Tigers v Ospreys

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

smalldell
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Tigers v Ospreys

Post by smalldell »

It was embarassing...not the playrs fault...the managment..ths midweek games now have to be played for money..

Made my mind up I will not renew my sason ticket Tigers are taking me for a ride....they can get stuffed.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Apathy is a good way to describe it. Cockers will be disappointed by the score, but really, in the grand scheme of things. Few will really care.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

smalldell wrote:It was embarassing...not the playrs fault...the managment..ths midweek games now have to be played for money..

Made my mind up I will not renew my sason ticket Tigers are taking me for a ride....they can get stuffed.
Fair enough. Have fun. :smt039
smalldell
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by smalldell »

I will and save a lot of money....
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

Big Dai wrote:yawn!

When a lifelong supporter reaches this degree of apathy the game is in trouble!

I get the feeling there are many like you, generally miffed that we the fan are now took for granted!

Money is now starting to kill the english game, not enough salary cap available to even compete in this pathetic cup!! :smt022 :smt022

I will still support my beloved club, through thick and thin.

KEEP THE DAMN FAITH
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

I think Cockers got what he wanted out of it - tho' it might not be the answers he wanted? It was a foregone conclusion, just by looking at the team sheets, that the Tigers would not come out of this with a win. The like of Holah etc made that very obvious. Ford, Armes, Hurrell worked hard. When you are faced with a side that can still put 10 ints on the park and have a int front row at the KO you are going to be up against it. Morgan got MoM but he had an armchair ride in very poor conditions. The Spreys played the running game whenever they could and got 5 trys in 16 minutes. The Tigers did the pick&go and got nothing other than a good hiding - no running lines from 50% possession and nothing was made of it. 2nd half was containment but that was all. Disappointing but the writing was on the wall and the fat lady had already done an encore before the KO.
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Not a good evening for the faith - but I did not expect it to be.

Such a shame several players failed to put their hands up.

Nonetheless KEEP THE FAITH!
Still keeping the faith!
APJones
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by APJones »

a couple of nice photos of mad dog in the advert for tomorrows international - possibly the best bit of the rugby programme to night

Cockers will be complimentary about the effort most of our youngsters put in, in what were atrocious conditions.

Not a good run of matches , three bad results All in the rain
http://www.flickr.com/photos/apjones/collections/72157604067869830/
JOIN the Leicester Tigers Rugby photo group on Flickr LINK ABOVE
APJos and pit15
tb1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tb1 »

In most ways an expected result but in others a tad disappointing. In his second game of the year Pienaar again failed to impress, in this case as one of the more experienced players.
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

APJones wrote:a couple of nice photos of mad dog in the advert for tomorrows international - possibly the best bit of the rugby programme to night

Cockers will be complimentary about the effort most of our youngsters put in, in what were atrocious conditions.

Not a good run of matches , three bad results All in the rain
Dunno that it is just about the last 3 games? It hasn't bee that brilliant since the pre-season at Cork. One purple match against the Scarlets and that is it.
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

2 wins at home in the next 2 weeks, and everyone will be happy again, and rolling on into the Heineken on winning ways.

A loss against Quins or Newcastle at home, and then we can start hitting the panic button. Now is not the time to be hitting the panic button.
smalldell
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by smalldell »

Look the fact is Tigers hav to play these games against touring sides to make ends meet. This means a development comp - LV CUP - becomes a junior cup for us.

Managing development is crucial. Yes players have to face up but in a team that is getting stuffed...no chance....

Look at BP 2nite..he had promise..now he displays despiration..

We R wasting 2 many players....it has to stop....

R U optomistic about next Friday???? I am not
tb1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tb1 »

Darc Tiger wrote:2 wins at home in the next 2 weeks, and everyone will be happy again, and rolling on into the Heineken on winning ways.

A loss against Quins or Newcastle at home, and then we can start hitting the panic button. Now is not the time to be hitting the panic button.
I agree.
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

not a great result. the loss was expected but the score line is not good. 3 months into the season and the team is still failing to click without our first choice half backs. It was no surprise that the best performance of the season was one of the only ones with youngs and flood playing together. I think with flood out cockerill will have been satisfied with the season so far, a comfortable position in eourope and if we can muster a strong run till christmas when the internationals return we will not be in to bad a position in the league. But we are still going to be on the edge all season one injury for youngs or flood and our silver ware hopes are all but over :smt009
tb1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tb1 »

kingol22 wrote:3 months into the season and the team is still failing to click without our first choice half backs.
Plus first choice front row, second row, back row, inside centre, and back 3.

Plus second choice front row minus Hawkins, second row, back row minus the poor pienaar, half backs, centres and back 3.