Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Dave W
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Cips off down under?

Post by Dave W »

gutted he's off to Aus, sad day folks!
Never move faster than your guardian angel can fly...
maskedsquid
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by maskedsquid »

It's only cheating if you get caught.
tigermad
Super User
Super User

Post by tigermad »

:smt005 :smt005 :smt005 :smt005

I am sure all at Leicester Tigers are gutted that Cipriani is going to Melbourne Rebels - I think not. A moment of silence please LOL.

http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,2588 ... 73,00.html
Philip J Gray
Dave W
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dave W »

Doh! just read my last post and realised I hadn't made my thoughts very clear - couldn't give a castlemaine XXXX about this so and so, just gutted we might not see as much of his lovely girlfriend :smt002
Never move faster than your guardian angel can fly...
tigergirl
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by tigergirl »

There was a very interesting article by Will Carling in last weekend's Guardian He was thinking of becoming Cipriani's mentor to try to get his head straight in the hope that he could fulfil his potential and play for England. He's not now taking on the job as he says
"I have spent the last six weeks trying to focus Danny and, without laying the blame at anyone's door, the main reason that I have decided not to go ahead is that I do not believe that Danny's focus is on playing for England."

"And rightly or wrongly I have concluded that his desire to earn that shirt is not as strong as I want it to be and as strong as it needs to be."

By the looks of the way he played for Wasps at the weekend he doesn't seem interested in playing for them either so perhaps Oz is the best place for him!

Here's the URL for the online story (can't do the linky thing, sorry!)
http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2010/fe ... ll-carling
Hull Fan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Hull Fan »

Don't let the door hit you on the way out Danny! :smt009
The East Yorkshire Branch
Coalville RFC - "It's in the blood"
Suz
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Suz »

I bet he's gutted he can't even say he will be the first English man to play in the Super 14...as good old Goode has beaten him to it :smt003
"The beast got us, the Leicester beast."
Will S
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Will S »

Wouldn't pay too much attention to Will Carling's article - sounds a bit like Carling is just trying to get some publicity.

Don't blame Cips. He is obviously out of favour with MJ at the moment and has the press over him like a rash. A season or two down under playing in nice weather and what is probably a higher quality of running rugby sounds like it may actually do him some good. Hopefully it will help him release some of the talent that he obviously has and he can come back a much better player then challenge for an England spot. I must admit if I were a player with Cips attributes then playing S14 must be more appealing than some of the forward orientated mud baths we see in the GP.
zena beck

Post by zena beck »

tigermad wrote::smt005 :smt005 :smt005 :smt005

I am sure all at Leicester Tigers are gutted that Cipriani is going to Melbourne Rebels - I think not. A moment of silence please LOL.

well at least he will get some peace from you lot slagging him off. I WONDER WHO YOU WILL PICK ON NEXT
Richard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Richard »

Are wasps strugg'ling financially with Sackey leaving as well, and possibly George Skivington, I wonder who they intend to bring in as replacements. they lost Haskell last year, Betsen won't go on forever. They need quality forwards...
the future is bright
the future is
Scarlet Green and White
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Richard wrote:Are wasps strugg'ling financially ..

Yes!
Still keeping the faith!
Hull Fan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Hull Fan »

zena beck wrote:
tigermad wrote::smt005 :smt005 :smt005 :smt005

well at least he will get some peace from you lot slagging him off. I WONDER WHO YOU WILL PICK ON NEXT
So you'd want him at leicester then?

I don't think he will be very poular with the Aussies if he doesn't totally commit to the team. Lots of ability but not every coach (including the Wasps coaches) can be wrong.
The East Yorkshire Branch
Coalville RFC - "It's in the blood"
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Good luck to him, I hope he finds his niche.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
JRB Tiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by JRB Tiger »

Personally not the biggest fan of the messiah, however on this one I say good on him. He's clearly not going to be picked for England anytime soon and I think it will make him a better player in the long run, so why not give it a go. Just look at players such as Carter and effectively Mauger doing the same sort of time and over here. Just cause he's not near the end of his career and looking to top up his pension doesn't make it a bad move.

I'm roughly the same age as him and if I got offered the chance to work down under for a few years, well paid and with sun, sea and sand I'd jump at the chance.