Citings

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

bluntiger
Super User
Super User

Citings

Post by bluntiger »

I really hope Olivier Azam (Gloucester) is cited for his stud work on Borthwick, it looked deliberate and clearly extremely dangerous. He could have lost his sight and needs to be treated in the same way as gauging - 6 months ban.

Also, Antony Allen may well be cited for that spear tackle. Very similar to the Ellis effort on Dan Carter and he got 8 weeks if my memory is correct! If he does get banned, and Geordan is out for a few weeks it will mean a call-up for either 36 or Amorisino!
Always a Tiger
Tigerbeat

Re: Citings

Post by Tigerbeat »

Anthony Allen was told by Nigel Owens that he would have had more coming to him ( eg a yellow card) as it was a dangerous tackle but NOT a spear tackle.
This is very audible in the commentary during the game.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
fallingwithstyle

Post by fallingwithstyle »

Haven't seem the Azam incident yet just the photos of Borthwick which are gruesome. Given Azam's record (and Sarries anger) a citing though seems inevitable. Which will give Glaws supporters another opportunity to moan that 'no-one likes them, it's not fair!'

With A.A. sadly a citing does seem probable too. Hopefully they'll go easy on him - can't think he's been cited before.
TnA

Post by TnA »

Allen shouldn't be cited. As previously stated, it was not a spear tackle. It was deemed dangerous enough for a penalty at the time, but not even dangerous enough for a yellow card. The incident was dealt with by the on pitch officials correctly. Penalty, 3 points. End of story.

Azam however needs a good few months off to think about what he did (intentionally). Outragious.
Forwards win rugby matches.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Concur.

If the slo mo replay shows Little made no attempt to wrap his arms he risks a citing.
Still keeping the faith!
Hull Fan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Hull Fan »

Don't think Allen will be cited, also doubt that Little will be either. Although i do think he warrants it but doubt it will happen.
The East Yorkshire Branch
Coalville RFC - "It's in the blood"
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Not too much time left for Little or Allan to be cited.

Another 24 hours for Azam.
Still keeping the faith!
Tircoeds

Post by Tircoeds »

fallingwithstyle wrote:Haven't seem the Azam incident yet just the photos of Borthwick which are gruesome. Given Azam's record (and Sarries anger) a citing though seems inevitable. Which will give Glaws supporters another opportunity to moan that 'no-one likes them, it's not fair!'.
In all fairness, they aren't the only ones to make this claim.

I haven't seen the Azam incident either, but as you say, given his record, play acting and so on, if I was on the panel, I would find it difficult not to hand out a lengthy ban, even if he was innocent. I realise this flies in the face of justice for all, but I just cant help myself, there are some you like and some you don't !
He deserved 6 months for the dive he took when Tom James :censored: slapped him (with his head).
CoalvilleBob

Post by CoalvilleBob »

Tircoeds wrote:
fallingwithstyle wrote:Haven't seem the Azam incident yet just the photos of Borthwick which are gruesome. Given Azam's record (and Sarries anger) a citing though seems inevitable. Which will give Glaws supporters another opportunity to moan that 'no-one likes them, it's not fair!'.
In all fairness, they aren't the only ones to make this claim.
In even more fairness I looked at their Shedweb site today and the majority are saying that Azam deserves all he gets. That's not often said when its a Tiger in the dock.
fallingwithstyle

Post by fallingwithstyle »

Fair point, guys. The ShedWeb site does seem to be surprisingly rational about what happened.
bluntiger
Super User
Super User

Post by bluntiger »

I am shocked there is no sightings of any citings and I guess it is too late now!
Always a Tiger
CoalvilleBob

Post by CoalvilleBob »

bluntiger wrote:I am shocked there is no sightings of any citings and I guess it is too late now!
I think Bill's got the timings wrong. I believe it's four working days after the game and that would mean they can be cited up until the end of tomorrow. Am sure that's true for the Sunday game (Azam) because Andy Hazell kicked someone in a Sunday game in week 1 and got cited on the Thursday.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

CoalvilleBob wrote:
bluntiger wrote:I am shocked there is no sightings of any citings and I guess it is too late now!
I think Bill's got the timings wrong. I believe it's four working days after the game and that would mean they can be cited up until the end of tomorrow. Am sure that's true for the Sunday game (Azam) because Andy Hazell kicked someone in a Sunday game in week 1 and got cited on the Thursday.
I could be wrong - would not be the first (or last) time.
Still keeping the faith!
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

CoalvilleBob wrote:
Four working days is correct (for the GP).