Relegation next season?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

kingol22
Super User
Super User

Relegation next season?

Post by kingol22 »

who will it be the normal fight between worcester and leeds or could we see a big name like bath or wasps drop down?
Hull Fan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: relegation

Post by Hull Fan »

I think Newcastle will be very close to the drop this year.
The East Yorkshire Branch
Coalville RFC - "It's in the blood"
Ben the Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Ben the Tiger »

My money is on the bottom three looking like this

Worcester
Leeds
Newcastle - you just need to look at how many players they have lost this season and hat an impact those players had on the club managing to stay up this season.
Success only comes before work in the dictionary.

"Rugby is a hooligans game played by gentlemen." Winston Churchill
kricher192

Post by kricher192 »

Oh my how I wish it would be Bath or Wasps
Forwards win games , Backs decide by how much
captain_insaino
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by captain_insaino »

WASPS WASPS WASPS :smt041 . I don't particularly like Bath but I would prefer them not to get relegated (and i don't think they will).
IMO, I think it will be either Leeds or Newcastle that go down, as Leeds haven't improved there squad much yet, and I don't think they will have the financial clout to do a great deal (which is one of the main reasons why Northampton did reasonably well for their first season). On the other hand, Newcastle have lost a lot of quality players, and although they have rcouped slightly by making a few signings, I still think it will be very tight at the bottom between these two clubs.
TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!
jack
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by jack »

Nah, it wont be Wasps, sadly. The other predictions are reasonable.
Tigers - true Champions!
mol2
Super User
Super User

Re: Relegation next season?

Post by mol2 »

Leeds, Worcester or Newcastle.

Leeds because they are the new team & historically haven't managed to stay up. Whether Backy can work a miracle with the funds & players available remains to be seen.

Worcester because they seem to be destined to be perennial strugglers seemingly unable to climb to mid-table.

Newcastle - this is the unknown team & having lost so many players. The loss of some must hit them hard. Loosing Wilko probably not at all given that he's hardly played for years!

Outsiders - Bath - they've lost a few this season that they will struggle to replace & it was only a couple of years ago they were struggling.

Wasps - struggled this season yet produced some effective performances at times suggesting that motivation was lacking. A few new faces may help. However without Lewsey to keep the children in order it may be worse!
Richard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Richard »

I am surprised that not one of the pessimists on this forum have put Tigers down for a relegation battle...I bet we come in the bottom 12
the future is bright
the future is
Scarlet Green and White
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

How can Wasps go down with all these great Lions players they have?!
Easty

Post by Easty »

mightymouse wrote:How can Wasps go down with all these great Lions players they have?!
Especially when we have refewee's that don't dislike paw wittle phiwip ~ ahh bless

And of course they'll undoubtedly 'unleash Cips enormous talent' next season

(For those wondering, both from recent Telegraph articles)
importunate

Post by importunate »

Easty wrote:
mightymouse wrote:How can Wasps go down with all these great Lions players they have?!
Especially when we have refewee's that don't dislike paw wittle phiwip ~ ahh bless

And of course they'll undoubtedly 'unleash Cips enormous talent' next season

(For those wondering, both from recent Telegraph articles)
And quite possibly Mr Varndell as well, oh and Mr Lemi... I would not be ridiculing yet. Wasps have the potential if they can join together as a team to cause a serious upset next season.
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

Judging by Varndell's performance for the Saxons he'll be warming their bench at best. Certainly he'd gone walkabout when Johne scored.
Tigerbob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigerbob »

I think Tom Varndell was playing tag rugby last night.

It was very clear that Ireland A were targetting his wing, and it paid dividends.

He took his try well when it came, but it took until the game was finished to get into a scoring position.

The old accusation of TV not looking for work rears its ugly head again.
I don't think I heard his name for the first 13 minutes of the game!

Good luck to him next season, but he could be bench-warming again for large parts of the season at Wasps, and I don't think he would have done his England prospects much good on that performance. :smt009
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

Wasps will be finish in the top 6 next season and they will win the Easy European cup.

As for Tigers? Can they have another season like last season............? :smt017
Easty

Post by Easty »

I hope not g ~ because if we have a first half-season like last year we'll all be pulling our hair out............well those of you that have any will, I lost what little I had left in Cardiff

Seriously though, I can see a really good season ahead, whether we'll be as successful only time will tell, but I'm sure we'll be there abouts come the crunch times