Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

fallingwithstyle

Fixtures Announced

Post by fallingwithstyle »

The Ightham Tiger

Re: Fixtures Announced

Post by The Ightham Tiger »

From a comparison of the Tigers and LCFC fixtures, there are just two home weekend clashes in total - one is Boxing Day/27 December (Sale), and the second is 9 January (Wasps)

I'm actually rather impressed and pleasantly surprised that there aren't (at this stage) planned to be lots of disruptions with Friday night games etc.

LCFC and Tigers are playing Reading and Irish respectively in Reading on the same weekend.... 24 October....
Ask not what your Tigers can do for you, but what you can do for your Tigers
Tigerbob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigerbob »

It's great that they can only say each fixture could be a Friday/Saturday or Sunday.

When do these fixtures dates get firmed up?

I agree, the run-in looks tough, but then there are no easy games in this league.

First up Leeds vs Newcastle - dare I say this could be an 8 or 10 pointer!?
jonfez
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by jonfez »

From a comparison of the Tigers and LCFC fixtures, there are just two home weekend clashes in total - one is Boxing Day/27 December (Sale), and the second is 9 January (Wasps)
Beat me to it. Will be interesting to see how many of those that don't clash are at 3pm on a Saturday.

What is the situation with the replacement EDF matches?
Support the Matt Hampson Trust

www.matthampson.co.uk
Dave J
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Dave J »

City are also at home on the weekends of the HC Rounds 2 & 3 so there could be at least one more fixture clash. Do we know when ERC or Sky announce the schedules?
A citizen of hope and glory
JayA
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by JayA »

As we are the only club starting the season with 2 away fixtures, is any one going to start the speculation that this was at the request of the Tigers, or maybe nothing to do with the new stand being completed and just coincidence.

New fixtures out does make the season start seem a little nearer, yay! :smt026
jonfez
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by jonfez »

City are also at home on the weekends of the HC Rounds 2 & 3 so there could be at least one more fixture clash
Hopefully we'll be at home for rounds 1 and 4 then as we play one home and one away fixture for each pair of games.
Support the Matt Hampson Trust

www.matthampson.co.uk
Dave J
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Dave J »

As we're the top seeds in the pool and if previous years are to go by, we'll be at home on the odd numbered weeks
I hope you're wrong as I'm going to a music festival in Gloucestershire the first HC weekend :smt009
A citizen of hope and glory
JayA
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by JayA »

BTW, did anyone register their interest with the club so as to be one of the first to find out the fixtures? I did and I'm still waiting for the info even though it's been posted on here for almost 2 hours!
So did I, and like you, still heard nothing... I even checked my junk email just incase it found its way in there. But the speed that information usually comes out from the club, I would guess a fixture announcement mid October
smalldell
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by smalldell »

I registered and got an email today...
tigermad
Super User
Super User

Post by tigermad »

Just got my fixture list today. Not a brilliant start with an away game at Sale but then there are no easy games in the Guinness Premeirship. Looks like we are playing Northampton mid-week - again. Oh deep joy as I will probably miss that game like I did last season.

:smt026 :smt026
Last edited by tigermad on Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Philip J Gray
bluntiger
Super User
Super User

Post by bluntiger »

We start with two consecutive away games. Is that a result of the new stand I wonder? Our first home game is not until Sept 18/19/20 (against Falcons).
Always a Tiger
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

possibly 4 home games in a row at the end of the season hc quarters and gp semis :smt003
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

The run in before xmas looks tougher with more away fixtures,then it's the pests home and way.We have 4 home fixtures and the possible relegation candidates ,wuss and falcons away,not too dificult to end with.If we are in the top 6 at the turn of the year,I fancy another final in the offing. :smt027
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.