OFFICIAL LOTE TUQIRI HAS SIGNED

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

fleabane
Super User
Super User

Re: OFFICIAL LOTE TUQIRI HAS SIGNED

Post by fleabane »

Stuart Kirk, Danny was passing very well before his injury, as well as carrying the ball into contact dragging several defenders with him and then recycling the ball. Better than last season.
Valhalla I am coming!
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Undoubtably Danny takes the ball into contact well, stays upright and ploughs forward.

Deft little offloads as he takes two men out?
Still keeping the faith!
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

I am in the pro camp for this one providing the deal is a short term one, we need Lote's experience at present & as he can cover 3 positions (Wing, OC & FB) but a long term deal no thanks we need to bring the youngsters on but a present the gap is a little to big for them to play reguarly, would we all be raving about "36" if he hadn't had the season at Bedford. (Dan Cole & Matt Smith improved from serious game time at Nottingham).

Lote has something to prove as well that he isn't finished at the top level its difficult to judge his recent abilty as the Waratahs never gave him the ball!

As a side point he can kick like a mule as well.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Budster
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Budster »

It’s not a good signing, if he can’t be passionate about playing for his country & club why will he for Tigers.
Mark my words he’ll be playing up in a few months plus he’ll never get the ball on the wing.
We could have Bolt out there and it still wouldn’t reach there.
Budster
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Budster »

Our midfield play is dire at best.
The passing is slow predicable and :censored: pedestrian. No angles no imagination no chip through chip overs etc. I always rated TV but what wasted talent.
Hopefully I’m wrong but as I’ve said we could have the great Lomu out there but all he’d get is a cold.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

MurphysLaw wrote:
Snorbins wrote:

Still, a minor problem - how about a back three of Scottie, Lote, and Tui (when he's fit)? Think about that one Mr Lamb!
What odds would you get on TV throwing a sickie if that back three are out against the pests :smt002
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

He's probably drafted his "Can Tom be excused note?" already.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
Mr Bean
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Mr Bean »

would we all be raving about "36" if he hadn't had the season at Bedford
What do you mean he was a member of the leicester academy and they decided that 12t was not good enough to make it a gp level so they terminated his contract. then bedford stumbled upon him purely by chance when he was playing against them for the baba's
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

My point about 36 was he benifited from actually playing Rugby reguarly, rather than training or the odd game.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Mr Bean
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Mr Bean »

oops sorry i miss read i feel like a lemon now :S
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Longshanks
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Longshanks »

I think Matt O'Connor has got his work cut out harnessing LT's skills to best effect. Some of the elder statesmen (and I'm think Geordan and Aaron in particular) will be key to establishing proper ground rules.
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

Mr Bean wrote:
What do you mean he was a member of the leicester academy and they decided that 12t was not good enough to make it a gp level so they terminated his contract. then bedford stumbled upon him purely by chance when he was playing against them for the baba's
That's still an interesting take on it. The Baabaas match is a well known recuritment device for Bedford for Tigers academy prospects - 12T also had a first refusal by Tigers placed on him during his season at Bedford.
me2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by me2 »

kornboy130 wrote:
Mr Bean wrote:
That's still an interesting take on it. The Baabaas match is a well known recuritment device for Bedford for Tigers academy prospects - 12T also had a first refusal by Tigers placed on him during his season at Bedford.

Not only is it an "interesting take", but it's also an inaccurate one!

Billy wasn't playing for the Barbarians against Bedford when they "stumbled upon him purely by chance".

Billy was in fact playing on the Bedford side that evening along with other Tigers academy players Andy Brown, Adam Parkins, Dan Hemmingway and Sam Harrison!

Billy started at 12 for the Blues XV as Bedford had requested some Academy lads from both Tigers and Saints on trial.

It was a planned exercise by Bedford, not a chance meeting!