Wonderful quote from Dick Best

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Bill W
Super User
Super User

Wonderful quote from Dick Best

Post by Bill W »

But despite the ERC indictment, Best believes former policeman Richards will still retain the qualities that have made him a successful coach.

"It's probably his downfall but he's stubborn and very :censored:-minded," added Best.

My emphasis
Last edited by Bill W on Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
Budster
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: Wonderful quote from Dick Best

Post by Budster »

You can be both :censored: minded & stubborn without being a disgraceful cheat. Everyone wants to win only the weak minded fools would go that low & think it's part of winning a game, where would he stop to win a game ???
westy154
Super User
Super User

Post by westy154 »

I've never heard a good quote come out of that man's mouth. He is an absolute idiot as far as I am concerned.

This is Dick Best's quote I'm talking about by the way, not BJ's.
John
---
He is able to lift up a heavy object when that heavy object says "lift me now".
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

Budster wrote:You can be both :censored: minded & stubborn without being a disgraceful cheat. Everyone wants to win only the weak minded fools would go that low & think it's part of winning a game, where would he stop to win a game ???
You're right, Budster, but then we know from lots and lots of anecdotes that the game has plenty of disgraceful cheats that have not been found out.

As was discussed on last night's rugby programme, cheating with blood replacements and uncontested scrums has been blatant. And whilst people on forums like this have been up in arms, the authorities have been woefully slow in dealing with it.

Dean Richards is as guilty as hell, but I am sure that there are many other coaches out there that cannot sleep easily at night, knowing that they have somehow maintained a squeaky clean reputation whilst Dean Richards is treated as a pariah.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
Budster
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Budster »

Kinoulton said
Dean Richards is as guilty as hell, but I am sure that there are many other coaches out there that cannot sleep easily at night, knowing that they have somehow maintained a squeaky clean reputation whilst Dean Richards is treated as a pariah.

Agreed, but you have to act.
would you let a drink driver off because you can’t catch everyone.
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

No, not at all.

I'm not saying Dean Richards should have got a lesser punishment, just that I think it's a bit much that he seems to be portrayed as a uniquely evil sinner, when all the evidence suggests that many of his opponents have been doing the same thing for years and getting away with it.

Therefore, maybe I'm being a softy, but I don't think he deserves some of the sanctimonious condemnation that he's been getting in what is supposed to be a well-informed rugby press.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!