Should the club do more????

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

kpb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Should the club do more????

Post by kpb »

Does anyone agree that games in the LV cup and premiership matches against the likes of Leeds,Exeter,Newcastle should have a reduced ticket price.Over at the Walkers they played a game against a bottom of the table team and i think that everyone got in for a fiver and they filled the ground to 32,000 surley if Tigers did this then they would pack Welford Road and generate even more interest and money for the club.This Friday night would have been the perfect opportunity against Bath in a competition that not many are bothered about.
POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Re: Should the club do more????

Post by Bill W (2) »

kpbates wrote:Does anyone agree that games in the LV cup and premiership matches against the likes of Leeds,Exeter,Newcastle should have a reduced ticket price.Over at the Walkers they played a game against a bottom of the table team and i think that everyone got in for a fiver and they filled the ground to 32,000 surley if Tigers did this then they would pack Welford Road and generate even more interest and money for the club.This Friday night would have been the perfect opportunity against Bath in a competition that not many are bothered about.
Equally, one might argue that the "high profile" games should have increased prices.

Those of us (rather a lot) who have season tickets won't care much. Although if you start reducing some prices without increasing others you will doubtless get a roar of disapprovel from some season ticket holders.
Still keeping the faith!
Tigerbob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigerbob »

As a season ticket holder I would quite happily see LV Cup home games excluded from the price of the season ticket.

That way I could choose to attend it if the club ever started taking the competition seriously.
divingrob

Post by divingrob »

Tigerbob wrote:As a season ticket holder I would quite happily see LV Cup home games excluded from the price of the season ticket.

That way I could choose to attend it if the club ever started taking the competition seriously.

plus one
bluntiger
Super User
Super User

Post by bluntiger »

I sometimes go to Arsenal Carling cup games and the tickets are significantly discounted - £20 for adults/£10 for concessions, even for the semi-final, and they typically fill the ground, 59000+ for the semi vs Ipswich and for the previous round vs Wigan.

And without the discounted tickets, they would not fill the ground for a midweek, 19.45pm KO game in the Carling cup.
Always a Tiger
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

kpbates wrote:Does anyone agree that games in the LV cup and premiership matches against the likes of Leeds,Exeter,Newcastle should have a reduced ticket price.
No.
kpbates wrote:Over at the Walkers they played a game against a bottom of the table team and i think that everyone got in for a fiver and they filled the ground to 32,000 surley if Tigers did this then they would pack Welford Road and generate even more interest and money for the club.This Friday night would have been the perfect opportunity against Bath in a competition that not many are bothered about.
I think this is a rather naïve approach. IMHO, by dropping the prices for so-called unattractive games, all you're trying to do is polish a t*rd. You could send a limo on Friday to pick me up for the Bath match and I still won't go.
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

BJ. wrote: You could send a limo on Friday to pick me up for the Bath match and I still won't go.
Limo, booze and canapes, dinner with fine wines, post match drinkies and limo home?
Still keeping the faith!
kpb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kpb »

I understand that there are many season ticket holders but that leaves 9000 empty seats still.Did any season ticket holders mind the Leicester Mercury printing vouchers 'juniors for £1' for the Treviso match.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

kpbates wrote:I understand that there are many season ticket holders but that leaves 9000 empty seats still.Did any season ticket holders mind the Leicester Mercury printing vouchers 'juniors for £1' for the Treviso match.
Likely some Junior Ticket Holders (and their parents) did.

There are some who always object to somebody getting what they regard as a better deal than themselves.
Still keeping the faith!
SaltyJackTar
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by SaltyJackTar »

Bill W (2) wrote:Limo, booze and canapes, dinner with fine wines, post match drinkies and limo home?
I'll PM you with my pick up and return details !! :smt023 :smt023 :smt023
Sponsorship deals may come and go but the CRUMBIE stand will always remain.
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

Bill W (2) wrote:
BJ. wrote: You could send a limo on Friday to pick me up for the Bath match and I still won't go.
Limo, booze and canapes, dinner with fine wines, post match drinkies and limo home?
Not interested matey. If it had been rescheduled for Sunday afternoon, I would most likely go.

I'm going to the Queens Head to watch the England match.
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

I can't understand the thinking,a season ticket and you're not allowed to go to all the games at home? Is that anybodies idea of good value and good marketing?
You buy a season ticket by choice and then choose to either,go to all the games,or pick and choose.
All pro sports have the same mixed content,be it football,cricket or even darts,there will always be the odd game or the odd team/player you're not that fond of.It would be like buying a season ticket for Man Utd,but insisting they should only play Chelsea every week.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
tim15

Post by tim15 »

Yes i think they should

My daughter's been badgering me to take her to the rugby as there aren't enough "A" league games for her liking.

So £8 later out of my pocket for a 10 year old to stand!! :smt013

You would have thought for a dead rubber they would have reduced the prices or even given tickets away at least to the kids, but No!

Never mind it will pay for the half time oranges and she can harangue some of the players for autographs!
And on the 7th day, god rested, he stood patiently and awaited the green light to start the game from SKY!
kpb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kpb »

When you look at the games played against Leeds/Exeter etc the crowds were around 17000 surley even if they got 5000 more at £5 each it would benefit the clubs finances??Bums on seats is better than empty seats!!!
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

kpbates wrote:When you look at the games played against Leeds/Exeter etc the crowds were around 17000 surley even if they got 5000 more at £5 each it would benefit the clubs finances??Bums on seats is better than empty seats!!!
That a seat is empty is not indicative that it has not been paid for. The club cannot "sell" seats of season ticket holders and sponsors who choose not to turn up.
Still keeping the faith!