Byron Kelleher arrested

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Ze Stade Fan
Super User
Super User

Byron Kelleher arrested

Post by Ze Stade Fan »

Byron Kelleher was put in custody then taken to a hospital after an incident that happened in Toulouse, France last night. According to the press his car bumped into another car outside a night club, Byron Kelleher then attempted to flee the stage but was caught up by the other driver. His eyesocket is said to be broken and he suffers an injury to his shoulder.

Well, boys will be boys, and Toulouse have lost their number one scrum half for a number of weeks !
Nemo auditur propriam turpitudinem allegans
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Re: Byron Kelleher arrested

Post by Bill W »

I thought cars bumped into other cars all the time in France. Or is that only in Paris!
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

If he tried to run away from the scene then one can't help but jump to the conclusion that he'd had a couple of Pernods.

There may be trouble ahead......
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Kinoulton wrote:If he tried to run away from the scene then one can't help but jump to the conclusion that he'd had a couple of Pernods.

There may be trouble ahead......

Do people in France actually drink Pernod?

I thought they all drank Ricard.

But then these colonials have no taste!
Still keeping the faith!
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

My breadknife brought some sort of pernod flavoured biscuits from Spain. Most peculiar to eat a biscuit and feel like you're getting bladdered. Maybe this should be Kelleher's defence.

I only had a couple of biscuits, Votre Honour.

(Spud the Dog loves 'em, by the way.)
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Kinoulton wrote:My breadknife brought some sort of pernod flavoured biscuits from Spain. Most peculiar to eat a biscuit and feel like you're getting bladdered. Maybe this should be Kelleher's defence.

I only had a couple of biscuits, Votre Honour.

(Spud the Dog loves 'em, by the way.)
Anyone remember aniseed balls?
Still keeping the faith!
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

Yes. The filthy scumbag animal hating "hunt saboteurs" used to scatter them around to distract the dogs, because the dogs love 'em.

You wonder how evolution worked such that it created a carniverous animal that had tearing teeth, could run, hunt, kill, work as a pack, be fearless in a fight, oh yes, and had a penchant for aniseed. :smt017
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Fish too I understand.
Still keeping the faith!
seaweed
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by seaweed »

Have to say that although Ricard is a major brand name in the regions I frequent the French normally refer to their morning tipple as simply Pastis.

Not sure if it belongs to Ricard or there a number of producers but ask for Pastis and you will get the same as the locals.
To quote Ray Gravell - You've got to get your first tackle in early, even if it's late.

Owain Glyndŵr now he was a man of vision.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

seaweed wrote:Have to say that although Ricard is a major brand name in the regions I frequent the French normally refer to their morning tipple as simply Pastis.

Not sure if it belongs to Ricard or there a number of producers but ask for Pastis and you will get the same as the locals.
Ricard is "Le Vrai Pastis de Marseille". There are many other brands. Pernod is not one of them. Pernod is based on liquorice not aniseed.

Ricard only started making Pastis when Absinthe was made illegal.
Still keeping the faith!
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

Not according to www.pernod.net from which I quote:

"combination of star anise and several aromatic herbs and plants".

Quite the most peculiar site I've ever visited. You have to enter your country and your date of birth before it lets you in. Normally that only happens on sites like..... well, never mind.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Still keeping the faith!
jack
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by jack »

Alas poor Byron, badly injured and banged up. You'd think these guys earnt enough to go by taxi. When (being boreing now) will professional sportsmen get the message that nightclubs , when you are still playing, dont mix well with performance.
Imagine one or two coaches, agents etc are now furious.
Tigers - true Champions!
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

Well it might be boring, jack, but I agree.

If you are a sportsman and you go to a nightclub, then there is a fair chance you've had a few, every chance that the other punters have had a few, every chance that you'll be recognised by people who either like you or don't, every chance you'll be pestered, every chance that your presence will be noted by the local press and/or the paparazzi, and if anything untowards happens (as with Kelleher) then there will be a chorus of "what the heck was he doing there in the first place?" by fans and journalists alike.

I seem to be no stranger to getting a bit "relaxed" throughout an evening and then well into the wee small hours, but I appear to have achieved this without troubling a nightclub for the last 16 years.

Local pub crawls, local pub parties, house parties, parties in hotels etc would seem to be a safer option for your well known celeb, do not have to be in the public eye, and do not have to involve driving home when tanked up.