Quins tried to buy Bloodgate silence

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Sophie Tree

Re: Quins tried to buy Bloodgate silence

Post by Sophie Tree »

Bill W wrote:
TTRITH wrote:I shall choose to remember the Dean Richards who played with true passion for England and Leicester
I too.

The best that can be said of this sordid affair is that it has offered the law makers and adminstrators to so order matters that it cannot be repeated.
Oh yes, cause sticking your head in the sand and refusing to think anything but the best of him cause he happens to be one of you and your's is undoubtadely the way to see such cynicism rooted out of the game.

I'm glad to see that you're now very much in the minority even here though.
Phil B
Super User
Super User

Post by Phil B »

What a fabulous transcript of evidence. I now fully understand the whole affair, and some good will come of it I am sure. As part of it said, you would have to be out of your mind to repeat this trick now.
POSTIGER
Super User
Super User

Post by POSTIGER »

Kinoulton wrote:The cynical side of me is convinced that Dean Richards's instructions were nothing out of the ordinary, and that the same ruse has been used time and time again by many clubs up and down the land on numerous occassions.

Fair enough, he got caught, and has been punished so heavily and publicly that hopefully this form of cheating has been stamped out for good.

However, I am absolutely sure that there are dozens of people out there breathing a quiet sigh of relief that it wasn't them that got caught out.

So let's not make Dean Richards into a pantomime villain because, let's face it, we don't know the half of it.

Spot on Kin. It would be seriously naive to think that this is an isolated incident. Deano said himself that the practice of 'cutting' has been going on for years and while this absolutely does not excuse his and the club's actions it suggests that there is a 'win at all costs' culture within the game. I think some of the powers that be are happy to let people believe that the beginning and end of such a blight are synchronsitic with the actions of Dean Richards. Trollocks.
I saw Marika Vunibaka play
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Concur.
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Why would Randrew take a 50% salary cut minimum to go to Quins?
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
bc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by bc »

After the RFU stated that they would not take any further action agianst Quins, the club issue a statement following the publication of Williams' testimony. It states:
"The board is satisfied that Harlequins have behaved properly in the interests of the club, player and other staff."

Of course the club acted in it's own interests and that is the issue! You will have noticed that they have acted in the interests of the wider game!

The BBC report where the quote came from indicates that the RFU are now considering further action. Given that there has always been an uneasy feeling that RFU and Quins have a 'special relationship' I wonder what extent this further action will take.

It is clear now that the cover up went right to the top of the club. By the way an earlier post tried to defend Mark Evans saying that he had not had a chance to defend himself. Well if you read the report he attended the meeting (with legal council) and any differences to Williams' account where recorded in italics-Evans never offered a different version that was recorded at the hearing!
fallingwithstyle

Post by fallingwithstyle »

With the heat on Evans growing in the broadsheets this morning I can't see him surviving long. But of far more interest maybe is the suggestion that DR is biding his time before he releases his full side of the story. Something tells me the lawyers are going to be busy for a while yet.
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

fallingwithstyle wrote:With the heat on Evans growing in the broadsheets this morning I can't see him surviving long. But of far more interest maybe is the suggestion that DR is biding his time before he releases his full side of the story. Something tells me the lawyers are going to be busy for a while yet.
ERC cannot fire Evans. RFU cannot fire Evans. Only Board of Harlequins can fire Evans.

Deano will bide his time..........

Under many stones creepy crawlies lurk!

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
Richard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Richard »

The chairman of quins has resigned......mr Jillings
the future is bright
the future is
Scarlet Green and White
Richard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Richard »

Bill W wrote:Why would Randrew take a 50% salary cut minimum to go to Quins?
He would do both jobs...ie 50% increase....
the future is bright
the future is
Scarlet Green and White
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Richard wrote:The chairman of quins has resigned......mr Jillings
Source?

All fairly meaningless. His mate will take over.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
TnA

Post by TnA »

So much for the club not doing anything wrong in the matter. Evans should following Jillings out of the door and I would expect him to do so. Although neither seemingly want to admit their major role in the cover up as per Tom William's enlightening statement. Probably so they can get another job!
Forwards win rugby matches.
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Thanks!

The full statement is worth reading:

http://www.union.quins.co.uk/news/10181.php

This one is going to drag on and on.

Lawyers will get fat.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007