Post by Bill W (2) »

O & U :smt027
Still keeping the faith!
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Re: #16 Speaks

Post by tigerburnie »

I was with him all the way , till he got to the bit about Wales winning the Grand Slam,then I realised it was the drink talking :smt003
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
AfanOsprey
Tiger Cub

Post by AfanOsprey »

Darc Tiger wrote:Aargh! we just locked the main thread! :smt005
Yeah, I was wondering why I couldn't post in that thread.

This does seem to offer a different point of view though, so it's probably worth it's own thread.
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

I locked the other one as it was too long and frankly the discussions were repeating themselves and going round in circles, regular users will know we try and lock threads over 20 pages and if necessary, start a new one, and they become unwieldy to read and refer back to, and slow down the board.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

"I thought Sonny had gone off on the other side of the field but obviously he hadn't," said Byrne, speaking before he faced the misconduct charge. "I wouldn't have intentionally done that [returned to the pitch] if I knew he was still there."

Yeah. Right. Sure.

Believe that you believe anything.
Still keeping the faith!
Mr Macca

Post by Mr Macca »

Bill W (2) wrote:"I thought Sonny had gone off on the other side of the field but obviously he hadn't," said Byrne, speaking before he faced the misconduct charge. "I wouldn't have intentionally done that [returned to the pitch] if I knew he was still there."

Yeah. Right. Sure.

Agreed - Is that why he can clearly be seen shouting "Sonny! Sonny!" and gesturing for him to leave the pitch when he comes on?! Very odd thing to say given the clear video evidence to the contrary.
On the first day of Tigers my true love sent to me
a Graham Rowntree
AfanOsprey
Tiger Cub

Post by AfanOsprey »

tigerburnie wrote:I was with him all the way , till he got to the bit about Wales winning the Grand Slam,then I realised it was the drink talking :smt003
It's not like Wales winning a Grand Slam is beyond the realms of reality, is it?
Bill W (2) wrote:"I thought Sonny had gone off on the other side of the field but obviously he hadn't," said Byrne, speaking before he faced the misconduct charge. "I wouldn't have intentionally done that [returned to the pitch] if I knew he was still there."

Yeah. Right. Sure.

This is a test lion you're speaking of Bill. He may not be the sharpest knife in the block, but a cheat & a liar he is not.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Since this thread is merely continuing the locked one, I will repeat my final post on that thread:

I am getting somewhat bored with Trolls and others saying how disgraceful it is that the Board of Leicester Tigers PLC have lodged a complaint with ERC regarding the circumstances surrounding the Ospreys playing 16 men during a crucial period of the HC match.

It is inconceivable to me (i.e. beyond the balance of probabilities) that Ospreys Officials, The Referee his two assistants and the Fourth Official were blind to the arrival of Lee Byrne on the pitch without Sonny Parker (his blood replacement) coming off;

It is inconceivable to me (same definition) that the Referee, his two assistants and the Fourth Official were all ignorant of the Laws of the Game on this introduction of a 16th player.

It therefore to me seems likely that on the balance of probabilities something well beyond "iterpreting the Laws" or "human error" occured.

Farbeit from me to suggest what it might have been but it is, IMHO, essential that ERC find out.
Still keeping the faith!
AfanOsprey
Tiger Cub

Post by AfanOsprey »

Mr Macca wrote:
Lee Byrne wrote:"I thought Sonny had gone off on the other side of the field but obviously he hadn't,"
Agreed - Is that why he can clearly be seen shouting "Sonny! Sonny!" and gesturing for him to leave the pitch when he comes on?! Very odd thing to say given the clear video evidence to the contrary.
It doesn't contradict what he says though, does it? He gestured Parker to go off and assumed Parker had done / was about to.

When play then came his way, he wasn't go to wonder whether his colleague had gone off or not. Unfortunately for everyone concerned, Byrne made an incorrect assumption.
AfanOsprey
Tiger Cub

Post by AfanOsprey »

Bill W (2) wrote:Farbeit from me to suggest what it might have been but it is, IMHO, essential that ERC find out.
Agreed. The sooner we can put this matter to bed, the better for everyone concerned.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

AfanOsprey wrote: This is a test lion you're speaking of Bill. He may not be the sharpest knife in the block, but a cheat & a liar he is not.
I did not say he was a cheat and a liar.
Still keeping the faith!
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

AfanOsprey wrote:
Bill W (2) wrote:Farbeit from me to suggest what it might have been but it is, IMHO, essential that ERC find out.
Agreed. The sooner we can put this matter to bed, the better for everyone concerned.
I am not holding my breath.

IMHO it will drag on and on and on.

And the repercussions, along with those from Dupuy and Attoub will be very deep and very painful.

Just my opinion.
Still keeping the faith!
Samlet
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Samlet »

Sonny Parker did leave the pitch - it was directly in front of me and thousands of us saw it. We couldn't work out what was happening, because the game was continuing and Sonny was the wrong side of the touchline. This was well before Allan Lewis flounced over to the dugout and gave our Dani a right dressing down.

Anyway, that's enough from me. We'll see.