London Wasps v Leicester

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

watsonjm
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: London Wasps v Leicester

Post by watsonjm »

Big Dai wrote:Third week in a row. Spineless, gutless capitulation. Absolute men's dangly bits! Carp!

36 our saviour? You're having a giraffe. Don't be too hard on Smurf, as soon as Jezza went off 36 and Woods let Walder play. He was class!

Cockerill out!.............and take that grey shirt with you. Mid table at best this year!
Your a muppet! Great first half. Second half fell about because of jezzer going off. I love 12 trees but he was out of his league 2day. Great game to watch. We need to get better but we will be in the top 4 come may.
maxy437
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by maxy437 »

Easily worst second half I have ever seen from tigers. That should have been wrapped up at half-time. Why we took off Staunton, and left a hugely inexperienced midfield I can't think. If we finish above 6th this year I'll eat my shoes. All tries we conceded were an absolute disgrace, can't believe the last.

Should have easily scored about 8 tries. On the bright side, thought Hamilton was good, as was Slater and Croft.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Don't call me a muppet! Attack what I say, not me!

For a professional outfit that was capitulation! The half time talk should have been about pressure on their kicker, maintaining the intensity and not letting go. If 36 is not up to the mark then it's the mangements responsibility to make sure we have the resourses that are.

The squad is thin, in my view, as a result of poor signings and mismangement.
Last edited by Big Dai on Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
watsonjm
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by watsonjm »

maxy437 wrote:Easily worst second half I have ever seen from tigers. That should have been wrapped up at half-time. Why we took off Staunton, and left a hugely inexperienced midfield I can't think. If we finish above 6th this year I'll eat my shoes. All tries we conceded were an absolute disgrace, can't believe the last.

Should have easily scored about 8 tries. On the bright side, thought Hamilton was good, as was Slater and Croft.
Jezzer was injured........ Achilles cockers said.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Would have taken 2 points at the start of the game. But it had to be 5 points after that half time score. It had to be. Its not like Wasps played much rugby. We gave them 16 or 19 very soft points that second half. Not to mention the 2 defensive slip ups giving away tries in the first half.

The Leicester, je ne sais quoi, was noticeably missing. The game seemed to go completely the opposite away from the last last too. The real Tigers were in evidence in the first half. But the horror show of the first two games' first halves came back in the second.

We talked about it being an 80minute game last week. Our players need the same earful.
maxy437
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by maxy437 »

watsonjm wrote:
maxy437 wrote:Easily worst second half I have ever seen from tigers. That should have been wrapped up at half-time. Why we took off Staunton, and left a hugely inexperienced midfield I can't think. If we finish above 6th this year I'll eat my shoes. All tries we conceded were an absolute disgrace, can't believe the last.

Apologies, didn't know that. Hope it doesn't keep him out. Not have been smarter to then play Murphy at 10, Hamilton at 15 and M.Tuilagi at 14?
Simmo
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Simmo »

All I can say is that must have been some half time team talk......

Actually no, I'll add a more contentious comment..........It's a good job we're playing Rugby union and not Cricket cause if that were Pakistan you know what would be in tomorrow mornings papers!!
Simmo
Snorbins
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Snorbins »

Would have taken a point at the start of the day, but with 5 in the bag at half time it should have been a done deal. Wasps got lucky with Murph not kicking, nutting or just running the ball into touch. The back line almost functioned with cohersion until Staunton went off. After that it was downhill all the way and bye bye 3 points.
Any spare 10's around?
We should have won that! The refs interpretation of advantage was over generous.
Waldron is Deano in disguise and put in some good carries.
And yes get rid of the shirt. And get a defense coach.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

As for the papers!............I bet you don't!
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
maxy437
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by maxy437 »

On the bright side, was hugely impressed with the line-out. Probably because croft started. Hoping Staunton is okay for next week.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Snorbins wrote:And get a defense coach.
Just not Shedwards!
watsonjm
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by watsonjm »

maxy437 wrote:
watsonjm wrote:

Apologies, didn't know that. Hope it doesn't keep him out. Not have been smarter to then play Murphy at 10, Hamilton at 15 and M.Tuilagi at 14?
Yeah this could have worked well. Maybe for weeks to come if jazzer is broken for a while.

Personaly think 12trees need some time on the training field at 10. He can be very good there jst needs to be training there rather than 12/13
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Do not despair, 2 away games played against two of the stronger sides.

Winning home games and picking up some away wins will happen and Tigers will build as the season goes on.

:smt023
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
watsonjm
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by watsonjm »

Big Dai wrote:Don't call me a muppet! Attack what I say, not me!

For a professional outfit that was capitulation! The half time talk should have been about pressure on their kicker, maintaining the intensity and not letting go. If 36 is not up to the mark then it's the mangements responsibility to make sure we have the resourses that are.

The squad is thin, in my view, as a result of poor signings and mismangement.
One and the same im affaird, what you say represents you. Unless ur don't say what you believe?

Never heard of the wage cap? We have flood, jazzer and ford. As it happens there all injured.

What do you want? The whole bench to be cover for 10?

Get a grip!
Last edited by watsonjm on Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.