Tigers v Northampton Saints - today's game.

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

bigdave

Tigers v Northampton Saints - today's game.

Post by bigdave »

with the number of players on international duty this weekend, has anybody got any ideas for the line up for Northampton game this Saturday
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Team v Northampton Saints

Post by Darc Tiger »

I expect it will be largely the same as last week, but with a few more back who were rested last week. Maybe even a few not played against Wales.
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

think geordan is supposed to be on the bench
Crivvens
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Crivvens »

Cockers intimated that there would be very few changes from the team that played Bath. I imagine Geordy will be in the 23 but if they're all fit I'd expect the same 15 to start.
Blimey...
GT1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GT1 »

Staunton must start at 10 with J Murphy on wing, we need to kick our pens & not give good ball to Saints thro aimless kicking!!!
We cant play the same backs in team again this week too many of them seemed out of sorts & off the pace, we need to win this game!!!!
Any pack will do then :-
Ellis or Grindal / Staunton / Murphy / Mauger / T.Trees / Tuilangi / Ambrosia
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

Probably not too far away, GT1. Maybe with Matt Smith on the bench.
Valhalla I am coming!
Pete
Super User
Super User

Post by Pete »

I'd prefer to keep the backs as last time as they need game time and played well after the cobwebs disappeared. 4 tries from a team either very young or coming back from long injuries was pretty good, especially with no functioning line-out.

It is certainly not the time to alter things. Just change J for G before Murphy on the bench as Johne is back in the Ireland A squad for this weekend.
bluntiger
Super User
Super User

Post by bluntiger »

At the moment we are joint top of Pool 1 with Saracens. The final group games involving us both are Northampton vs Tigers and Saracens vs NG Dragons.

If it comes down to points difference there is only one point in it between us and Saracens with only one team qualifying. So to my reconning, we need a better result (playing away to Saints) than Saracens (at home to Dragons) to qualify for the semi-finals.

Northampton are 4 points clear of the Dragons goint into the last game so are probably qualified unless Dragons beat Saracens and Saints lose to us but saints will want a home semi-final so will probably field their strongest team.

We may now be regretting putting a second team out against Leeds after the RSA game.
Always a Tiger
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

bluntiger wrote:
We may now be regretting putting a second team out against Leeds after the RSA game.
Wasn't that the whole idea of the competition?
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
bluntiger
Super User
Super User

Post by bluntiger »

tigerburnie wrote:Wasn't that the whole idea of the competition?
Provided we qualified for the HC last 8, but alas, that didn't happen.
Always a Tiger
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

bluntiger wrote:
tigerburnie wrote:Wasn't that the whole idea of the competition?
Provided we qualified for the HC last 8, but alas, that didn't happen.
No , I mean this competition runs when clubs are hit by international call ups for the AI's and 6n's,it was a compromise to relieve problems for the GP clubs having to play league games at this time.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Teams on level points are separated by tries scored first.

We lead Saracens and Sale on tries scored 9, 6, 6.

So we need to match Sarries result and for us to stay with a superior tries scored against them. If not it will be down to points difference.
boon

Post by boon »

saints problem a few years ago was our strength in depth, our first xv could go toe to toe with anyone, but the drop after that was alarming.

much less true now, and we are undoubtedly buoyed by a much altered team winning away over sale last friday.

as the only team with a 100% record in the lv cup we'll be looking to keep that going and secure a home semi on saturday.

of course thats all a bit of nonsense as its a local derby and 'normal' rules dont necessarily apply.

still, COME ON YOU SAINTS!
if you are happy and you know it, you are unusual.
Kit

Post by Kit »

Definitely no Tuqiri, confirmed by his Twitter status.

Cockers said Hemmingway will probably be in the second row, according to something I read earlier.