:smt013 :smt013
"The beast got us, the Leicester beast."
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Re: Venter charged.......

Post by Noggs »

As said in an earlier post Venter

a) Implied that Rose was improperly influenced at half time by Tigers (could not have been anyone else)

b) Broke a confidence with respect to discussions with Morrison on the quality of the ref's performance at an earlier game (where they also lost)

4 week touchline ban - suspended :smt040 :smt040 :smt040

This has to be joke :smt013 :smt013 :smt013
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

On the subject of referees I thought Saracens got 'the rub of the green' (that is being polite) against Toulon on Thursday night but there was scarce a whisper of criticism from the Saracens camp regarding the standards of this particular official.

Brendan Venter should never have launched his broadside in defeat unless he was prepared to bemoan referees when his side benefits. His argument has been dismantled by his silence.

This is taken from Stuart Barnes column on the sky sports web site,not very often I agree with a word he says,but on this I do.
What kind of message are these inconsistencies sending out?
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

The inconsistencies are due to the way the refs interpret the rules. The sooner the game goes back to the graceful art of rucking and counter-rucking the better it will be and the tackle /breakdown area the better for it. I watched the 93 Lions tour the other day while off sick and it was a real delight compared with todays game. I would even drop the lifting in the lineout as well as it was far more competitive without it. Why try to fix something that ain't broke?
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

tigerburnie wrote: What kind of message are these inconsistencies sending out?
Extremely bad ones.
Still keeping the faith!
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

TigerCam wrote:The inconsistencies are due to the way the refs interpret the rules. The sooner the game goes back to the graceful art of rucking and counter-rucking the better it will be and the tackle /breakdown area the better for it. I watched the 93 Lions tour the other day while off sick and it was a real delight compared with todays game. I would even drop the lifting in the lineout as well as it was far more competitive without it. Why try to fix something that ain't broke?
I hear what you say,but this is about respecting the officials,when I played it was "sir" to the ref and I actually liked that.Now if it's not hastle at half time ,or abuse at the end of the game, it's intimidation by club lawyers even before the game,who'd be a ref these days?
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

When I said that I believed he had been influenced at half time I did not intend that to mean that he was improperly influenced.
So...he was properly influenced then? Gah! :smt012 :smt011
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Joke.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Rizzo wrote:
When I said that I believed he had been influenced at half time I did not intend that to mean that he was improperly influenced.
So...he was properly influenced then? Gah! :smt012 :smt011
Ergo he should have awarded Tigers more penalties in the first half?

:smt027 :smt027 :smt027
Still keeping the faith!
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

nasher wrote:There is still no explanation as to why the ban is suspended. Is it because there is doubt about him doing it,or is it because its a first offence or some other reason that the RFU are not prepared to make public.
In the eyes of the world it is because the RFU believe their refs are inconsistant in their "interpretation" of the laws of the game and are unduy influenced by irrelevant considerations.

And that Ventner is a "good guy" in the RFU's eyes. If Dean Richards had said it he would have been fined £much and banned from the touch line for life.
Still keeping the faith!
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by 1966 »

I am more interested in the actions of Blackett in this sorry case.

In the last week he has decided to issue 2 of the most draconian sanctions ever given to players in the history of the game, then he decides to issue one of the most lenient.

In my opinion this either questions his ability or his integrity, either way he should not be able to continue in his current role.
kuzza
Super User
Super User

Post by kuzza »

Hello, my name's Brendan Venter and I'm above the law. Also, I just want to say that even though I coach a team full of internationals, it's the referees who make the players play unimaginative, negative, territorial, kick and clap rugby, not me.