Woeful reffing again

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Purebob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Woeful reffing again

Post by Purebob »

My 13 year old son was incandescent with rage at Doyle's reffing , and I calmed him down but watching the match again he was absolutely correct. Doyle's failure to even apply his wrong response fairly to both sides at the breakdown was disgraceful. And as you say he seemed to kno less about reffing a scrum the even I do.
Thank GOD we won against such shoddy refereeing. Both teams deserved better than Doyle.
Simmo
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Simmo »

He certainly had the radio commentators confused with many of his decisions.....
Simmo
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

He did no worse than expected.

:smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003
Still keeping the faith!
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Just as well he was rubbish as the Tigers probably would have lost if the ref had called every penalty?
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
bluntiger
Super User
Super User

Post by bluntiger »

Cockers should have said so again, you can't complain when you lose as it just sounds like sour grapes.

We seem to struggle with magners league referees, their interpretations are bewildering (exception of Rolland and Owens). Remember Fitzgibbon?
Always a Tiger
Cliffeclimber
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Cliffeclimber »

And why did he walk us back 10 metres? Was it something GM said again? I thought the captain was allowed to talk to the ref. This is the second time we've given an easier kick to the opposition in this way.
MJ Chairman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MJ Chairman »

Back 10 meters because Alex T wouldn't let go of the ball after the penalty was awarded
apps

Post by apps »

the RFU need to do something about this ie go to the IRB & say look we got big probs & all ref's need to ref the laws this way

As a ref i know where team & players are coming from as every game i ref i get the same question's

1. when the ball out of the ruck
2. will i take the ball in my 22 from my line out on the 22

i gave them my own version of how i read the law in the book but say next week the ref for that game will say something diffent. It is hard for us out there to ref when you have no AR let alone your rig up to a mic (only had this once for the army).
TIGERS RULE WELFORD ROAD NO MAN CAN STOP THEM IN THERE WAY TO MORE SILVER
Cliffeclimber
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Cliffeclimber »

So we can now expect to see the 10 metre trot everytime a player holds onto the ball or throws it away once the whistle has gone. Some players will be costing their teams a lot of points.

As long as there's consistency, I've no complaints with refs.

I'll also expect that from now on all support players in line-outs to be pinged if they end up with their backs to the opposition, thus sealing off the ball.
MJ Chairman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MJ Chairman »

If you get the chance to look at it again you will see that Slater has got himself between the catcher, Deacon I think, and the Exeter pack therefore the decision was correct as he was offside.
Regarding the 10 meters Alex was told a couple of times to let go of the ball but decided to try and rip their 9s head off instead :smt023
apps

Post by apps »

MJ Chairman wrote:If you get the chance to look at it again you will see that Slater has got himself between the catcher, Deacon I think, and the Exeter pack therefore the decision was correct as he was offside.
Regarding the 10 meters Alex was told a couple of times to let go of the ball but decided to try and rip their 9s head off instead :smt023
but if you wacth the reply alex had let go of the ball but there 9 tried to pick a fight with him as manu came running over however how many team's have done it over the years & nothing been done about it
TIGERS RULE WELFORD ROAD NO MAN CAN STOP THEM IN THERE WAY TO MORE SILVER
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

apps wrote:
As a ref i know where team & players are coming from as every game i ref i get the same question's

1. when the ball out of the ruck
The variation with this law is dreadful. One week you are told one hand on and its out (the correct way i think) the next your told 2 hands it is extremely annoying as one week you can tackle the scrum half straight away the next you get penalised.
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

Cliffeclimber wrote: I'll also expect that from now on all support players in line-outs to be pinged if they end up with their backs to the opposition, thus sealing off the ball.
The problem was not facing your bsck to the oposition. It was steping between the player catching the ball and the oposition therefore acting as a block in an off side position.

The same rule applies to the players supporting the player catching the ball at kick off and the refs have been asked to tighten up on this. Leicester were pinged several times for this in the early part of the season.
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
Cliffeclimber
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Cliffeclimber »

I agree with you Noggs, but I don't recall many refs in other games spotting this particular infringement.

And I'm also confused about how the ball sometimes gets to the back of the ruck if no one on the ground has touched it. The refs must think that the tackled player has extraordinarily long arms, or they've decided to ignore this law for expediency. But this only makes it more frustrating when they ping another player for handling in the ruck, as it then appears to be inconsistency again.