Vuvuzelas at Welford road

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

tonyw

Vuvuzelas at Welford road

Post by tonyw »

Why are the club selling vuvuzela type horns? We had them blown in our ears all :censored: match yesterday by kids with stupid :censored: adults shouting thats it lads blow them in their ears, completely spoilt the game.
If we had got up to confront the adults and a confrontation had broken out as it would undoubtably done we would have been thrown out and possibly banned but if this happens again its a risk thats going to have to be taken.
Purebob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Vuvuzelas at Welford road

Post by Purebob »

Utterly agree, foul idiotic noise from clueless children and their foul idiotic parents.

Refund the parents and ban the :censored: things.
jamiewilkinson

Post by jamiewilkinson »

half time was unbareable, i just hope they blew them in the car all the way home, it helped in the reason i would never choose to sit in the cat stand again, granted it probably doesnt happen every game.
GrumpyDad

Post by GrumpyDad »

Blowing the damned things in the Crumbie too, although thank heaven not that close to me, I just had to put up with some bloke in a Tigers shirt singing along with the lIrish trumpeter, now that was annoying.
paula123

Post by paula123 »

Did any of you speak to the stewards regarding this??

It was bad enough during the football world cup,please not at WR as well!!
Castro's no.1 fan!!!
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

Unfortunately, too many parents are inconsiderate of other people where their own children are concerned.

As a consequence, I have no hesitation in saying vuvuzela type horns should be banned.

I am requesting this is discussed at the Supporters Forum on 19 May.
Valhalla I am coming!
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

fleabane wrote:Unfortunately, too many parents are inconsiderate of other people where their own children are concerned.

As a consequence, I have no hesitation in saying vuvuzela type horns should be banned.

I am requesting this is discussed at the Supporters Forum on 19 May.
Why not ban the parents of the children who blow them?
Still keeping the faith!
DickyP
Super User
Super User

Post by DickyP »

... and I could suggest an anatomically appropriate place to store them!
For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game."
tonyw

Post by tonyw »

We were actually in the Alliance and Leicester stand, it was obvious from their conversations that they were normally football supporters.
If the club want to encourage this why dont they put them all in a corner or preferably the crisp bowl.
RE the comment about telling the stewards,have you ever tried disscussing anything with them? :smt017
paula123

Post by paula123 »

tonyw wrote:We were actually in the Alliance and Leicester stand, it was obvious from their conversations that they were normally football supporters.
If the club want to encourage this why dont they put them all in a corner or preferably the crisp bowl.
RE the comment about telling the stewards,have you ever tried disscussing anything with them? :smt017

I shall be telling the stewards should i encounter the same next week.Did anyone else seated around you say anything??
Castro's no.1 fan!!!
tonyw

Post by tonyw »

paula123 wrote:
tonyw wrote:We were actually in the Alliance and Leicester stand, it was obvious from their conversations that they were normally football supporters.

I shall be telling the stewards should i encounter the same next week.Did anyone else seated around you say anything??
They just shrugged their shoulders :smt013
jamiewilkinson

Post by jamiewilkinson »

god help the stewards if they ever had to steward at the crisps bowl, and actually do something constructive. i'm talking about the minority which i always seem to encounter.
paula123

Post by paula123 »

Well you know where i shall be shoving them horns should i encounter the same!!

We have four children which we take and i for one wouldn't let them cause a nuisance of themselves,i wouldn't even think about buying them one.Calling the children clueless is a little strong though,buy them a horn and what are they going to do with it!

I agree just ban them.
Castro's no.1 fan!!!
paula123

Post by paula123 »

Off the subject for a moment..............

Can you believe i'm actually a TOPCAT now!!!! :smt026 :smt026
(sorry everyone just had to say that,don't take a lot to get me exited!!)
Castro's no.1 fan!!!
tonyw

Post by tonyw »

jamiewilkinson wrote:god help the stewards if they ever had to steward at the crisps bowl, and actually do something constructive. i'm talking about the minority which i always seem to encounter.
But they got them from the club so i suppose they had their hands tied.Whoever the moronic idiot was who decided this was a good idea wants one shoving where the sun dont shine.