When will the H Cup QF *actual playing dates* be announced?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

taffyboiy
Top Cat
Top Cat

When will the H Cup QF *actual playing dates* be announced?

Post by taffyboiy »

Sorry for being a bit selfish - but I thought there might be others in my boat too.

For several reasons I won't be able to partake in a 3 day drinkathon in the Irish capital in April :smt022 - so I was going to sort out a flying visit as soon as the actual date became available. (In case you are wondering, I don't live in Leicester, so flights shouldn't be nightmarishly expensive/hard to come by!)

Does anyone know where that info will be announced first? I am currently monitoring the erc website, but I don't know how up to date they keep it, and it's probably more likely that Sky will decree it first anyway :smt005

Thanks in advance!
exiledandy

Re: When will the H Cup QF *actual playing dates* be announced?

Post by exiledandy »

I have gambled on saturday - so please pray for me!
Daveyboy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Daveyboy »

I presume the ERC website will be the first to announce the K.O. times.

Personally, the match can be played at anytime over the weekend EXCEPT Friday evening. Otherwise, I'm :censored:
Today is yesterday's tomorrow.
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/225 ... the-future

According to the final paragraph in this link, "Northampton are set to stage their Heineken Cup quarter-final against Ulster at Milton Keynes on April 10 after having a request to play the game at Franklin’s Gardens rejected. Leicester face Leinster in Dublin a day earlier."

I can see Northampton playing on the Sunday as MK Dons are scheduled to be at home to Carlisle on the Saturday. However, I don't know where the Express got hold of the news we were playing on the Saturday. Perhaps Diana told them!

DISCLAIMER - I am not stating the Leinster v Tigers game is definitely on the Saturday. I am merely repeating what has been published in a national newspaper. In other words, if you make plans for a Saturday match and then it is played on another day, don't blame me.
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
Crumblies
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Crumblies »

As far as I can see there is no news on dates & timings on either Sky or ERC sites yet.

So I guess the Express have used the same logical reasoning as you B.J. seen that now Saints are at MKDons and there is a Soccer fixture there on Saturday, that they will most likely play their game on the Sunday. Sky will want a game on the Saturday to grab a large audience. So that is most likely to be us.

If I were a betting man (which I am not) I would put money on Satrurday with a late KO say 5:30 ish.

Disclaimer: Like B.J. this is not based on fact merely speculation, which IMHO is the basis for much of the Daily Express reporting
Steve56
Tiger Cub

Dublin fixture

Post by Steve56 »

Apologies if this has already been asked, but roughly when will the exact date and time of the Leinster match be released. I presume Sky and ESPN have the whip hand, but going on previous years does anyone have a guestimate?
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Re: Dublin fixture

Post by Bill W (2) »

Still keeping the faith!
Hull Fan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Hull Fan »

From how the SKY team were talking, stating "Leinster v Laicester is the stand out tie" then they would like that on the saturday but tis pure speculation from me.
The East Yorkshire Branch
Coalville RFC - "It's in the blood"
Tigerbob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigerbob »

Mentioned as part of the article announcing Matthew Tait's arrival at Tigers that the Leinster v Tigers match is on the Saturday, and Saints are playing Ulster on the Sunday.

As yet no confirmation on Tiger's own website though.

Obviously the Daily Express have the information otherwise it wouldn't have said. Would be nice to know what time the kickoff was though, if indeed they are party to the info.

Still no sign of a definitive date or kickoff time on ERC or Sky Sports - so don't know where Daily Express are getting their guidance.
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

Tigerbob wrote:Still no sign of a definitive date or kickoff time on ERC or Sky Sports - so don't know where Daily Express are getting their guidance.
As I mentioned earlier, Diana told them. :smt059
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
redlakie

Post by redlakie »

Leicester Tigers game with Leinster in the quarter-finals of the Heineken Cup will take place on Saturday April 9 with a 6.0 kick-off.

Just tweeted by Martin Crowson ...
Tigerbob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigerbob »

Sweet, timed perfectly to go out on the lash after the game (or drown our sorrows).
wolverhampton_tiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by wolverhampton_tiger »

From the ERC Website:-

Reigning champions Toulouse will round off the 2011 Heineken Cup quarter-finals when they clash with Biarritz Olympique on Sunday, 10 April, at the 32,000 capacity Estadio Anoeta in San Sebastian in a repeat of last season's all-French tournament final.29
Share ERC, the tournament organisers, today (Wednesday, 26 January, 2011) announced the dates, kick-off times and host broadcasters for the Heineken Cup quarter-final matches on the weekend of 9 and 10 April.
And the quarter-finals will get underway with an all-French tie when Perpignan and tournament newcomers Toulon meet in Barcelona's Olympic Stadium (capacity 55,000) in the first of the Saturday contests which will be followed by another Heineken Cup final "repeat" when 2009 champions Leinster and Leicester Tigers meet at the Aviva Stadium (capacity 51,000).

Meanwhile, Northampton Saints will play their last eight match against Ulster Rugby in the opening Sunday contest at the 21,500 capacity stadium:mk at Milton Keynes.

HEINEKEN CUP QUARTER-FINALS
(All Kick-Offs LOCAL Time)

SATURDAY, 9 APRIL 2011
16.30 Perpignan v Toulon - Olympic Stadium, Barcelona (55,000) - FR2
18.00 Leinster v Leicester Tigers - Aviva Stadium, Dublin (51,000) - Sky Sports

SUNDAY, 10 APRIL 2011
14.00 Northampton Saints v Ulster Rugby - stadium:mk, Milton Keynes (21,500) - Sky Sports
17.30 Biarritz Olympique v Toulouse - Estadio Anoeta, San Sebastian (32,000) - FR2

SEMI-FINALS (following Sunday's draw)
Leinster or Leicester Tigers v Biarritz Olympique or Toulouse
Northampton Saints or Ulster Rugby v Perpignan or Toulon
30 APRIL / 1 MAY, 2011

16th HEINEKEN CUP FINAL
SATURDAY, 21 MAY, 2011 - MILLENNIUM STADIUM, CARDIFF (kick-off 17.00)
tigermad
Super User
Super User

Post by tigermad »

:smt030 :smt030 :smt030 :smt030

That is a great weekend of rugby action. Barcelona for the Perpignan v Toulon game or Leinster v Leicester in Dublin to kick-off the weekend. Dublin in April sounds good to me. Fly out on Saturday, watch the game, have a few brews in the city and fly home the next day. Pure gold.
Philip J Gray
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

What a strange news release.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_u ... 377446.stm

Is our bias showing?
Still keeping the faith!