Nottingham Fans "bite the hand" springs to mind

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

big john
Silver Member
Silver Member

Nottingham Fans "bite the hand" springs to mind

Post by big john »

After Monday nights game and the rumor we are looking at Arlidge the Forum on the Notts site shows the fans are not too happy.

I agree in part about Arlidge as they don't have much cover at 10 but the comments about other players seems a little odd as they seem to be unhappy at us using "Nottingham" players.

The word is that Sampere came to notts with the option to train and maybe earn a deal with Tigers as part of the deal.

On top of this they seem to be unhappy that Forsyth, Green, Armes, Harris and Youngs all played and now may not be fully fit for them this weekend.

I have to say if we look back over the last few seasons we have "loaned" alot of good like Matt Smith and Tonks until he left our ranks for Saints also i recall 36 and Vesty turning out for them last season, By the squad page i think that around 1/5th of the team are Tigers (not sure if the likes of Roussarie, Raven, Sherriff and Hemingway are still on our books) and a good handful are ex Tigers that had been on loan and stayed on.

It does seem to sound like less of "bite the hand the feeds you" and more of "just chew the hand right off"

What would make thing interesting would be if Notts came up and how many players would have to come back, Notts could lose around 1/3rd of the squad and maybe 1/3rd of the better end of the squad at that.