Turnstile Rejecting my season ticket

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Prof
Tiger Cub

Turnstile Rejecting my season ticket

Post by Prof »

I wonder if anyone out there has had the same problem as me.
For the last two home games my season ticket card has failed at the turnstile.
They told me I would have to go to the ticket office to get it sorted! Five mins. to kick-off! No way! After complaining bitterly I was let in.
I went to the ticket office this morning to register my complaint and they me I should arrive at least 30 mins. before kick-off just in case my ticket was rejected by the code reader at the turnstile! What is the point of a season ticket in these circumstances? They have now taken my ticket away to send it to the i.t. department, I am assured it will be returned before next Saturday. I have already paid for my ticket for the Saints game and it should be on my card. I am not holding my breath. Incidently I have no receipt for the purchase and no ticket to show, the only receipt I have is my credit card receipt and that's on line. Poor show Tigers!!
Smokeonthewater
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Re: Turnstile Rejecting my season ticket

Post by Bill W (2) »

Alas I have no insight into the workings of the electronic ticketing arrangements and I doubt if any one else on the forum has.

My experience is that the ticket office are always helpful and competent.

Why not e-mail David Clayton if you are greatly concerned?
Still keeping the faith!
bluntiger
Super User
Super User

Post by bluntiger »

Never had a problem entering using my ST match access card in the Cat stand.
Always a Tiger
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Prof wrote: I have is my credit card receipt and that's on line. Poor show Tigers!!
Did you receive a confirmatory email from the club for the purchase? If so maybe this would suffice as proof.

Did you purchase online, and if so are you a registered purchaser? If so maybe the ticket purchase is recorded in your individual ticket history.

Tigers should have a record of your purchase, especially as it's for a ST holder, surely they will be able to validate your claim easily and allow access.

Haven't had a similar problem myself, though I do arrive well before kick off......due to terrace location mainly!
Last edited by WhitecapTiger on Tue May 10, 2011 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
sctiger

Post by sctiger »

Felt the need to register to say that I had the exact same problem on Saturday. My ST wouldn't scan, so they sent me to get a replacement ticket from the ticket office. Fortunately I had arrived with around half an hour 'til KO and got a ticket pretty quickly. Also, there seemed to be a problem with my ST when booking a ticket for the semi a few days beforehand. The computer printed out a paper ticket, instead of loading the ticket onto my ST. :smt017
jack
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by jack »

Maladjusted machine. Scrap it. Or send for Luddites with big hammers.
Tigers - true Champions!
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

I get a confirmation text also and as I am too lazy to ever delete my texts they would still be there if ever I ran into a similar encounter..It might be worth noting to not delete those confirmations until after said match has taken place.
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

I have never had a problem with my ticket card (ST) on any machine, and I don't always enter by the same turnstile (although it has to be a terrace one). A friend had one occasion when he had a problem, took it to the ticket office and received a paper ticket. He was advised if it happened again, they would take the ticket and get it checked and sorted out. It never happened again.

If I were the OP I would be on the phone to the ticket office this morning to check it was being sorted out, to let them know of my concern about not getting it back in time for the weekend etc etc. In my experience the ticket office are very quick and efficient in sorting out ticket problems like lost tickets, ST card left behind and so on.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
wardy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by wardy »

Never had a problem with my ST BUT what is the position regarding saturday's semi-final? I purchased on-line and was expecting it to be added to my card. Howver I have had an e-mail telling me a ticket will be sent out. Haven't received anything yet but was supposing that that was because they did not know until last saturday who we were playing.
Any ideas?
Give blood, play rugby!!
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

wardy wrote:Never had a problem with my ST BUT what is the position regarding saturday's semi-final? I purchased on-line and was expecting it to be added to my card. Howver I have had an e-mail telling me a ticket will be sent out. Haven't received anything yet but was supposing that that was because they did not know until last saturday who we were playing.
Any ideas?
The ticket will be loaded to your ST the e-mail is just an automated response or at least that is my understanding.
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

wardy wrote:Never had a problem with my ST BUT what is the position regarding saturday's semi-final? I purchased on-line and was expecting it to be added to my card. Howver I have had an e-mail telling me a ticket will be sent out. Haven't received anything yet but was supposing that that was because they did not know until last saturday who we were playing.
Any ideas?

It is addressed in this thread.

http://www.leicestertigers.com/forum/vi ... =1&t=31990

It is an automated email and your ticket will be added to your season ticket card.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
wardy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by wardy »

Thanks for that kingol and Rizzo
Give blood, play rugby!!
Red Cap

Post by Red Cap »

Rizzo wrote:
Any ideas?

It is addressed in this thread.

http://www.leicestertigers.com/forum/vi ... =1&t=31990

It is an automated email and your ticket will be added to your season ticket card.
We have 3 season tickets and have purchased tickets for this weekends game last week and we were sent paper tickets. So there appears to be no clear cut method.
DickyP
Super User
Super User

Post by DickyP »

Be paranoid - that way you're not surprised when people hate you and computers pick on you!
:smt037 :smt047
For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game."
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

I have to say I've had trouble too - only once & they found no fault with the card.

Compared to the ski-pass readers at ski resorts the equipment used at Tigers seems not to be very sensitive - you shouldn't really have to take the ticket out of your pocket & wave it closely by the sensor.