Leicester v Saracens

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Purebob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Leicester v Saracens

Post by Purebob »

Darc Tiger wrote:We were clearly the better team today.

Saffies created NOTHING! The ref had a shocker, and almost all Saffies points gift-wrapped!
There is not one single Safs fan who will give a monkeys about that. They did us without even a LBP in our own back yard. Thats all they will care about.

Its very bad all round. My Saturday ruined :smt010
JRB Tiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by JRB Tiger »

Chin up, both us and the ref gifted them the game today. Hopefully it will keep our feet on the ground and give use a bit of a kick up the :censored: before Bath next week, who seem in top form. Fingers crossed for no injuries.
Purebob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Purebob »

Absolutely correct JRB !

Onwards and Upwards as Bill W says ! :smt027
Kit

Post by Kit »

And at least Flood isn't injured!

Shame about the home record, but it'll be interesting to see how each team goes on from this. We're still top of the league, and I'm looking forward to being at WR next weekend.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

We REALLY need to thrash Bath again next week, or Barnes will elevate them to Godlike status. Would love for Saints to give Saffies a good kicking too. Oh, and the ref needs to lose his wallet/car keys/house keys or something! :smt019
Kit

Post by Kit »

Doesn't seem like the Sarries liked the home crowd, what with Venter nearly getting ejected, and Brits swearing at them according to Martin Crowson (the Merc)'s Twitter page.
Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve »

No doubt we'll get a few ''Tiger bashers'' visting the forum to gloat that we lost at home :smt015 :smt015

Lets just a demolition job on Bath next week :smt075 :smt075
Tigers Forever
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

if brits swore at the crowd he should be banned. awful reffing display today but we could have won we gifted them too many points. bring on barf
ZoeF
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by ZoeF »

Saracens should be ashamed of their off the field behaviour. The foul language from the bench started after about 4 minutes. Fans politely clapping a player off were shown a hand gesture. And as for want went on in the stand.... Extremely poor show Saracens.
Bigmikey

Post by Bigmikey »

Just back from the game. Wasn't the ref aweful today but my main concern was the behavior of the Saracen staff in the Crimbie stand. they were very "boreish" or should it be "boerish" in their behavior and then confrontational with the crowd. Any normal supporter would have been thrown out bahaving like that.
daktari
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by daktari »

kingol22 wrote:if brits swore at the crowd he should be banned. awful reffing display today but we could have won we gifted them too many points. bring on barf
Brits did give the finger to the Crumbie but I wouldn't hold my breath about anything being done about.
find a better way of life, http://www.marillion.com

marillion 19, coming ....er not sure..
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

does anyone know what was said to him?
also i do doubt anything will be done but it should be it is disgraceful behavior and does not belong in our sport.
ZoeF
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by ZoeF »

All that seemed to happen was the crowd were clapping as he came off and he took offence to it. I didn't hear anything said and was fairly close to it.
tim15

Post by tim15 »

Brits was clapped off and showed the fingers, Tom Ryder continued swaering throughout the game, the Sarries support team goaded the crowd both in the Crumbie stand and terrace.
The young spectators in the crowd couldn't understand why their parents etc were getting worked up, the senior supervisor spoke to Wayne Barnes about the incident's in the stand and his colleagues spoke to him about the antics in the dug out.
Venter needs to take a long hard look at his team and himself, he wants a family atmosphere at Vicarage Road and so no doubt do the new owners, this wasn't a shining example, but whether the RFU do anything who knows, remember Cockers ban earlier this year, Lemi's response with his middle finger when Wasps beat Bath earlier this year, we shall see.....................
And on the 7th day, god rested, he stood patiently and awaited the green light to start the game from SKY!
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

The messageboard is not the forum for making allegations about behaviour at the game. Comments should be directed to the club who will deal with them if necessary.
There are a lot of upset supporters out there and a lot of them are going into detail about what may/may not have happened.

There is no way of knowing which of them had a good view or were involved, so we are going to have to be careful and remove anything which alleges assault etc.

We have already had several complaints but there’s no chance to discuss what happens next until everyone is back in work on Monday.

I am going back through this thread and anything overstepping the mark will be edited out. Please bear in mind the above which is an instruction/information announcement I have received directly from the Club.

Thank you.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother