the hierarchy can do the same.
Soggypitch
mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by mike »

BillW - do you behave in that way in front of your children/grandchildren ? I suspect not , even when sorely provoked - please do not defend this kind of behaviour .
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Soggypitch wrote:if what Ackford says is true, I'd really like Peter Toms or Wheeler to actually say and do something positive for the game of rugby and the reputation of Leicester FC.

That sort of behaviour is intolerable; the Peters your (and our) reputation is on the line, what do you intend to do about it???

I did not hear Cockers and O'Connor. Did you?

Were their comments broadcast?

Ackford says he did. Ackford is a journalist.

If Cammpsell complains then his complaint should be investigated.
Still keeping the faith!
kpb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kpb »

I haven't seen any comments defending Cockers/Oconnors actions?? :smt017
POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

mike wrote:BillW - do you behave in that way in front of your children/grandchildren ? I suspect not , even when sorely provoked - please do not defend this kind of behaviour .
Children maybe (the youngest is 29). Grandchildren no - but they are kept away from the TV when Rugby is on!

But why do you feel it necessary to focus on it? Ackford has to promote his reputation as a journalist - you? Did you actually hear what they said? Did your children or grandchildren?

:smt017
Still keeping the faith!
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Bill - if you actually read what Mike and I said you will see it was qualified with; "If what Ackford says is correct" or words to that affect.

If Ackford was exaggerating as some journalists have been known to do, then my comments are inconsequential. However somehow I doubt it and one thing's for sure, those in the Directors' box/area will have had a good view!
Soggypitch
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Soggypitch wrote:Bill - if you actually read what Mike and I said you will see it was qualified with; "If what Ackford says is correct" or words to that affect.

If Ackford was exaggerating as some journalists have been known to do, then my comments are inconsequential. However somehow I doubt it and one thing's for sure, those in the Directors' box/area will have had a good view!
Peace. I accept your qualification that I did not pick up on.

Ackford is in a privaleged position. The Peters might consider whether he has abused that privalege.

I repeat if Campsell complains then his complaint should be taken very seriously.
Still keeping the faith!
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

Both cockers and oconnor are extremely passionate and show it, I personally dont have a problem with that but if what the journalist has said is true then something needs to be done but i do doubt that they were abusing the officials.