All Ospreys discussion here please!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

SMS

Re: #16 Speaks - all Ospreys discussion here please

Post by SMS »

Why nothing on the Rugby Club about the incident? They must have unseen footage from all angles which would answer a number of questions raised in previous posts.

Having said that the Zapruder film was not broadcast until March 1975!
tim15

Post by tim15 »

Just a thought whilst our Osprey fans keep using the "hand of back" card, no-one seemed to have mentioned their management and the issue with accusations and eyes last year.
All the furore that arose and ended up with Cozza being banned for several weeks and their management "demanding action" on Julian White only to change tact.

We've not dug this up, so keep the thread talking about the pertinent issues, not aware were point scoring just discussing
And on the 7th day, god rested, he stood patiently and awaited the green light to start the game from SKY!
salcombe bob
Super User
Super User

Post by salcombe bob »

look. Hand of Back, together with lazy running, crossing, ooops sorry ref are all similar, trying to get an advantage.

This Ospreys thing is totally unlike that. It is more akin to Bloodgate but even more, a fundamental question. If the game allows 15 players on the pitch, it cannot be there are 16 suddenly, otherwise where do you stop? The whole system of subs needs sorting and this will do it.

Now, I don't want a replay but it is wrong to call us poor losers and for some people to be embarrassed, it needs addressing. The alternative was just to ignore it. Perhaps Clermont should go through, they played to the guidelines. :smt039
crateman
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by crateman »

Does anyone know the timing of the hearing? Or, perhaps, more importantly when we can expect a decision?

EDIT - just looked on the telegraph's website, and the hearing is tonight. Decision to be anounced when the media can be bothered then.
Last edited by crateman on Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NaptonTiger
Tiger Cub

Post by NaptonTiger »

I hope that there isn't a replay because I might have to again sit near to the braying kids (fans?) who booed en-mass at every set kick of ours and jeered us as we were leaving the seats after the match - apparently with adult approval - how very sporting of them all.
bluntiger
Super User
Super User

Post by bluntiger »

NaptonTiger wrote:I hope that there isn't a replay because I might have to again sit near to the braying kids (fans?) who booed en-mass at every set kick of ours and jeered us as we were leaving the seats after the match - apparently with adult approval - how very sporting of them all.
Had exactly the same experience at Cardiff last year in the EDF cup. Kids banging the plackards and booing at every kick.
Always a Tiger
Suz
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Suz »

Forget the 16th man I'm more concerned about this

'When I slid my big toe was pointing downwards and hanging out of my boot,"

That doesn't sound right does it?
"The beast got us, the Leicester beast."
crateman
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by crateman »

Doesn't sound like a blood injury does it?
tigermad
Super User
Super User

Post by tigermad »

:smt006 :smt006

It will be interesting to see what conclusions the hearing in Dublin will come to with all the media speculation surrounding the 16th man issue. Who will be the real winner tonight? Discuss.
Philip J Gray
Smudge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Smudge »

Who will be the real winner tonight? Discuss.

I suspect it will be the lawyers.

If the O's are docked points and we or another club go through They will appeal.
If nothing is done Tigers will appeal.
If the match is ordered to be replayed O's will appeal.
Etc Etc Etc.
I am not keen to be given a bye at O's expence neither do I want the result to stand. The best way to sort it with fairness to all is to have a replay. WITH decent officials. That way, all earn some more money, we see another great game and if the Taffs are as good as they are bragging they are they will go through fairly. Will it happen? I doubt it but you never know.How good are our lawyers?
A life long Tiger
FBI
Tiger Cub

Post by FBI »

Leicester didn't exactly play in the spirit of the game last year either. In the HEC semi final against Cardiff, with a penalty shoot out approaching, they ripped the bandage from Harry Ellis' head so that they could blood bin him for Dupuy!
crateman
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by crateman »

FBI, get your facts straight.

It wsn't Harry Ellis, it was Dan Hipkiss.

It wasn't a bandage, it was a scrum cap.

It wasn't ripped, it was undone and removed in the usual way.

Finally, and perhaps most importantly, it wasn't against the laws of the game.

Troll-correction over
Grimlish
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Grimlish »

Why nothing on the Rugby Club about the incident? They must have unseen footage from all angles which would answer a number of questions raised in previous posts.
Cos there are lawyers involved.......
FBI
Tiger Cub

Post by FBI »

Professional companies ought to act ethically and morally. The shared values and beliefs surrounding rugby union is what attracts many fans. It makes business sense not to leave them feeling disenchanted with the sport. The worry is that incidents such as Bloodgate and Dupuy's substition are indicative of a club culture intent on gaining financial advantage in the short term despite the long term damage it'll do to the sport. It seems Dean Richard's legacy has been to leave Leicester with a win at all costs mentality. You've acted like the bankers.