Leicester Tigers - Guinness Premiership Champions 2009-2010

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Zephyr

Re: Leicester Tigers - Guinness Premiership Champions 2009-2010

Post by Zephyr »

Ok went to the game as neutral but 'supporting' Saracens and came out as Tigers. This was largely because of your fans - so much better than Sarries in numbers. I was unfortunate as I sat close to some of the most annoying and obnoxious rugby 'fans' at this game and they were Saracens which may have coloured my judgment somewhat. I cannot think that Leicester fans would have enjoyed an hour and half of 'Northern Monkeys' jokes. Great game ruined for me by Twickenham experience on this occasion.
Make sure you keep beating this lot of under achievers, both in terms of team and supporters.
Tweentown

Post by Tweentown »

Congratulations to everyone at Tigers - the players, the coaches, the backroom staff and management - who have guided us through a difficult season to be Champions once again.

Great game, great result at the end of a very good season for tigers.

Remember, the injury list in the first half of the season together with the long list of senior players on international duty. We fought for our wins and showed ourselves to be champions back in those winter months, although many of the commentators and experts may not have seen it that way. We wern't quite strong enough with our depleted squad back then to pull through the strong Heineken group, but with a full squad I beleive we would have been there taking on the French in the final stages and who knows?

Congratulations to everyone at Tigers - the players, the coaches, the backroom staff and management - who have guided us through a difficult season to be Champions once again.

Can't wait for the new season. Yes, were losing some excellent Tigers but I believe the the club is in good hands. There's no long injury list like we had at the end of last season - Barnes & co might still didn't mention Leicester when they talked about likely Heineken winners next year - but then they said Sarries would win yesterday. The prospects look OK to me - Bring it on.
Bring back the rolling maul...and they did
JWM
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by JWM »

Fan-bloomin-tastic!!! From Block M49 Row 66

GREAT game, and a great day out with great friends (managing also to meet up with my oldest school friend after not seeing one another for 20 years, so fantastic all round.)

:smt026
ST in new Clubhouse stand ... sadly, my back's no longer up to standing :-(
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Was there a game yesterday? Judging by the wreckage in my lounge this mornig there must have been! Scattered beer cans and snack packets.

I don't agree with the play offs at all. First is first and third is third. As for the poor beggars (Changed for the censor) who came second what credit did they get for 8 months hard graft?

I Watched the game in good company and forgot the stress of the working week, family illnesses and a bit more besides. Well played Leicester football club and a match that was a great advert for the game. ......but the Tigers had nothing to prove. They came top, they were the best, they are the best!

Now...what to do next!.........I know, a quiet post lunch Remy whilst watching the cricket.

<Raises glass> A pleasant summer to you all! Let's hope we have one and we can all return ready to silence Barnsey again next year.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

And a pleasant summer to you too Big Dai!

:smt023 :smt023 :smt023
Still keeping the faith!
apps

Post by apps »

for years we have had a pack that can do the buessies on the day for a young lad parling has been my player of the season by far his work around the picth all season has showed why mj want to take him on tour.

but on a hole we never let are head down once when sarries went in the lead let's hope we can stay injury free next season

well done lad's and good bye to the one who leave for new things i am so looking forward to bath games next year lol i can feel it now lm getting a big hit from at.
TIGERS RULE WELFORD ROAD NO MAN CAN STOP THEM IN THERE WAY TO MORE SILVER
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Agree with you about Parling,apps,he could be a future Tigers captain,I like his attitude.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
benn

Post by benn »

What a fab day out - not even the rain stopped people enjoying it! After all that excitement seems a bit flat now - must pop out to the local and carry on the celebrations...........
TigerS2
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerS2 »

Have only just got back. I am so pleased I decided to give the Play-Off Final at Twickers a go this time. I didn't expect a game like that. It had everything. I bit hard so I wouldn't cry as it was quite emotional at the end.
I felt the same way as I did after witnessing the Leicester v SA...
Thank you Cocky, and the Tigers. :smt038
Rosalicious
Tiger Cub

Post by Rosalicious »

Only just calmed down. Started off by chatting to two guys in the queue for the bus from Richmond only to find we were sitting behind them (in BRILLIANT seats) - what's the chances eh? They were Saints fans who lustily and unashamedly shouted for Tigers for the full 80 and we all had a big kiss-up at the end. The match went by in a flash but dotted with memories I will treasure for ever - Castro geeing us up and then dancing on the podium for ages, total bewilderment at Dan's try when my world was turning to bitter dust, the utter abject terror of the last lineout quickly disipated by Geoff's dive to grab the ball (yes, sometimes good things DO happen) and Lewis in shreds at the end. After Dan's try I forgot I was a lady by screaming 'in your *ahem* face' at the Sarries fan in the row behind who kept singing at every penalty 'same old Tigers always cheating' - purlease :smt016. Apologies to everyone I inadvertently poked with my flag or terrified with my singing. Very happy.
AfanOsprey
Tiger Cub

Post by AfanOsprey »

jgriffin wrote:Proud to be the standard bearers for England: English rugby is in our hands, all our scorers were EQ and none of Sarries were.

And chwarae teg Ospreys, how good was our HC group?
You're an abosolute gent sir.

If Viadana had won the final they got to, our group would have had all four domestic champions in it.

Congrats guys and here's to next season!