The Things You Hate The Most...

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Capricorn
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: The Things You Hate The Most...

Post by Capricorn »

Obscure relatives or friends who insist on taking small kids to weddings, and can't control them.
Kid then proceeds to wail or fidget ,or run up and down, and cause mayhem. Why not just leave them at home for a few hours with a babysitter?
It's not fair on the couple getting married, to ruin their cermeony
Capricorn
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Capricorn »

Sorry, CEREMONY
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

Kids at weddings are positively horrendous.

I've attempted to apply a no-brats rule at all my weddings so far, but I've been met with stern opposition.

But they'll want to see you get married!

No they bl**dy won't. They'll make a racket during the official bit, and their attention span at the reception will be roughly 2 minutes before the e numbers in the orange juice kicks in and they are charging up and down the the slippery floor of reception room like tortured penguins.

The only joy comes when one of the little fekkers comes a cropper against a table leg, sustaining a painful injury.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
madoqua
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by madoqua »

I hate this 'cool' look of wearing glasses on the head. Started in Howard's Way I think.

I've seen women adjust their shades so that they are inch perfect and a 50 something bald man in a pub toilet fail to wash his hands but spend ages positioning his readers on his greasy pate. Yuk!!!!
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

Completely agree.

However, 50 year old men putting shades on their heads does prevent them from wearing trailer-park-trash style baseball caps.
Welford Tigress

Post by Welford Tigress »

Clothing labels that feel like sandpaper on the back of your neck but are stitched in such a way that you practically have to cut a hole to get them off. :smt009
We will succeed, we cannot fail the only obstacle is doubt...
Was a great game, is still a great game, will always be a great game.
cornish tigress
Super User
Super User

Post by cornish tigress »

madoqua wrote:I hate this 'cool' look of wearing glasses on the head. Started in Howard's Way I think.
I have trouble reading labels in supermarkets and my husband is on a diet, so last week my sister said wear your specs on your head and then they are there when you need them in the aisle. But I had my hair up and dragging specs over eyes to read labels snagged my hair so it did clump in a stupid lump on top of my head. When I got back in the car and looked in the rear view mirror I looked like a demented middle-aged mohican. Never again. I like him fat. :smt001
http://www.matthampson.co.uk
madoqua
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by madoqua »

Condoms.................Vile. And they don't fit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
madoqua
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by madoqua »

Nothing whatsoever to do with the previous post.

American golf followers screaming 'IN THE HOLE!!!!!'

They obviously think that their balls listen.
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

Agree totally about the "In the hole" brigade - a reflection on the effects of being subjected to colonialism, but not for long enough to develop intelligence.

I HATE the Ford ad where all the cars are on frames, but are shown "moving", with the strap line of something like "they look fast even when they are standing still."

An insult to anyone's intelligence, (except those golf fans).

And now BMW are selling those cars they have been marketing as technologically so advanced as "Joy".

What are the interesting, inventive, beautifully shot, amusing bits between the drossy programmes coming to? :smt017
Valhalla I am coming!
DCat
Super User
Super User

Post by DCat »

Talking of car adverts.......

Fact me.

To save the wrath of Rizzo, clean answers only please!
AKA Delilah - Founder Member of 'The Mothers'

Sponsored by Kleenex
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

I'm going to chuck in X Factor.

Now I may pretend to like the finer things in life, but that's a total sham.

On Saturday night, I like to watch utterly untalented freaks make asses of themselves infront of the cameras so that Simon Cowell and his mob can humiliate them in the way that they deserve.

And I quite like it when the occassional unassuming nice person turns out to have the voice of an angel and a musical talent to make Michael Jackson look like the completely worthless f*ckwit that he really was.

But......

The production has removed any doubt as to what we are about to see.

Three black girls with Essex facelifts, hugely over confident, and saying how they are going to be bigger than Whitney, and we know they will be abominable.

Single parent Essex girl with a dodgy estuary accent, being supported by her 3 year old son and her haggard relatives, and we know she will be able to sing like a bird. She was lovely. No problem.

But the producers really need to get a hold of the format.
Skin_and_Muscle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Skin_and_Muscle »

In the same vein, my uncle once had a fabricated claim of bullying at work made against him. Although he was completely cleared of anything, and the complainant was chastised for bringing the claim, the episode stays on his record for good. Had he been found guilty, the claim would only stay on the record for 2 years!
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

Someone utter lowlife chavs once accused me of smacking them when a brawl broke out in a village pub that I happened to be in with my girlfriend.

The police went round to see the couple who had complained at 7 a.m., and admitted to me that the couple were stone drunk at that time in the morning.

Yet they arrested me, charged me, and put me through 10 months of hell before I appeared in court.

The complainant couldn't produce a single witness, the police didn't even bother to turn up at court, and the magistrates handed out a severe reprimand to the eejits who put me through it.
madoqua
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by madoqua »

Once a complaint comes in, you are in trouble.

Lowlife or otherwise you are bound by law to investigate.

Cops know invariably who is the bad guy but CANNOT assume or stereotype.

Do nothing and get sued. Believe the witness statement and get slagged off when it is dismissed at court. The hindsight barstool experts then hold court.

Impossible to win. I'd rather eat my eyeballs with a toothpick than go back to it.

S'why the job made me poorly.