Yet another Sunday game! - Treviso - 23rd January 2011

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

seldomrong

Re: Yet another Sunday game! - Treviso - 23rd January 2011

Post by seldomrong »

3pm on a saturday is ancient history as the norm - why is it a surprise that our match isn't at that time? There are 6 groups, only one can play then! :smt017
Tigers are in my blood
Pete
Super User
Super User

Post by Pete »

Am I correct in thinking that we not only have nine successive matches, home and away, starting at different times / days, but that we are also in the middle of a sequence of nine successive home matches starting at different times / days?
cooperman
Tiger Cub

Post by cooperman »

Sunday and Friday evening games and silly Kick Off times I hate also stupid prices for beer and a cup of tea .......we will be voting with our feet next year and not renewing our season tickets as several games this year we have been able to attend
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

cooperman wrote:we will be voting with our feet next year and not renewing our season tickets as several games this year we have been able to attend
Ahem, pardon? You are not renewing a ST next season because you HAVE been able to attend games? :smt017

Seems you may be supporting the wrong team anyway in that case!
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
zee

Post by zee »

To be fair it is hard to play on the same days for these reasons:

-Parking- there were 31,000 watching City yesterday and 24,000 watching Tigers tomorrow. thats 55,000 sports fans. The city does not have this many spaces!!!!

-LRI- ambulances must find it a nightmare when it is gridlocked on the ring roads around match days, for both teams to be playing would be a nightmare.

-Police resources- Yesterdays game City v Leeds United was a category C game meaning the chance of serious public disorder was severe. There were 6 horses, dog units and around 200 police officers (including those on stand by), some dressed in riot gear and a police helicopter. To add 2 more sets of fans to this equation (all be it rugby) could create problems, especially at the train station etc.

Edit: Just seen Leicester are facing millwall on the 22nd. I certainly will be going nowhere near the city, their fans are total thugs.

Therefore these clashes will continue. :smt017
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Saturday3pm wrote:Oh fab, yet another game on a Sunday. Thanks a bunch. No, really, such consideration for loyal fans who want to watch live rugby around 15:00 on a Saturday. I take the hint. Stuff the £400+ season ticket next year, I'll take Sky sports & buy a ticket for any match played at the proper time.
:smt009
Yep, save your money, don't bother with sky either just stream the games sit back and relax with a cold one in the comfort of your own home - no travel, no expensive food and beer to buy, no broken turnstiles to stop you getting in and their won't be too many 15:00 KO to worry about either. Alternatively, find a local club, that has Sky/ESPN, enjoy the amateur game (with regular 14:00 or 15:00 KO's) with a few beers or a pre-game lunch at realistic prices and then watch the Tigers in the clubhouse - simples!! My ST money buys me a pre-game lunch at Cambridge for every home game, great atmosphere, good rugby and only 30 mins down the road (no A14 to trudge up and down) - bargain.
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
GT1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GT1 »

Watching Treviso now in local derby at Aironi on computer also watching welsh derby Cardiff v Ospreys on TV home teams both winning.
Treviso squeezed win by a point
Cardiff also won.
seldomrong

Post by seldomrong »

[quote="TigerCamYep, save your money, don't bother with sky either just stream the games sit back and relax with a cold one in the comfort of your own home - no travel, no expensive food and beer to buy, no broken turnstiles to stop you getting in and their won't be too many 15:00 KO to worry about either. Alternatively, find a local club, that has Sky/ESPN, enjoy the amateur game (with regular 14:00 or 15:00 KO's) with a few beers or a pre-game lunch at realistic prices and then watch the Tigers in the clubhouse - simples!! My ST money buys me a pre-game lunch at Cambridge for every home game, great atmosphere, good rugby and only 30 mins down the road (no A14 to trudge up and down) - bargain.[/quote]

Always found the atmosphere in front of the telly is the same as the terrace :smt043
Tigers are in my blood
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

seldomrong wrote:Always found the atmosphere in front of the telly is the same as the terrace :smt043
Totally passionless place the terrace. Most people brain dead!!

Now in the stand -- there you have atmosphere, and passion and "real supporters"!!

:smt005 :smt005 :smt005

:smt043 :smt046 :smt043

:smt038 :smt038 :smt038 :smt038
Still keeping the faith!