Johne Murphy confirmed for Munster

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

jockstrap
Tiger Cub

Johne Murphy to Sign for Munster?

Post by jockstrap »

There's rumours on Munsterfans that Johne Murphy is set to sign for Munster next season. Hope it's just a load of hot air.
chinnjamie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Johne Murphy to Sign for Munster?

Post by chinnjamie »

Ive also heard the rumours, if he wants the best chance of breaking into the Ireland team then he may well join Munster. Is it just me or is everyone and anyone getting linked with moves out of Tigers at the minute? It must be getting to that time of the season.
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

jockstrap wrote:There's rumours on Munsterfans that Johne Murphy is set to sign for Munster next season. Hope it's just a load of hot air.
Lets hope he follows the other Murphy and turns his back on the provences of Ireland and stick with us. How petty of the IRFU that their players must play in Ireland (TBowe has signed to stay at 'Spreys and is always on the team sheet)!

Lets hope it is all hot air!! Send them Tuilagi!!
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
Antony D

Post by Antony D »

With out wishing to fuel the his he or isn't he - I am sure I heard on Sky during the match vs Osperys - Jonnhy M is being hunted by the French side Perpignan who have offered to buy him out of his contract and offer Jonne M a 3 year deal?
does any one have any further info on this? :smt017
Antony

I cook with Wine, sometimes I even put it in the food!
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Antony D said:
With out wishing to fuel the his he or isn't he - I am sure I heard on Sky during the match vs Osperys - Jonnhy M is being hunted by the French side Perpignan who have offered to buy him out of his contract and offer Jonne M a 3 year deal?
does any one have any further info on this?
does any one have any further info on this?

Think the comment refered to James Hook.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Tircoeds

Post by Tircoeds »

jockstrap wrote:There's rumours on Munsterfans that Johne Murphy is set to sign for Munster next season. Hope it's just a load of hot air.
I can see the headlines now;

"Ospreys resigning of Bowe leads to Johne Murphy signing for Munster, P. Wheeler says this resigning has to stop for the good of the game"

Bound to be the O's fault.
salcombe bob
Super User
Super User

Post by salcombe bob »

It seems there are a lot of worrying rumours about re our players suddenly. Any good news of anyone possibly coming? :smt039
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

Tircoeds wrote: I can see the headlines now;

"Ospreys resigning of Bowe leads to Johne Murphy signing for Munster, P. Wheeler says this resigning has to stop for the good of the game"

Sour grapes much?

Anyway... as i said elsewhere. Johne could well be on the way to Ireland as we are looking at signing a world class winger. Losing both Lote and Johne wouldn't be a problem with Smith, Tuilagi and Hamilton. Bring through Cobden and Hurrel.
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

I suspect Tircoeds, being fairly regular in posting here, is being a little bit tongue in cheek there.

In any event, as I have said elsewhere - if all these players being mentioned as leaving do depart, it might satisfy those forum users who were calling for many of the squad to be sacked!
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

Rizzo wrote:In any event, as I have said elsewhere - if all these players being mentioned as leaving do depart, it might satisfy those forum users who were calling for many of the squad to be sacked!
Maybe they realise if they all leave we could be left without a team!
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100
maskedsquid
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by maskedsquid »

TTRITH wrote:Anyway... as i said elsewhere. Johne could well be on the way to Ireland as we are looking at signing a world class winger. Losing both Lote and Johne wouldn't be a problem with Smith, Tuilagi and Hamilton. Bring through Cobden and Hurrel.
I would choose Tuqiri over ANY of the wingers you've mentioned there, with the possible exception of Hamilton.

Unless Hurrel and Cobden has improved dramatically in the last couple of months, it's crazy to think they'd be able to step in as a suitable replacement.
It's only cheating if you get caught.
Tircoeds

Post by Tircoeds »

Why would I have sour grapes if Murphy left to join Munster ?

Rizzo called it right, it was an attempt at humour ..... some people appear to have lost all sense of it in the last few days.
Daveyboy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Daveyboy »

I can't help but feel that this sort of debate is rather pointless, not least in terms of hot air expenditure.

Johne M./ Brett Deacon/ Lote/ Ben Youngs and nearly all of the first team squad have been linked with a move of some sort. Those who are going to go, will go. Those who want to stay will, in all probability, stay. I have yet to see an example of the Powers-that-Be listening to the fans or Message board contibutors when deciding the future of the Tigers Squad and take the view that what will be, will be.

Don't let me spoil your fun, though. :smt001
Today is yesterday's tomorrow.
cw3

Post by cw3 »

TTRITH wrote:
Tircoeds wrote: I can see the headlines now;

Sour grapes much?

Anyway... as i said elsewhere. Johne could well be on the way to Ireland as we are looking at signing a world class winger. Losing both Lote and Johne wouldn't be a problem with Smith, Tuilagi and Hamilton. Bring through Cobden and Hurrel.
I think Johne is a better player than Smith though.
I hope the rumours aren't true, I did hear an interview with him after his last Ireland A performance where he had said how Decco had taken him to one side and said that it isn't a case of 'out of sight out of mind' and he then continued to say how much he enjoys it at Leicester.
So I'd like to hope that he could stay, much like G. Murphy, and still be in contention.
Suz
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Suz »

I hope not, heres hoping he does the same as his namesake.

Tircoeds - by your reasoning, can we also blame you for Cozza retiring last season? :smt002
"The beast got us, the Leicester beast."