The duff ref list gets longer!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Re: The duff ref list gets longer!

Post by dailywaffle »

Goffer3404 wrote:Seems as if Dailywaffle is as unsure of what happened as Small was!
Really?
I feel very comfortable with my perspective on yesterday's match. It doesn't bother me that I do not share the ludicrous views expressed by some on here.
Yelphere
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Yelphere »

Dailywaffle - you are absolutley right - the views proferred on Mr Small's performance on this thread (and others) are ludicrous. Stephen Jones from the Sunday Times always refers to Tigers fans being "one-eyed" when it comes to the assessment of the Ref's performance. Having read all of this tosh about Andrew Small's performance, most of those castigating him must be blind in both eyes or spent most of the match at the bar - or both.
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

Both the Captain and the coach have said we played badly and no complaints. I agree. Tired looking, not sharp performances. I expected it to pick up in the second half but it didn't.

Referee bashing doesn't help: Venteresque in fact. We just have to get back on form for Sunday. I too, am concerned at some of the one-eyed-ness. When said with a twinkle it can be amusing; when it's not its like hearing footie fans.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

jgriffin wrote:I'm still narked that when you praise refs nobody comments, when you validly comment on a poor reffing performance some posters get high and mighty about ref bashing. Just as one-eyed and supercilious with it in my book. No-one commented when I praised Chris White's handling of the Newcastle match. Methinks it is the sound of hobby horses being ridden, a feature of this forum.
I commented JG. I agreed with you.

This forum exists for some solely to bash and knock Tigers players, scoring them (very poorly) out of 10, suggesting who might replace them. Oh and also for praising opposition teams.
Still keeping the faith!
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

jgriffin wrote:I'm still narked that when you praise refs nobody comments, when you validly comment on a poor reffing performance some posters get high and mighty about ref bashing. Just as one-eyed and supercilious with it in my book. No-one commented when I praised Chris White's handling of the Newcastle match. Methinks it is the sound of hobby horses being ridden, a feature of this forum.
Don't take it so personally. Taking a broad view, the forum often expresses a consistent bias. Past examples include referees, Varndell, Wasps, Dallaglio, Stuart Barnes, Cipriani, Ospreys, Magners and so on.
I am happy to acknowledge that there are always exceptions to the rule.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

dailywaffle wrote: Don't take it so personally. Taking a broad view, the forum often expresses a consistent bias. Past examples include referees, Varndell, Wasps, Dallaglio, Stuart Barnes, Cipriani, Ospreys, Magners and so on.
I am happy to acknowledge that there are always exceptions to the rule.
Everyone is biased except JG and me. And sometimes I am not sure about JG.

:smt026 :smt026 :smt026 :smt026
Still keeping the faith!