Bronze Member

Justin Harrison

Post by alex_111 »

bluntiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Justin Harrison

Post by bluntiger »

An eight-month ban for admitting taking illegal drugs? Why wasn't it the usual 2-year ban?

Doesn't bode well for the other three either!
Always a Tiger
London Tiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by London Tiger »

He wasn't found guilty of taking banned drugs he was found guilty of "actions which are prejudicial to the interests of the game" therefore on a different punishment scale to, for example, Matt Stevens who was banned for taking WADA banned substances. Semantics is the key I think..
tigerfeet13
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by tigerfeet13 »

He also admitted the offence, 3 counts according to the report.

Even though he skipped a test before, belatedly, admitting it.
Rugby Special... Is the Tigers!
Capricorn
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Capricorn »

None of them would give a hair sample, which could prove, if taking dugs, how long they had been in the system.
So are we sure that it was an end of season fling, or had it been ongoing during competition.
Very suspicious, bet it will be a whitewash.
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Capricorn wrote:None of them would give a hair sample, which could prove, if taking dugs, how long they had been in the system.
So are we sure that it was an end of season fling, or had it been ongoing during competition.
Very suspicious, bet it will be a whitewash.
Regretably likely so.

Altough if they plead not guilty start point 18 months .........
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
Duncan B
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Duncan B »

Was beginning to think he seemed like an ok bloke but.....Oz im sorry i ever doubted your judgement.....what a PLANK!!!!
Minty

Post by Minty »

Harrison's counsel, Owen Eastwood, said his client "took full responsibility for his actions - which were his alone".

So the other players just didnt like how they were treated and resigned, that was all. What harrison did, "his actions - were his alone" :smt003

I would hand out a 2 year ban for all of them !!!!
willstarr
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by willstarr »

Harrison avoided the automatic 2 year ban from Wada as the incident didn't happen while bath were in any competition, so was instead only dealt with by the rfu. Even so, I don't see how they could ban a player who put a fake blood capsule in his mouth for longer than a guy who put coke up his nose i'll never know!
Richard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Richard »

willstarr wrote:Harrison avoided the automatic 2 year ban from Wada as the incident didn't happen while bath were in any competition, so was instead only dealt with by the rfu. Even so, I don't see how they could ban a player who put a fake blood capsule in his mouth for longer than a guy who put coke up his nose i'll never know!
The 2 things are unrelated.....' the plank' also has lost his right to work in this country and if he did try to be employed in playing proffesional rugby after January then he will have to take drugs tests at regular intervals

Both cases though have bought the game into disrepute, just like the South African RFU with their Lions tour comments.
the future is bright
the future is
Scarlet Green and White
POSTIGER
Super User
Super User

Post by POSTIGER »

Something is well-and-truly rotten in the state of Bath Rugby.

It's quite unbelievable that so many of these players would compromise their careers for the sake of taking recreational drugs. As a professional sportsman you should be bright enough to realise that you are in an incredibly priviliged position and anything that could be detrimental to your career you would surely avoid like the plague?

What annoys me is that I would have given just about anything to be a top-flight professional rugby player as i'm sure many others would have. It just winds me up so much that they would take it so much for granted.
I saw Marika Vunibaka play
Longshanks
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Longshanks »

POSTIGER wrote:Something is well-and-truly rotten in the state of Bath Rugby.

It's quite unbelievable that so many of these players would compromise their careers for the sake of taking recreational drugs. As a professional sportsman you should be bright enough to realise that you are in an incredibly priviliged position and anything that could be detrimental to your career you would surely avoid like the plague?

What annoys me is that I would have given just about anything to be a top-flight professional rugby player as i'm sure many others would have. It just winds me up so much that they would take it so much for granted.
I'm afraid this behaviour seems to be part of the celebrity lifestyle that some players find too hard to resist.
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

So it looks like the other 3 will only get a slap on the wrists in the way of an 8 month ban. That means they are free to play again in April.I'm sure they will be delighted with the outcome. They should get what Matt Stevens got which was 2 years. This is a farce and I can imagine the smirk on their faces and the 2 finger salute they give Bath when they step out on the pitch again.
Tank
Tiger Cub

Post by Tank »

if anyone playing top flight sport or any level of sport is found to be taking recreational drugs i feel it should be down to the authorities (police) to take action. ok after the police have done what they have to do then a club should be able to take any action that they feel is required based on police findings as would happen in any other job if you had a criminal record.
i do not condone drug taking but that is a choice that some people make for what ever reason. it seems like professional athletes can take substances they want and yes they get punished by the rfu and their clubs but to be honest if it was joe bloggs down the street who had been caught doing the same thing then the police would handle it and why should this be any different. if the clubs have proof that this is happening then pass the info on and let the police deal with it.
ok at the moment bath do have a problem with 2 players (the other 3 are innocent till proven otherwise in my mind) found to be taking drugs and that needs to change but bring in people who can actually enforce a proper punishment to suit the crime!
kricher192

Post by kricher192 »

What gets is how they get away with illegal acts. Note Matt Stevens he was indulging in a class A substance this is usually punishable by a fine and a possible jail sentence. To just get off with a ban from sport seems very light for something like this..... :smt027
Forwards win games , Backs decide by how much