CT is doing a 230 mile Walk4Matt

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

cornish tigress
Super User
Super User

Re: CT is doing a 230 mile Walk4Matt

Post by cornish tigress »

Thanks Hannah and seaweed. Thank very much for the donation, too. I hope the Merc will be in touch, that would be fantastic. That is so kind of you to do.

2 days under my belt now. I am very tired today as I was walking until 6.15 today. I have just put a blog on the alixwood site if anyone's interested. Exeter FM aired my interview today (it wasn't BBC Radio Exeter at all, I am mad) Husband said I sounded very posh ! Oo'er, but I didn't hear it so we'll just have to take his word for it.
http://www.matthampson.co.uk
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Posh? I am sure you were absolutey fabulous!

Keep putting one foot in front of the other!

:smt027 :smt027 :smt027
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
Surfing Tigress

Post by Surfing Tigress »

I have persuaded the Tigers facebook group to put another message out for you, if people didn't receive the first. Also have put you up on the Bath rugby forum too, as you pass through there on the walk, some people have been taking a look.

Good luck, you're doing brilliantly, keep going! :smt002
o
o
<(((>{
Moose
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Moose »

The FB group reminder worked! (in my case anyway).
harry_rocks_yes_he_does
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by harry_rocks_yes_he_does »

I asked the admins on the Tigers fanclub group to send out a message about the walk to so great to see this has been done - hopefully will help Alix get some more donations! :)

Just had a read of your first few diary days Alix - sounds like you're doing amazingly so far - keep it up!
seaweed
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by seaweed »

Editor of Rugby Times has expressed an interest and may run something this week.

East Midlands Today are aware so who knows ?
To quote Ray Gravell - You've got to get your first tackle in early, even if it's late.

Owain Glyndŵr now he was a man of vision.
cornish tigress
Super User
Super User

Day 4 and my rest day complete. I actually walked on my rest day as the weather was so good. Will blog later. I have no time to do anything at the mo and since we left home internet etc is a bit hit and miss. Thanks everyone for your support. Sorry I have ben a bit rubbish at replying since I started walking

We have a plan to walk to the Bakers Arms in Blaby before the game on 19th, and have a few drinks and meet up with a few people. All welcome. Would be lovely to meet up with everyone who has helped and sponsored. Then I am leaving at 2.30 to walk the rest of the way to the ground as I need to get there at 4.30. Would be fantastic to meet anyone who can manage it and if anyone wants to walk with me, great!
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Good luck and take care,well done you.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
cornish tigress
Super User
Super User

Thanks TB.

Also, anyone got a favourite Welford Rd bar we could meet at after the game? ABC? Drogs? We may be a bit late being all hospitalitied, but would love to meet up with anyone who has sponsored us in a bar in the ground. But which one? And when do they chuck out?

Today was grim walk-wise, busy roads and scary. But weather still fantastic. Really looking forward to tomorrow as I walk to Bath and then see Bath/Wasps at the Old Rec. They have been really supportive, as have Wasps fans, so that will be a good afternoon. I could use a break from trudging. :smt001
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

The ABC is the Bar CT! I shall be there!!
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
cornish tigress
Super User
Super User

Cheers Bill! Good plan. Everyone happy with that?
Had a great day today at The Old Rec, very exciting last session with Bath all over their line but didn't win, just missed the draw by missing a very hard corner flag conversion. Met a few Bath and Wasps fans there who actually sought me out from chats on their forums and the piece on their website which was really nice. Pretty bloomin' obvious who we were though both in Tigers shirts with home made Walk4Matt t-shirts carrying a large decorated bucket! We got quite a lot of donations chucked in it so worth the bother of carrying it the last 2 miles.

Met David Barnes and had a good chat. What a nice guy. He is very knowledgeable abut Matt and thinks he is a top bloke, too. Also met a great Bath season ticket holder who wear a Tigers shirt to every game! Great character, who flew off with my bucket down to his end to nobble all his friends for a donation.
Last edited by cornish tigress on Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Has someone taken the stickiness off?
Still keeping the faith!
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

bump
Still keeping the faith!
harry_rocks_yes_he_does
Gold Member
Gold Member

Hope not!
Please keep donating everyone and encourage your friends to do the same so Alix can reach her target. Alix's site and the facebook group are being updated regularly so you can keep track of how she's doing. :smt001
harry_rocks_yes_he_does
Gold Member
Gold Member

Maybe a thread loses its stickiness after a certain amount of time?! Didn't it do this once before? :smt017