How disappointing at the end of the game!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

congonutty

How disappointing at the end of the game!

Post by congonutty »

Is it just me or do the fellow supporter feel abit peeved that the Tiger players didn't do a lap of honour at the end of the Irish game? London Irish did!

I know we have 1 hopefully 2 games to go but i would of thought it would of been nice for a team that has finished 1st in the league at the final league game at home to appreciate the 24,000 home crowd.

Lets hope they do next week
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Re: How disappointing at the end of the game!

Post by Darc Tiger »

Too busy getting B*****ked! :smt005
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Wouldn't have expected them to after that, or at least 72 minutes of that. And besides, they had no chance to do so with Cockers getting them all out there to say his piece.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
watsonjm
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by watsonjm »

Why would they do a lap of honour? They haven't won anything and we have another home game.

I wouldn't expect them to when we win next week either. Laps of honour are for thanking fans at away games or when you have a trophy.
divingrob

Post by divingrob »

No Black eye peas either
MJ Chairman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MJ Chairman »

Black eyed peas was played a bit later. Rather aptly played the great escape at the final whistle :smt023
GrumpyDad

Post by GrumpyDad »

watsonjm wrote:
I wouldn't expect them to when we win next week either. Laps of honour are for thanking fans at away games or when you have a trophy.
If Laps of Honour are for thanking their travelling fans at away games, why do we not see Tigers thanking fans at away games?

It seems as if Tigers are the only team that don't show appreciation to the fans that have travelled to support their team.
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Most away games I've been to, they have done just that. Sometimes quite later admittedly, but I have seen it done.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
GrumpyDad

Post by GrumpyDad »

Rizzo wrote:Most away games I've been to, they have done just that. Sometimes quite later admittedly, but I have seen it done.
Well this season I have been to the Northampton, Saffrecans, Leeds & Newcastle games & have not been lucky enough to witness anything but the team disappearing into the changing rooms, mind you, it was raining a bit at Leeds & did turn a bit chilly in Newcastle so I don't know if that was why.
Blabyboy

Post by Blabyboy »

irish did a lap of honour to thank their supporters for their support during the season, as usual, our season has not finnished yet so i will be looking forward to a lap at hq.................................engage smug mode !!!!!!!!!
The sooner we get done, the more we can do !
Mr_Ben
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Mr_Ben »

The only time I've seen Tigers do any form of lap of honour is when there's been a trophy at stake. I certainly don't recall them doing it at any away matches.

I've never thought of it as bad thing that they don't instead i think it reflects well on their expectations i.e. that they expect to win and don't feel the need to go and thank for fans for making the effort to come and support them
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

They all came round the pitch and applauded every pocket of Tigers fans at the recent Quins game.
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

GrumpyDad wrote:
Rizzo wrote:Most away games I've been to, they have done just that. Sometimes quite later admittedly, but I have seen it done.
Well this season I have been to the Northampton, Saffrecans, Leeds & Newcastle games & have not been lucky enough to witness anything but the team disappearing into the changing rooms, mind you, it was raining a bit at Leeds & did turn a bit chilly in Newcastle so I don't know if that was why.
They came out again after the match at Sandy Park.
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
Simmo
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Simmo »

Those that stayed to watch the U19 game (which was a good open game) saw many of the players hanging around with the fans after the game....
Simmo
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Been to all the away games since Christmas except Leinster and winning games is enough thanks!Having said that the Tigers often go to where the fans are to thank them after the game. No need for laps of honour unless you win a final and the players knew yesterday that if they play like they did against Irish the season will be over next week anyway! I was more impressed to see Cockerill and the team in a huddle in the middle of the pitch already turning the focus to next week. Well done on an amazing comeback.