All Ospreys discussion here please!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

CBI

Re: #16 Speaks - all Ospreys discussion here please

Post by CBI »

Thank you Starburst. Simple problem, simple solution. You can't go on til the man your replacing is off the field, same as wendyball.
What odds the IRB are furiously writing a new replacement policy as we speak?
MikeJ

Post by MikeJ »

Lets look at intent as well as the technicality

England 2003 - should we retrospectively remove the WRC because of 16 on the field? Neil "hand of" Back etc (personally ... get away with what you can on the pitch and I completely agree... rugby is largely about cheating as much as the ref will let you - and if you've ever played the game to any level then you know that this is true...!)

The 16-man thing was a cock-up NOT a conspiracy and if you apply the laws/precedents then... fine the O's but...very hard to see why Byrne was banned when there's no precedent.

And P.S. as I've said in a different thread... this is not good for the club, it just makes us look weak/whingers (pick your own term of abuse).

Looks like money is taking over the club not the rugby - anyone draw any parallels with ManU... - a board out of touch with its own supporters!
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

MikeJ wrote:And P.S. as I've said in a different thread... this is not good for the club, it just makes us look weak/whingers (pick your own term of abuse).

Looks like money is taking over the club not the rugby - anyone draw any parallels with ManU... - a board out of touch with its own supporters!
If you feel this so strongly that you join the forum to say so, why not buy a share and propose a vote of no confidence in the Board?

I believe Messrs Tom and Wheeler and the other Directors of the Club have the overwhelming support of the supporters.
Still keeping the faith!
MikeJ

Post by MikeJ »

Hi Bill

Do you really believe that the negative press will do anything good for us?

It could act as Millwall "nobody likes us and we don't care" or give others a stick to beat us with.

That's why coaches never say anything bad about the opposition as their quotes go straight on the opponents changing room walls...

Keep it quiet and make your points in court, making it public is very poor tactics.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

MikeJ wrote:Hi Bill

Do you really believe that the negative press will do anything good for us?

It could act as Millwall "nobody likes us and we don't care" or give others a stick to beat us with.

That's why coaches never say anything bad about the opposition as their quotes go straight on the opponents changing room walls...

Keep it quiet and make your points in court, making it public is very poor tactics.
Negative Press is one thing. Discharging their fiduciary duties is another.

I totally believe the Tigers Board were right in complaining to ERC. ERC's track record (Tincu, Bloodgate and upcoming Dupuy and Attoub) is truly disgraceful.

You might take the view that Lee Byrnes Press (publicly proclaiming his innocence on Thursday and pleading guilty on Friday) is also not too clever - but that is nothing compared to the primary problem.

On trial here is not Ospreys or Tigers, it is the inability of ERC to organise and run a professional sporting event.
Still keeping the faith!
CBI

Post by CBI »

Right to complain, yes. To do it through the press, demand a reply and hire Man Utd's lawyers to try and get a reply, NO NO NO. Makes it look like sour groups and is deeply undignified.
As for the ERC, I don't think their replacement policy is any different from any other tournament. The IRB need to pull thier finger out.
NaptonTiger
Tiger Cub

Post by NaptonTiger »

Tircoeds wrote:
NaptonTiger wrote:I hope that there isn't a replay because I might have to again sit near to the braying kids (fans?) who booed en-mass at every set kick of ours and jeered us as we were leaving the seats after the match - apparently with adult approval - how very sporting of them all.
Well done, you win the award for "complaining about home fans at their own stadium" ...... it took almost 7 days for this to appear though. You should congratulate yourself on this restraint.

I for one am glad there is no replay, if there was ..... guess where I would sit ? :smt002
Sorry I forgot the time limit on writing to the forum. How flattered I am to be awarded an award so early in the year. I suspect that I don't deserve it as I don't think I was complaining about true fans. At the end of the match there were handshakes all round. I guess you are a true fan so I wouldn't mind sitting near you at the next encounter.
Tircoeds

Post by Tircoeds »

NaptonTiger wrote:Sorry I forgot the time limit on writing to the forum. How flattered I am to be awarded an award so early in the year. I suspect that I don't deserve it as I don't think I was complaining about true fans. At the end of the match there were handshakes all round. I guess you are a true fan so I wouldn't mind sitting near you at the next encounter.
I'm up for it if you are !

My point, probably made very poorly at the time, was that this type of discussion is repeated over and over again ...... nowt will ever come of it. I believe it was quite a popular topic on the thread at the start of the season entitled "10 predictions for the coming season".

Anyhow, blood pressure is just about back to normal after reading of Bynre's ban for the England game ..... :smt013
wjp

Post by wjp »

A replay was clearly the only sensible outcome:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ceIaFBGcRw

:smt022
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Bryne to appeal.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/8489043.stm

Did I not say this would roll on and on?

:smt011
Still keeping the faith!
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Re: Some have memory loss

Post by Kinoulton »

chinnjamie wrote:Troll alert! Troll alert! Where do these guys keep coming from? :smt005
The TV cameras frequently panned around the Ospreys' supporters.

Many trolls. A great many trolls.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

jgriffin wrote:Not a conspiracy, fining the Ospreys IMO ridiculous and pointless, Byrne in appealing is taking the ERC urine, Lewis is incompetent, as are ERC.
I concur.
Still keeping the faith!
Samlet
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Samlet »

Mr Wheeler has broken his silence:

http://www.scrum.com/europeancup/rugby/ ... 08743.html

Fair play to him.
Last edited by Rizzo on Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Broken URL link
Snorbins
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Snorbins »

Would he speak to the east tearrace first?
He consults Neil Back and then Martin Johnson and then breaks interview to talk to Deano? I love it!