Justin Harrison

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Tigerbeat

Re: Justin Harrison

Post by Tigerbeat »

Just a reminder that any reference made to any of the other players may be editted or deleted.

Please be careful what you put on this forum. The players are innocent untill proven guilty.

Thanks for your cooperation.

:smt023
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
thebearisstilldeano
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by thebearisstilldeano »

Just a thought.............
I wonder if there is any link between the tales of a Coke snorting culture at Bath and the nickname of that famous former Bath Fly Half who now works for Sky?

:smt119
I used to sit near a stalker and we want him back "kick for the corner!!!!"
Tyler
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Tyler »

thebearisstilldeano wrote:Just a thought.............
I wonder if there is any link between the tales of a Coke snorting culture at Bath and the nickname of that famous former Bath Fly Half who now works for Sky?

:smt119
Meeeeoowww!!! And so the season begins with my apprentice stirring the BARREL !! You've still got it kid,,,,nasty! :smt027 :smt023
The maul is back! JUSTICE !
importunate

Post by importunate »

I feel that I am the only person who doesn't think that a Rugby player doing a line of Cocaine is the end of the world. It does not harm anyone but the player, and it does not give the player an advantage on the rugby pitch.

I am saying this from the point of view of a 19 year old who plays University level rugby and who has in the past tried Cocaine. I am not saying this to be controversial or to upset anyone, but merely to demonstrate that I do know that doing this drug does not enhance performance.

Finally, surely given that the man has RETIRED is enough??? What more can you expect him to do? He did something silly and he paid the ultimate sacrifice (and alot of money). And as for the "other 3", they ARE innocent until proven otherwise (which I now think is impossible to do). I wish them the best and look forward to seeing them on a rugby pitch in the near future.

I apologise in advance to all the people who will not like what I have said.
Tank
Tiger Cub

Post by Tank »

im sure that you are not the only rugby player to ever try drugs but at the moment the ones at bath are the ones who are unlucky/stupid enough to do it and get caught.
and as most rugby fans associate this kind of behaviour with footballers it has become a hot topic in the rugby community.
thebearisstilldeano
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by thebearisstilldeano »

Careful Importunate - my post about Mr Harrison working as groundsman at Bath on another thread seems to have disappeared because I suggested he was sorting out their white lines.
I used to sit near a stalker and we want him back "kick for the corner!!!!"
Minty

Post by Minty »

i don't think its what they have done that gets to people, its more the fact that they are running the risk of throwing away a dream job as a professional sportsman (something a lot of us are envious of) and dirtying the name of Rugby.
Just look at Matt Stevens, he could have been an England Regular & maybe even a Lion Tourist, but he threw that opportunity away due to his addiction.

I believe that players have said in the past that they do this as a release rather than drinking, for an athlete drinking is seen as detrimental to muscle repair and growth. I appreciate that coke can potentially be harmful as you could be sucking up dishwasher powder etc. aside from the fact that it makes you aggressive, but they see that this is a quick buzz for an evening and wont affect them as a performance athlete.

plenty of people seem to do it but as a professional sports person youngsters look up to them in and out of the game and emulate them, to portray that this as OK as the plank did in front of the youngsters is just brainless.

I agree also about the punishment, i have got friends who have picked up criminal records for doing this junk but a high profile celeb or a sportsman it simply seems enough to highlight the fact that they use it rather than punishing them heavily also. Look at Docherty the alleged musician how many times did he get let off being caught in possession.....it's appalling