Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

seaweed
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Travel to Viadana

Post by seaweed »

From their website

Viadana MN is a small town east of Parma, and the 'last post' in Lombardy before you cross the River Po to Emilia Romagna.

It's not to be confused with Viadana near Brescia. We are 25 miles from Mantova (Mantua) and about 50 miles southwest of Verona. Viadana MN is a small industrial town of 17,000 inhabitants.

When host teams supporters come, there may be problems finding suitable accomodation nearby, as there is limited hotel spaces available due to a distinct lack of hotels within a 20 mile radius of Viadana etc.

There is also major problems of access, as Viadana is not served by Rail, bus services are limited generally to school hours, and the town doesn't have a taxi company.

Generally visitors from other clubs are restricted to staying in Parma - about 40 mins drive away, Reggio nel'Emilia 40 minutes drive away, or Mantova which is also 40 minutes drive away, and may find that although travelling to Viadana by Parma, Reggio or Mantova based taxi firms is an option, return travel to Parma, Reggio or Mantova later on in the evening can become problematic to say the least.

Sounds like fun.

All travel ideas welcome.
To quote Ray Gravell - You've got to get your first tackle in early, even if it's late.

Owain Glyndŵr now he was a man of vision.
Rizzo

Re: Travel to Viadana

Post by Rizzo »

Take a fold up bike or a pair of roller skates? And a tent?
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
seaweed
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by seaweed »

Sounds like Edinburgh revisited.
To quote Ray Gravell - You've got to get your first tackle in early, even if it's late.

WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Edinburgh re-visited in more ways than one if I've looked at the correct website, stadium capacity 3,500!!!!!

Surely they should/will transfer their home matches to a nearby bigger stadium, solving two problems at the same time, otherwise we'll be fighting for tickets, let alone hotels & taxis!!!

I'm all for helping smaller clubs/nations develop but surely there is, or should be, a stipulation that they can actually accommodate Europe's bigger and better supported clubs, maybe I'm being a bit harsh but........
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Sounds like a job for The Bakers Arms?
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
tigergirl
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by tigergirl »

I don't think the capacity will necessarily be a problem. We went to a tiny place called Rovigo a couple of seasons back when Calvisano changed venue owing to the fact that they didn't have any floodlights! We had a brilliant time - they put up a temporary stand, which we filled, and there was a marquee for boozing, dancing etc afterwards. The transport problem seems far more difficult to deal with! We'll be giving it a go.
seaweed
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by seaweed »

Brilliant ?

Was that where ones bottom was frozen to that wonderful metal seating ?

Good time but very very cold.

Tweentown

Post by Tweentown »

tigergirl wrote:I don't think the capacity will necessarily be a problem. We went to a tiny place called Rovigo a couple of seasons back when Calvisano changed venue owing to the fact that they didn't have any floodlights! We had a brilliant time - they put up a temporary stand, which we filled, and there was a marquee for boozing, dancing etc afterwards. The transport problem seems far more difficult to deal with! We'll be giving it a go.
Yes, I remember Rovigo well - a freezing and foggy weekend but still a great time - the trips to Italy always are. There will be four more here to add to the list of Tigers traveling to Viadana.
Bring back the rolling maul...and they did
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

Wot? A poxy place with no public transport?

They should put the game on at London's Wem-ber-ley Stadium.

Oh no, hang on....
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
bc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by bc »

I highly recommend a weekend stay in Parma. It's beautiful with great bars and restaurants.
bc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by bc »

By the way is there a date for the match in Italy?
AndyF

Post by AndyF »

Sounds like a great weekend away!
redtiger
Super User
Super User

Post by redtiger »

Just google mapped Viadana and i've been within a few miles of it without realising, last December i drove from Innsbruck to Sant' Agata to visit the Lamborghini museum. One of the best days ever. if it's the game around 19th December then flight to Innsbruck and that amazing drive through the Brenner pass in snowstorms again for me, if i can get a ticket!
Forgot the resty - vesty is the besty!
Tigerbob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigerbob »

seaweed wrote:Brilliant ?

Was that where ones bottom was frozen to that wonderful metal seating ?

Good time but very very cold.
Me too, staved off frostbite of the bum by sitting on scavenged for pizza boxes.

If I remember rightly, it was Tigers who provided and paid for the temporary stand, placed in a turnip field!

Great weekend, although the match came close to being abandoned because of fog.