The duff ref list gets longer!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Re: The duff ref list gets longer!

Post by Bill W (2) »

Oh dear! Not another one in need of a guide dog.

:smt013 :smt013 :smt013
Still keeping the faith!
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

hopefully we will get a decent french ref for the semis and final.
Daveyboy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Daveyboy »

I'm not a serial ref critic but jgriffin's critique is spot on!
Today is yesterday's tomorrow.
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

To be honest the only country that seems to be able to train numbers of high standard refs seems to be France.
The rest of world rugby needs to look at how they do it & take on board the means that the French achieve this.

The Southern hemisphere refs seem to lack the faintest clue about scrums and forward passes (this momentum arguament is utter tosh - there are a series of parrallel lines called the try line, 22m, 10m and half-way that they seem blind to)

There are only a handful of capable refs in the GP and Nigel Owens from Wales. At present the offerings we've seen from Scotland & Ireland seem abysmal.

Pehaps the French don't leave too much to the interpretation of the rules. Take them literally & enforce them then we all know where we stand - players, coaches and fans alike.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

mol2 wrote:Pehaps the French don't leave too much to the interpretation of the rules. Take them literally & enforce them then we all know where we stand - players, coaches and fans alike.
I have been of the view that all this "interpretation" and "management of the game" is a load of tosh.

Either there was an offence or there was not - binary. If there was stick an arm out and if no advantage accrues blow the whistle!
Still keeping the faith!
Daveyboy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Daveyboy »

mol2 wrote:Perhaps the French don't leave too much to the interpretation of the rules. Take them literally & enforce them then we all know where we stand
It is noticeable that the French don't take this approach within the EU, however.
:smt002
Today is yesterday's tomorrow.
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

You lot make me laugh!!! How on earth do you expect a ref to police a forward pass when they are never in an exact line with the pass? How can they adjudicate on a straight throw in to line outs when they always standing to the side of the line out. They are always in a straight line with the put in to scrums (on either side of the scrum) and have been told to be strict on the straightness of the put in and never ping any one for that and you expect them to get the rest right. How many crooked feeds have been penalised this year as opposed to lineouts and forward passes? I will bet that it will be at least 1 to 50.

My wife is now picking me up off the floor - hehehehehehehehe
Hehehehehehehehe
McScotty
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by McScotty »

trendylfj wrote:You lot make me laugh!!! How on earth do you expect a ref to police a forward pass when they are never in an exact line with the pass? How can they adjudicate on a straight throw in to line outs when they always standing to the side of the line out. They are always in a straight line with the put in to scrums (on either side of the scrum) and have been told to be strict on the straightness of the put in and never ping any one for that and you expect them to get the rest right. How many crooked feeds have been penalised this year as opposed to lineouts and forward passes? I will bet that it will be at least 1 to 50.

My wife is now picking me up off the floor - hehehehehehehehe
What are assistant refs for then?
Mr Bean
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Mr Bean »

I beleive they only gove adive if the ref asks them to
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Mr Bean wrote:I beleive they only gove adive if the ref asks them to

......................?
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Mr Bean
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Mr Bean »

tigerburnie wrote:
Mr Bean wrote:I beleive they only gove adive if the ref asks them to

......................?
I meant give advice
bc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by bc »

Totally disagree with the view of the ref at the A team final. Overall, I thought he had a good game. Yes he missed a couple of things but I thought he contributed to a good game.
Now if you are talking about the ref for the semi-final, he was appalling.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Just to let you know that the Referees for the A League games do not have the same communication systems that are used for the GP Games.
I believe that they have no communication during the game except the use of hand signals and the flags.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk