Perpignan

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

NickD

Perpignan

Post by NickD »

Anyone got some cracking bar/cafe/restaurant recommendations in Perpingnan and any must-do activities in the local area?

Many thx
Nick
Last edited by NickD on Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Re: Perpingnan

Post by BJ. »

What is your definition of 'must-do'? There are many good bars and restaurants in Perpignan but who knows if they'll still be open?

Try contacting the secretary of the USAP supporters' club at [email protected] and tell him (Johan) you've been given his address by a teddy bear from Leicester named le petit Sebastian. He'll know what you mean and should be able to give you an up to date version of what's what.
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
GT1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GT1 »

Don't know how you got away with that spelling mistake !!!
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

BJ. wrote:What is your definition of 'must-do'? There are many good bars and restaurants in Perpignan but who knows if they'll still be open?

Try contacting the secretary of the USAP supporters' club at [email protected] and tell him (Johan) you've been given his address by a teddy bear from Leicester named le petit Sebastian. He'll know what you mean and should be able to give you an up to date version of what's what.
Be careful it may be a secret code word and you may be taken out the back and disposed of.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
Johnnyg

Post by Johnnyg »

GT1 wrote:Don't know how you got away with that spelling mistake !!!
He didn't did he? Sad.
NickD

Re: Perpignan

Post by NickD »

a spelling mistake indeed. it was kind of a venus fly trap experiment to ascertain if this forum could be useful; however it appears that users are more interested in smart alec comments than sharing knowledge. ah well. if you don't try, you never find out.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

NickD wrote:a spelling mistake indeed. it was kind of a venus fly trap experiment to ascertain if this forum could be useful; however it appears that users are more interested in smart alec comments than sharing knowledge. ah well. if you don't try, you never find out.
I take it you have contacted the USAP secretary as BJ suggested?

There are lots of excellent restaurants in Perpignan and much to do and see in the town and environs.
Still keeping the faith!
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

NickD wrote:a spelling mistake indeed. it was kind of a venus fly trap experiment to ascertain if this forum could be useful; however it appears that users are more interested in smart alec comments than sharing knowledge. ah well. if you don't try, you never find out.

I don't see what was "smart alec" about BJ's suggestion that you contact USAP - that is what their people recommended us to do on previous discussions about Perpignan.

You could try contacting user Força Barça on here (use the search for author or member name search facility at the top). Very helpful and pleasant USAP supporter.

Or look at this thread.

http://www.leicestertigers.com/forum/vi ... hilit=usap
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

If it is my comment that is being called 'smart alec', permit me to explain although I think it is the reference to the spelling mistake that is being picked up.

My wife and I went to Perpignan for the Heineken Cup match in December 2008. The USAP supporters had just opened their clubhouse and one of them came to this forum and asked if the travelling Tigers supporters wanted to go there. I was the first to contact them and register our interest. As other Tigers supporters will verify (except the snotty cow who turned her nose up at the local wine), we were all made very welcome by a group of genuinely friendly and sincere locals. My wife takes a small Tigers beany bear with her to matches and he's named Ram (Ram-Beany). A few of the USAP supporters took a liking to him although one did threaten to microwave him!

As soon as it was announced we would be playing USAP in this season's Heineken Cup, I contacted them and it turned out I was the first to do so again. If anything, the hospitality was even better than the first time round and they presented my wife with an USAP teddy bear who I named le petit Sebastian. Going back to 2008, an USAP supporter who called himself Doblepoy was the first to contact this forum. When we met him, we found out he's really a rather large gent named Sebastian. Therefore, he is le grand Sebastian and our bear is named in his honour.
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.