Good old Sky!!!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Tigerbeat

Re: Good old Sky!!!

Post by Tigerbeat »

This Sunday's show will be repeated at 12.05am on ITV1 - and on Tuesday 8 September on ITV4, 6pm, and ITV1 at 1.20am later that day.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Bunchy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bunchy »

I think you are all missing the fact that there is an agreement between the clubs ( yes the clubs ) and sky that they will only show 2 matches per weekend !!!!!
Less is more....
Ads677
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Ads677 »

Bunchy wrote:I think you are all missing the fact that there is an agreement between the clubs ( yes the clubs ) and sky that they will only show 2 matches per weekend !!!!!
That's news to me, but if so would explain the situation. Is this new for this season?
jonfez
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by jonfez »

ITV 4 are also featuring highlights for non Sky customers

http://www.itv.com/sport/rugbyunion/mat ... fault.html

On Sunday evenings - 8pm
Only for this weekend. From round 2 they are back to the usual time of 6.30pm.
Support the Matt Hampson Trust

www.matthampson.co.uk
jonfez
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by jonfez »

I'd have thought that the opening match of the season would be shown especially if it involves last seasons champions. And I'd say that even if we weren't playing.

Just have to wait until Sunday.
Support the Matt Hampson Trust

www.matthampson.co.uk
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Tennis - US Open
Rugby League - Leeds v St Helens
Cricket - England v Australia

That is probably why Rugby Union has not got a place in the schedule tonight.

Sales home nights are Friday.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Timbo15
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Timbo15 »

Sky Sports News will have a reporter at Edgeley park and will be have regular updates from the ground. I don't know if they will show any action but its worth keeping an eye out whilst listening to the match on the radio.
fallingwithstyle

Post by fallingwithstyle »

It's great to kick Sky but why does no-one ask why the BBC can't be a***d to bid for more rugby? They're sitting on a pot of gold yet once again they're in danger of not even showing the World Cup. :smt013
fogba
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by fogba »

Does anybody know if the Glasgow v Munster match is on any TV channel tonight(Fri)? - or a pub where we can see it?
Irish by birth, Munster by the grace of God, now living in Leicester for my sins.
fogba
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by fogba »

BJ. wrote:
fogba wrote:Does anybody know if the Glasgow v Munster match is on any TV channel tonight(Fri)? - or a pub where we can see it?
Try the link on the second post on this thread.
Thanks BJ, does anybody know of a pub in Leicestershire where they show Setanta Ireland?
Irish by birth, Munster by the grace of God, now living in Leicester for my sins.
maskedsquid
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by maskedsquid »

Not sure you can receive Setanta Ireland outside of the Emerald Isle, and even if there are some pubs with the (illegal) capability, you'll be lucky to find one showing it I reckon.

But best of luck in your search though!
It's only cheating if you get caught.
bluntiger
Super User
Super User

Post by bluntiger »

I hear what everyone is saying but the reason Sky are not showing the game tonight is because they only paid to show so many games and will select the games where they believe that they can generate the best revenue stream. I dare say if Satanta did come on stream, they would have shown the London double header. But even they would not have chosen a Friday night game in Stockport.

Saturday, unfortunately is dominated by football internationals. England, Scotland, Wales, Eire and NI are all playing as well as Brazil vs Argentina in a WC qualifier. So they were never going to show rugby games this Saturday.

So, given there are few football international games on Sunday as most teams are also playing mid-week in potentially more important games (eg England WC qualifier vs Croatia), they are showing two GP games back-to-back.

To be honest, it makes sense for sky and as little as we may like it, that is the reality and given the fact that they pay for the right, they also get the right to choose the games and the times they are screened.

Tri-nations is an easier prospect for them. It is relatively cheaper and it is live at a time, generally, much more convenient for them to screen without fouling the rest of their schedule ie in the morning as is this weekend, Aus vs RSA at 10.30am.

Also, Sky do not have the right to re-show games they have not screened live as ITV4 have purchased the rights to show GP highlights on Sunday evening but I would expect that the time 'devoted' to our game will be no more than 40 seconds in their round-up. My guess is that they will focus their round-up on the london double-header.
Always a Tiger
kevf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kevf »

here we go again...

if you don't like it don't subscribe no one makes you.. because you, I, We love rugby it doesn't mean there is no other sport in the world and the fact you don't like that sport whatever it maybe doens't mean sky shouldn't show it.... each to there own.

yes i would love for tigers to be on each week especially when i can't make it but thats life, suck it up and get on with it....

i will watch some motorbike racing and maybe the rugby sunday afternoon depending what the wife has on the cards for me.. i may even wander up to stourbridge rugby club and watch them beat blackheath on saturday....

as far as sky i havea choice and although its not always what i want i'll stick with it..
Growing old is mandatory growing up is opiotnal