Does Huntley have a point?

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Re: Does Huntley have a point?

Post by Bill W (2) »

Kinoulton wrote:We're going way off the original topic here, but so what!

The exes thing is but the thin end of the unethical wedge.

They make money by peddling influence. Cash for questions, cash for honours, cash for introductions, cash for almost anything.

Taxis for hire.
Still keeping the faith!
madoqua
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by madoqua »

Aaaannyyyywaaaay...

Child rapist jumped on and killed in prison yesterday.

Think of the savings if every jailscrote killed every other jailscrote!

Savings on clink building, prison officer wages, police time..........

It's about as likely as the theories of the teddybear brigade.

Can dream though.
Gate
Super User
Super User

Post by Gate »

Ken Clarke needs you, mad. But you need to put some hard-edged figures on that to convince HMT.
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

madoqua wrote:Aaaannyyyywaaaay...

Child rapist jumped on and killed in prison yesterday.

Think of the savings if every jailscrote killed every other jailscrote!

Savings on clink building, prison officer wages, police time..........

It's about as likely as the theories of the teddybear brigade.

Can dream though.
Quite so. But child rapists and killers should be executed the moment they are convicted, not left festering in jail whingeing about their rights and occassionally being beaten up.

But you'll never get that past the self-appointed pro-life zealots who believe that even an unfertilised egg or a sperm has a load of "rights".
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Kinoulton wrote:It makes our justice system no better than those of the Middle East or Africa.
Except in a lot of those places it is many of the prison officers / guards who are the ones doing the beating, often quite openly.

Huntly, as detestable as he is - ideally he would've been disposed of - should have a right to protection (of sorts - though it does pain me to say it) but like Madoqua et al (of a similar mind) I shall be losing no sleep that he has been attacked.

IF he is awarded any compensation, would it not be acceptable to tax him on it (genuinely not sure if he would/could be), and charge him bed and board for the rest of his enforced stay, or can you not charge him rent etc as he is not there voluntarily? Make him pay for a TV licence etc etc.

I know this all sounds a bit flippant but stripping it back to basics helps me, make him pay his own way until the money is gone then, unfortunately, let good old Joe taxpayer pick up the tab again. Or am I being too simplistic?

In all this are we also considring how the parents of Holly Wells and Jessica Chapman must be feeling with this scumbag being raked up in the news again?? Go and debate the issue with them, ask them about what's right and wrong, ask their opinion on justice, tell them about human rights........
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Totally agree that Huntley has rights.

Indeed, so important are these rights that they need to be considered very carefully by the most qualified loony left we can assemble, who should meet weekly (for 10 minutes) for the next 50 years to make recommendations for us to consider.
Still keeping the faith!
madoqua
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by madoqua »

Can S+M spare the time?
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

madoqua wrote:Can S+M spare the time?

Most qualified? No need to scrape the barrel!!!!

:smt003 :smt003 :smt003
Still keeping the faith!
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

WhitecapTiger wrote:
Kinoulton wrote:It makes our justice system no better than those of the Middle East or Africa.
Except in a lot of those places it is many of the prison officers / guards who are the ones doing the beating, often quite openly.

Huntly, as detestable as he is - ideally he would've been disposed of - should have a right to protection (of sorts - though it does pain me to say it) but like Madoqua et al (of a similar mind) I shall be losing no sleep that he has been attacked.

IF he is awarded any compensation, would it not be acceptable to tax him on it (genuinely not sure if he would/could be), and charge him bed and board for the rest of his enforced stay, or can you not charge him rent etc as he is not there voluntarily? Make him pay for a TV licence etc etc.

I know this all sounds a bit flippant but stripping it back to basics helps me, make him pay his own way until the money is gone then, unfortunately, let good old Joe taxpayer pick up the tab again. Or am I being too simplistic?

In all this are we also considring how the parents of Holly Wells and Jessica Chapman must be feeling with this scumbag being raked up in the news again?? Go and debate the issue with them, ask them about what's right and wrong, ask their opinion on justice, tell them about human rights........
Can't disgree with any of that.

Also, it bugs me that if Huntley wanted to merely show how poorly our prisons are run, then he could have done so without going for compensation. Asking for financial reward has almost invalidated the credibility that his protest would have had.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Here's another one:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-11052611

Of course these people have "rights".

Just as Holly Wells, Jessica Chapman, Vicki Hamilton, Angelina Kluk and Dinah McNicol had rights.

Difference is they have been denied the right to appeal.
Still keeping the faith!
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

We don't "design" our lives, and any one of us (there but for the grace of God) could end up in the nick.

My original point in this thread, is that if any one of us does end up in the nick then we probably do have the right not to be beaten up, intimidated, homosexually :censored: or driven to the point of suicide.

Scum like Huntley and Tobin should have those rights too, but should never be released in a million years.