Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Crumblies
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: CT is doing a 230 mile Walk4Matt

Post by Crumblies »

That's great news well done Rizzo.

And especially well done Alix Fantastic effort!

Keep on going: Just remember to put one foot in front of the other you'll be fine! See you there.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Alix has now updated her diary. Go Alix go!

Have poured more £ in!
Still keeping the faith!
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Come on forum members. Let's cheer her in!
And keep the donations going!

Go Alix go!!!!
Still keeping the faith!
Crumblies
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Crumblies »

Just made another donation to this wonderful lass.

Cmon Tigers fans lets give her the support her fantastic effort deserves, keep giving generously.

Going to see if we can catch up with you on your route tomorrow CT to meet and walk a little way with you

Nearly home. All the best.

the Crumblies (Helen Susan & Paul)
Daveyboy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Daveyboy »

I am a complete numpty - where can I access Alix's diary update? Her front page diary has not updated.

Thanks in advance.
Today is yesterday's tomorrow.
Crumblies
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Crumblies »

Daveboy - this is almost certainly not the most efficient navigation but it works for me.

I go to the link given in BillW's post at the top of page 8. You can then select the diary for the day you want - at the moment its up to day 10 so its probably a couple of days behind - but hey lets cut them some slack they have done brilliantly.

Hope that helps and works for you.
Daveyboy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Daveyboy »

Thanks. The diary page had updated when I revisited it. D'oh!

Does anyone agree that Alix ought to be on the Princethorpe-Narborough leg today? I can look out for her if she is.
cornish tigress
Super User
Super User

Post by cornish tigress »

Mr CT here.

Alix is well and ahead of schedule. She is walking from Hunningham, through Princethorpe, towards Narborough today. Just walking through Brinklow, where I found this Wi-fi, as I type.

Thanks for all of your great support. Hoping to see a few of you over the next couple of days.
http://www.matthampson.co.uk
tigermad
Super User
Super User

Post by tigermad »

cornish tigress wrote:Mr CT here.

Alix is well and ahead of schedule. She is walking from Hunningham, through Princethorpe, towards Narborough today. Just walking through Brinklow, where I found this Wi-fi, as I type.

Thanks for all of your great support. Hoping to see a few of you over the next couple of days.

Alix is a credit to her family and friends and to Leicester Tigers. She has put her mind to raising money for Matt Hampson and she will get an incredible reception at Welford Road this weekend. Regards to the Wood family.

:smt006 :smt006
Philip J Gray
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

cornish tigress wrote:Mr CT here.

Glad you found some wi-fi, Kevin! Tell your lovely but quite insane lady that we're all cheering her on here in cyberspace, and I'm sure she will get a rousing reception when she arrives at Welford Road.

Oh and she was mentioned in the Leicester Mercury yesterday too :smt003 :smt023
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

I have just driven through Brinklow.......... :smt023
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Daveyboy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Daveyboy »

I drove from Brinklow up the Fosse to the A5 over lunchtime but didn't get to see Alix. She was proabably having a well-deserved lunch somewhere.

Never mind. I can give her a :smt006 on Saturday.
Tiggger

Post by Tiggger »

I was supposed to walk the Brinklow bit with Alix, but as she is a day ahead I couldn't get out of work today :smt010

Hopefully I will get to meet up with her tomorrow, if only for lunch!

Keep going Alix, not far now!
Johnno is God!!!
cornish tigress
Super User
Super User

Post by cornish tigress »

Just Mr. CT again, sorry.

Alix is fine, and resting her poor feet, while I avail myself of this Wi-fi signal with a nice glass of Pinot Grigio. Well, we made it to the A5 at High Cross today, so that is where we will start tomorrow. Sorry Daveyboy, we were in the pub in Willey (sp.) at lunchtime. Hope we will still meet up tomorrow Tiggger, have mailed you.

We begin at about 10:30, walking along the small track that follows the path of the Fosse, up into Narborough. It is only about 7 miles, so we should arrive at about 12:45. Anybody that wishes to join Alix is very welcome and I can ferry any of you back to your cars afterwards, if you wish.

We will then lunch somewhere, presumably in Narborough. Any suggestions gratefully received. Again, anybody that wants to join us is more than welcome, but there may be a collection!

The plan for Saturday is to start at the Baker's arms, in Blaby, who are treating us to lunch. We are lead to believe that this is a Tigers' stronghold and will be full of vocal supporters. We will also be meeting up with luminaries from the MHT. We will get there at about 12:30 and leave for the ground at about 14:30. The plan is to (briefly) stop at pubs along the way, rattling tins, so any suggestions or requests for favourite watering holes will be entertained.

We should arrive at Welford Road by about 16:30, where we are very pleased to be meeting Matt himself. We will then get to the ABC bar, as soon as we can, after the game. It would be great if we get to meet as many of you as possible, so that we can thank you personally.

I think this covers everything. Sorry if I was rambling, it has been a very long fortnight, even for the non-walkers! I will be on this connection, trying to get the website sorted, for the next hour or so.

Thanks again everyone.
http://www.matthampson.co.uk