Twelvetrees - The most important signing!!!!!!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

smalldell
Gold Member
Gold Member

Twelvetrees - The most important signing!!!!!!

Post by smalldell »

With the injury to Sam Vesty if means we are struggling at 10, with Staughton our only recognised 10. BT now sees himself elevated to reserve kicker, at least and one player we need to protect for the first few weeks of the seaosn...

I expect him to be on the bench for the first couple of matches. It's a lot of pressure for a new player to cope with, especially givewn his inexperience...hope it goes well for him, and us...
DickyP
Super User
Super User

Re: Twelvetrees - The most important signing!!!!!!

Post by DickyP »

In all the discussions both in the press and here on the forum about out Fly half problems people seem to forget we have a highly competent no 10 in Aaron Mauger, who started out as a No 10 but really became a 12 rather than compete for the Canterbury and AB places with Mehrtens and Carter, and others like Spencer etc for the ABs. He has also place kicked for the ABs in Test Matches.
For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game."
Easty

Post by Easty »

Absolutely Dicky & with regards to the 'recognised kicker' element, Sam could hardly be classed as that either.

It's sad to be without Sam & I'm sure BT will be in the mix, but I don't see any significant change in our FH situation.
wolverhampton_tiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by wolverhampton_tiger »

What about Toby Flood, when's he back?
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

November I last heard, but I doubt he'll be anywhere near his best until the earliest January.
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100
POSTIGER
Super User
Super User

Post by POSTIGER »

I think the signing of Jo Duffey is equally as important. After losing someone of Benny Kayser's quality and Chutes not getting any younger there is vacancy for someone to come in and make the hooker position their own.
I saw Marika Vunibaka play
TnA

Post by TnA »

Both 12T and Duffey will be big players for the Tigers and are great signings. This season will be all about getting to grips with top flight rugby and the big stage. Give them a season or two and they will get there. I hope injury problems within the squad won't mean 12T plays in a different position every other week, and he settles into his best position, wherever that is.
Forwards win rugby matches.
Richard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Richard »

Staunton was the most important signing as twelvetrees was liable to come back here anyrate...hopefully we do not pick up any injuries to staunton or twelvetrees in the first few games
the future is bright
the future is
Scarlet Green and White
London Tiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by London Tiger »

Richard wrote:Staunton was the most important signing as twelvetrees was liable to come back here anyrate...hopefully we do not pick up any injuries to staunton or twelvetrees in the first few games
don't really see why the chances of him returning deminish his importance as a signing.

duffey could be the best signing over the next 12 months as hooker is probably our weakest position.

12trees and allen look exciting prospects but the one who I think could really kick on is parling - really looked good at falcons and has a lot of ability. Given how well woods kicked on when he joined, Parling could really give cockers a headache in the back row if everybody is fit.
Richard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Richard »

London Tiger wrote:
Richard wrote:Staunton was the most important signing as twelvetrees was liable to come back here anyrate...hopefully we do not pick up any injuries to staunton or twelvetrees in the first few games
don't really see why the chances of him returning deminish his importance as a signing.

duffey could be the best signing over the next 12 months as hooker is probably our weakest position.

12trees and allen look exciting prospects but the one who I think could really kick on is parling - really looked good at falcons and has a lot of ability. Given how well woods kicked on when he joined, Parling could really give cockers a headache in the back row if everybody is fit.
I wasn't stating that 12oaks isn't an important signing...
the future is bright
the future is
Scarlet Green and White
chipnchase
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chipnchase »

Its all about Billy 'THE DREAM' Twelvetrees: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/group ... 025&ref=ts