Brendon Venter Interview on Sky

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

PJ_BECKS
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Brendon Venter Interview on Sky

Post by PJ_BECKS »

Obviously looking to make some sort of a statement after the ERC fined him for comments he's made in the past about referees etc.
Purebob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Purebob »

Tikki Tikki Tonka
Your DOR's a plonka
JWM
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by JWM »

In the interview Brendan Venter is displaying a number of indicators of mental illness, and of medication. The lack of coherence, the slight slur, the far away look in the eyes. The man is unwell. For the sake of his own health Sarries need to step him down now. This is a serious comment, not a back-handed joke.
ST in new Clubhouse stand ... sadly, my back's no longer up to standing :-(
MurphysLaw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MurphysLaw »

I think this was a premeditated bout of childish, petulence, apparently aimed at ERC :smt015

The fact that it was apparently supported by the Sarries hierarchy speaks volumes about the culture of the management of the Club.
The answer to this type of behaviour is simply to ignore them. Next time, interview the opposition, but do not give 'the special ones' any publicity.
Goffer3404
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Goffer3404 »

His salary from Sarries is what?
His position in the club is what?
Sorry, if any of us, at the end of work tomorrow said that, would we have a job on Tuesday!!! I think not.
If he is taking the p** :smt048 :smt048 :smt047 :smt041 s, then he is clueless!
GS
Super User
Super User

Post by GS »

He was disappointed. As disappointed as a newt.

That said I think JMW does have a valid point considering his departure in January. Venter that is not JMW. :smt023
Opportunities always look bigger going than coming.
SPIKE@srufc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by SPIKE@srufc »

The main context of the interview is "Did Saracens lose?", they only have something to say when they lose.......
That was the musings of a sulky school child and in my opinion the 'defence' of it by the Saracens' board is as bad as if the critisicm had been made in the interview with the 'good doctor'.

I think Saracens think they are being clever approaching this in this way and I hope the powers that be deal with it as it should be dealt with.

There is no place for this in the game and it needs stamping out.
SPIKE

It's not the winning or losing but the taking apart which matters.
Purebob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Purebob »

Megalomania. Venter thinks he's the messiah but he's just a very naughty boy.
Hull Fan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Hull Fan »

So, why do rugby people not like Saracens? :smt017

Get real Saffas, lose the idiot siege mentality and have the players playing for the pride in the badge and the club. Then you might win something, look at the best and learn from them.
The East Yorkshire Branch
Coalville RFC - "It's in the blood"
SaltyJackTar
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by SaltyJackTar »

I fall in with Brian Moore's take on the post match interview that it was both unprofessional and pointless

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyu ... tless.html

Unlike ESPN who thought it was hilarious

http://www.espn.co.uk/rugbyunion/sport/ ... MP=OTC-RSS

and Brendan Gallagher who, in his eyes it would appear, Dr Venter can do no wrong

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/sport/bren ... l-message/

Speak out Dr Venter and Saracens by all means but do it in a proper and meaningful manner. Banish the seige mentality, spend less time trying to undermine the respective rugby authorities but instead concentrate on playing a useful and supportive role in both Premiership and European rugby.
Sponsorship deals may come and go but the CRUMBIE stand will always remain.
bluntiger
Super User
Super User

Post by bluntiger »

So now we know that something special IS happening at Saracens.

They are trying to be the first English team to be eliminated in the pool stages WITHOUT winning even one game!
Always a Tiger
Mr Bean
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Mr Bean »

I have to say I do have some respect for venter as he says what he feels and what his players feel and what alot of the fans feel (like his rant about the way refs interpret the breakdown that gets mentioned alot on here) yet when he does say what a lot of people on here have said (that refs arnt up to speed on the rules of the breakdown and they all interpret it differently) he gets called an idiot and a buffoon.
Purebob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Purebob »

People who do not think they have a divine right to hold forth on any given topic without any shred of diplomacy tend to be disliked amongst communities of folks.
I have no doubt other DORs have made their opinions known to the governing bodies without the hysterical flouncing and queenly-drama of Venter.

Many folks may agree with his issues. Less think he is a nice man or a good communicator.
Jay C
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jay C »

Caught this on u-tube today and couldn't believe my eyes :smt018

I understand where the special one is coming from on this (damned if you do & damned if you don't) but feel he approached it all wrong.
There's no sympathy for a serial whinger, but there would be for a straight talker who gives their opinion consistently - win, lose or draw.

Better just to refuse to speak, than to look such an idiot on tv. (hey - if its good enough for Sir Alex....)

Worse still is the club backing him in this manner - they really are one weird club. What must the fans think ?