Tonights A League Game v Saints

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Panda

Tonights A League Game v Saints

Post by Panda »

Can anybody confirm this game is going ahead a welford Road ? The fixture list states venue to be confirmed ?
Pete
Super User
Super User

Re: Tonights A League Game v Saints

Post by Pete »

Quote from Mercury:

Argentinian full-back Lucas Gonzalezs Amorosino is the latest player to be targeted by Leicester Tigers.

Head coach Richard Cockerill is looking at the possibility of signing him to bolster his options in the back three.

The 23-year-old international, right, who played in both of the Pumas' Tests against England in June, flew into Leicester last week on trial. He is set to make his debut in the Guinness A League encounter against Northampton Wanderers at Welford Road tonight (7.0).
Jeremy Anderson
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeremy Anderson »

I don't suppose there is any chance Tigers will post the team for tonight on the web site. It would really help work out some of the new faces.

The printed team lists on the night are very hard to get hold of - unless somebody knows where they are. I have only found them on rare occasions in the Captain's bar.
Jez

Only Winners Win!
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

The 'A' team lineup is usually posted on the main site.
Team sheets seem to be a bit haphazard, but I have sometimes been able to obtain one from either the stewards (limited supply) or the ticket office.
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

Team now up on the front page.
http://www.leicestertigers.com/news/13787.php
chinnjamie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chinnjamie »

Thats a very strong team which will give Amorosino a real chance to shine hopefully. It will be nice to see how young George Ford is improving too :smt023
boon

Post by boon »

nothing up re wandies yet :smt012

i saw duffey play for nottingham in pre-season and wondered if the deal had somehow gone south? his lineout throwing was poor, and the scrum was largely held by a mainly academy pack.

if you've bought him as a work in progress, fair do's and good luck to him. if the intenetion is for him to feature heavily in senior matchday squads from the off, good luck to you all.

i wont be there tonight, but still,

COME ON YOU WANDERERS!
if you are happy and you know it, you are unusual.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Thats a very strong reserves team! I would be happy for any of those players to feature in the first team this year.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

I can't keep track of some of these players,I thought I saw a W.Hurrell scored a try for Coventry at the weekend,guess it's not the same one?
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Tiger1980
Tiger Cub

Post by Tiger1980 »

Will is on loan to Coventry, so it was indeed the same guy scoring that try as playing tonight. You don't have to be registered to Leicester to play in A League games, so Will, and indeed any of the other players loaned out to other clubs (eg Hemingway, Green and Harrison all played for Nottingham yesterday, how are your legs feeling lads?) can play for both without having to re-register to Tigers. It's a different matter with the 1st team though, if any of these guys were to be needed by Tigers 1st team then they would have to re-register to us, which you can do a maximum of 3 times in 1 season.

Hope this helps.
tigermad
Super User
Super User

Post by tigermad »

Any score from this game yet?

:smt026 :smt026
Philip J Gray
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

It reads that George Ford had a good game? Can anyone who went put up a game report on how the team did?
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
Gate
Super User
Super User

Post by Gate »

Report on the front page now. Duffey scored the first try :smt003 , Manu T did well, Ford too by the looks, and our trial Argentine seems not to have a bad bash.
Richard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Richard »

I enjoyed the game tonight, my first 'A' team game for a couple of years. Good support play, a few too many errors, Manu was strong in running, typical Tuilagi, Saints caused problems in all areas, and it wasn't until the last ten minutes that we pulled away.
the future is bright
the future is
Scarlet Green and White