Matt Mullan

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

tonyw

Matt Mullan

Post by tonyw »

Reports in the Rugby Paper and Daily Mail that Tigers are lining up a bid for the Warriors prop forward.
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Re: Matt Mullan

Post by kornboy130 »

A serious coup if we can pull this one off.
tb1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tb1 »

kornboy130 wrote:A serious coup if we can pull this one off.
A seriously pointless coup. Just what we need, another international prop :smt017 .
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

tb1 wrote:
kornboy130 wrote:A serious coup if we can pull this one off.
A seriously pointless coup. Just what we need, another international prop :smt017 .
As 4071 has often stated - He could well be first choice Hooker with us, and has a potentially long and fruitful international career ahead of him if he continues his progression as a player. Would be an obviously good signing.
Gate
Super User
Super User

Post by Gate »

As I haven't said for a while, you can't have too many quality fatboys. And as KB/4071 says, he could always be Hell's Hooker.
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

Gate wrote:As I haven't said for a while, you can't have too many quality fatboys. And as KB/4071 says, he could always be Hell's Hooker.
It could be a great career move for Mullan, whilst there are a number of up and coming props, the fact that Thompson is back in the England squad shows the dearth at hooker. After a lot of early promise I'm not sure Hartley will establish himself as an international hooker.
Granby
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Granby »

We definitely need to sign someone to be first choice hooker next season - so far we have 3 who are learning the ropes/need to train on plus Chutes; this is a backward step from this season. A long term injury to George and we are paper thin in the position.
Will S
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Will S »

With Mullan playing 2 our pack could be devastating at the scrum. We at Tigers appreciate what a huge advantage a platform like this can offer and I hope this one comes off!
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

Does Mullan play prop for Wuss or Hooker (or both)?
JRB Tiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by JRB Tiger »

Does Mullan play prop for Wuss or Hooker (or both)?
This is something I asked on here before. It's very much a case that he's a prop who can play hooker if needed and it's not something he's really done this season, so he's not really the solution to our lack of depth at hooker. Would be a good signing as a prop though, if we actually need another, not so sure myself.
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

Bearing in mind that Marcos Ayerza our number 1 tight head is likely to be away at the World Cup we would only have Boris who has any real 1st team experience so signing Mullan makes sense to me.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
Tiger_Chief
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Tiger_Chief »

Personally I would really like an experienced openside for next season. With Rob Hawkins and the Harris's getting good write ups do we need another prop??
All good 7's play on the edge if not they are a waste of space!!
Tigerbob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigerbob »

Matt Mullan is contracted to Warriors until 2012.

I hope we don't end up having to buy him out of a contract if he does come to us.
Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve »

Tigerbob wrote:Matt Mullan is contracted to Warriors until 2012.

I hope we don't end up having to buy him out of a contract if he does come to us.

Think i read somewhere he has a get out clause if they were relegated, so shouldn't cost us owt.
Tigers Forever
Tiger Ghost
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Tiger Ghost »

voice of the crumbie wrote:Bearing in mind that Marcos Ayerza our number 1 tight head is likely to be away at the World Cup we would only have Boris who has any real 1st team experience so signing Mullan makes sense to me.
thats assuming he doesn't join us and have a Dan Cole-esque season and also get picked for the World Cup!!