2010 / 11 Fixture List

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

mol2
Super User
Super User

Re: 2010 / 11 Fixture List

Post by mol2 »

There's little point bemoaning kick off times.
Sky tell league what games it is going to broadcast & what time they want it playing.
League tell clubs.
Clubs & fans have no real say.
maskedsquid
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by maskedsquid »

I'd prefer a plethora of evening kick-offs, mainly on a Friday or Saturday. This is based on the fact that evening kick-offs always provide the best atmospheres.

Whether there is a link between the better atmospheres and the absence of some whingeing supporters who can't attend later kick offs though remains a moot point... :smt023
It's only cheating if you get caught.
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Fixture lists

Post by Old Hob »

The round ball people have published their fixtures for the next season. Any idea when the Premiership/HC fixture list is due? Is it July usually?
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

The Premiership Rugby Fixtures for the 2010/11 Season will be announced at 4pm on Tuesday 29th June
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
GT1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GT1 »

Have we got a date for the European games to be announced yet???
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Thanks for that Tigerbeat :smt023
maskedsquid wrote:I'd prefer a plethora of evening kick-offs, mainly on a Friday or Saturday. This is based on the fact that evening kick-offs always provide the best atmospheres.

Whether there is a link between the better atmospheres and the absence of some whingeing supporters who can't attend later kick offs though remains a moot point... :smt023
Astute observation oh masked one :smt005 as I work away from home kick off times don't matter that much to me at present, if I'm home I'll go, and as I try to make trips home coincide with as many home games as possible then I'm happy whenever!
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
DickyP
Super User
Super User

Post by DickyP »

I support the gist of this post entirely - but I'm not fixated on 3pm - what I want and what clearly suits Tigers looking at past results is we need to play (or at least kick-off) in daylight! In November through to April we'd be better off kicking off at 2pm.

I know they are much maligned here in this forum, but the tartan rug brigade who may not shout their heads off are nevertheless loyal supporters and many of them are elderly (in their 70s and 80s) and the much lower temperatures after dusk in winter fixtures means many of them are unable to come because of the cold.

Mind you - what I really, really, really hate is Friday night games.
For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game."
Off Piste Tiger

Post by Off Piste Tiger »

I see that the Foxes are at home on Boxing Day.You would think it was our turn this year ?
zee

Post by zee »

big game v Leeds aswell, Im sure theyll be looking for a 30,000+ crowd for that one as well so little chance of it being moved. Tv or Police advice may still come into it. their away fixture v Derby has been moved to 1pm on police advice to curb drinking to try to minimise trouble as there was some disorder last fixture apparently.
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

GT1 wrote:Have we got a date for the European games to be announced yet???
Last year they were announced on 23rd July.
GT1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GT1 »

Thanks DW.
tigerfeet13
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by tigerfeet13 »

mol2 wrote:There's little point bemoaning kick off times.
Sky tell league what games it is going to broadcast & what time they want it playing.
League tell clubs.
Clubs & fans have no real say.
Don't forget it's not just Sky this year.
For every game Sky show ESPN have 2!

So about a 50 % chance of any home game (or any match for that matter) being moved for one TV channel or another.

He who pays the piper calls the tunes I'm afraid.
Rugby Special... Is the Tigers!
doogie

Post by doogie »

Tigerbeat wrote:The Premiership Rugby Fixtures for the 2010/11 Season will be announced at 4pm on Tuesday 29th June
Is this definite Tigerbeat?

I've looked on every web site I know and cannot see where the fixtures for next season will be announced.

Let's hope it is today. It will be interesting to see when we play Bath at home!
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

So with 2 hours to wait until the fixtures are announced who would we all like to start and end the season with. Obviously we want to end with the Prem Final but who would you like to play for our 22nd league game :smt002

I'd like to start with Newcastle away, meaning we don't have to travel all that way on a Friday night in November/December and struggle.

Last game Leeds at home and hope they have got nothing to play for so we can get 5 points in case the top 4 is very close

What do you all think?