Cockers not happy with the aussies

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

kingol22
Super User
Super User

Cockers not happy with the aussies

Post by kingol22 »

The coach in particular. Deans has said that castro manipulates the ref to get penalties at scrum time obviously cockers isnt happy and has said that they should get there scrum sorted before they start criticising leicester players :smt003

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/t ... ticle.html
Richard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Cockers not happy with the aussies

Post by Richard »

Didnt the NZ ref mr O'brien say that a couple a years ago about Castro and as a result Castro got pinged at almost ever scrum in subsequent matches. He has recently come out and apologized because he had got it wrong.
the future is bright
the future is
Scarlet Green and White
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

Cockers is absolutely right - This is all about trying to de power the scrum due their inability in this area - They try to change the laws if it doesn't suit them and it is a disgrace. It must be resisted most vigourously - they must continue to penalise those taking the scrum down - they must be made to scrum and stop this lottery stuff - one against you then one against them - the weak scrummage teams must not be allowed to profit.

Exactly the same thing happens to Ewan Murry - he shoves someone all over the park then they drop it and he is penalised - The referees need to switch on!
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

What is to prevent Deans' props doing whatever it is Castro does?

If they stay up, square and straight they will not be penalised.
Still keeping the faith!
Purebob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Purebob »

1. technique
2. strength
3. commitment
4. courage
5. timing
6. coaching
7. experience
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Purebob wrote:
1. technique
2. strength
3. commitment
4. courage
5. timing
6. coaching
7. experience
OK. Apart from those?

:smt005 :smt005 :smt005
Still keeping the faith!
Snorbins
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Snorbins »

dont think i have ever heard cockers so irrate. They dont like it up em Mr Mainwaring! Tell it like it is. another NZ and Aus attack on real rugby!
Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

Post by Smurphswillgetya »

Good on you Cocky. The rules and interpretation is all geared towards negating or doing away with the scrum. I know I shouldnt but I have watched a few rugby league games and cannot understand why they have scrums. They just come together the ball is fed to the back and the guy who put it in picks it up almost immediately and play carries on. Is that what we want in union?
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Smurphswillgetya wrote:Good on you Cocky. The rules and interpretation is all geared towards negating or doing away with the scrum. I know I shouldnt but I have watched a few rugby league games and cannot understand why they have scrums. They just come together the ball is fed to the back and the guy who put it in picks it up almost immediately and play carries on. Is that what we want in union?
Do you need to ask? NO!!!!
Still keeping the faith!
Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

Post by Smurphswillgetya »

Bill W (2) wrote:
Smurphswillgetya wrote:Good on you Cocky. The rules and interpretation is all geared towards negating or doing away with the scrum. I know I shouldnt but I have watched a few rugby league games and cannot understand why they have scrums. They just come together the ball is fed to the back and the guy who put it in picks it up almost immediately and play carries on. Is that what we want in union?
Do you need to ask? NO!!!!
Bill we may not want it but if the southern hemisphere have their way (in particular Australia and NZ) that is exactly what we will end up with
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.
Jay C
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jay C »

Full on scrums are part of the enjoyment of the game and an interesting side battle or 'game within a game' to see who comes out on top - i would not like to see that removed completely from the game. I also dislike the current one for them, one for you attitude that some refs have at scrumtime....

The contrast in styles of say the Pumas or Italians compared to the Fijians or welsh :smt002 provides great entertainment to games. In fact, these games can be more interesting than two very similiarly styles teams going at it !

Hopefully, for the good of the game, NZ & Oz will soon find some decent scrummagers and then suddenly we will have this emphasis reversed and real rugby will be resumed across the globe :smt023
SPIKE@srufc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by SPIKE@srufc »

All hail the word of Cockers. Nail firmly smacked I would suggest.
SPIKE

It's not the winning or losing but the taking apart which matters.
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

Bill W (2) wrote:What is to prevent Deans' props doing whatever it is Castro does?

If they stay up, square and straight they will not be penalised.
Because the Aussies don't appreciate the scrum, have lobbied for the scrum to be emasculated and have opted to produce and play overweight back row forwards at prop - better in the loose but if they have to do real scrummaging work and come up against an out & out prop they will struggle.

The Aussies prefer League where a prop forward's role is essentially more akin to that of back row player in Union and think the rest of us want the same.
LessThanSte
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by LessThanSte »

Be nice if the scrum could be sorted so we dont have to spend 3 minutes watching the ref tell them to try it again every time though aye.
#48 FTW :)