Thieving MPs

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Re: Thieving MPs

Post by Kinoulton »

For the first time in quite a while, I am definitely considering who to vote for, and it won't be one of the three main parties.

However, I watched what started out as an excellent anti-EU party political broadcast by UKIP and had made my mind up to put my vote that way.

Then suddenly and inexplicably they went on a totally uninformed rant against immigration and within a second they'd lost me as well. If they'd stuck to their one main issue, which is the utter uselessness of the EU, they'd be fine. But rambling on like some demented Daily Mail reader about how we're letting in foreigners to scrounge benefits and commit crimes will only attract people who would have voted for the BNP.

So where do we turn?
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
Ben the Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Ben the Tiger »

The Green Party?
Success only comes before work in the dictionary.

"Rugby is a hooligans game played by gentlemen." Winston Churchill
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

The last time I voted for anybody, it was the Greens.

So you may be right.

I just get a bit hacked off that every time Grubby Brown wants a bit more of my cash, he calls it a Green Tax.
Dave W
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dave W »

What annoys me most about all of this is a) they keep blaming the system and were only abiding by the rules (which they set!) b) using terms likes "mistake" or "inadvertently" etc - my old MD used to say "you can call me a **** but just don't take me for one!" - Maybe some of these crooks should adopt a similar approach? Not one local MP has canvassed me with the run up to Thursday. Plenty of cheesy leaflets but no-one with jacobs to actually knock - says it all, I guess?
Never move faster than your guardian angel can fly...
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

They're all at it. From what I have seen and read, very few have actually stuck to being honest and not been on the fiddle - Anne Widdecombe for one. This is the first time my daughter will be able to vote, and she is so disgusted by it all that she isn't sure it's even worth voting. I think she was put off even more by receiving an 18th birthday card from the local MP - as she said, "hello, happy 18th, vote for me!" :smt015

Frankly, I had to look up who the local MEPs were, they have been that prominent and effective for the area. The local councillors are Lib-Dem and they do seem to get stuff done, which is more than the main MP lot do.

Doesn't it make you sick though, when you consider why Parliament was created, and who it was meant to benefit in the first place? A representative or two from each village, town, Shire etc to represent the wishes and needs of the local people. Not the Keith Vaz's of this world, spouting piffle and hot air, claiming they represent the poorer areas of Leicester while buying 22 silk cushions on expenses which come out of the taxes of said poorer people.

Let them eat cake?! Sounds very like it to me!
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
SPIKE@srufc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by SPIKE@srufc »

Worse than that Rizzo we had a 19 year old round standing for a seat......
SPIKE

It's not the winning or losing but the taking apart which matters.
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

I think - favouritism aside - I'd back my own 18 year old's integrity and honesty far more than many MPs.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
maskedsquid
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by maskedsquid »

SPIKE@srufc wrote:Worse than that Rizzo we had a 19 year old round standing for a seat......
It's not like he/she could be any less effective...
It's only cheating if you get caught.
Skin_and_Muscle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Skin_and_Muscle »

There's currently a 20ish year old DJ sitting as a magistrate- a drive to keep representation on the bench up.
If the busiest members of the judiciary can be representative, so can the Commons
Suz
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Suz »

Do you know the one that really got me? Not the mortgages, duck houses etc - these are wrong so wrong, but it was the story at the weekend. A labour back bench claimed back his £5 church donation for the Battle of Britian. A charity donation and he claimed it back.

It was an apparent mistake and has been paid back - now its in the paper, I wouldn't even dream of asking for my work to pay back money I put in a charity pot.

Im sorry I just don't get it and have lost faith in the whole system
"The beast got us, the Leicester beast."
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

Whilst the anger on this forum is justified, I do think the self-righteous tut-tutting media people are laying it on a bit thick.

Millions of people routinely try to bump up their expenses a bit each month. This doesn't justify what the MPs have done, but I would like some of these finger wagging TV people in particular to volunteer all of THEIR expenses for the World to see.

What kind of hotels do they stay in whilst they're swanning around the country hounding other people? Do they have a nice meal on expenses with very good wine? Do they travel first class? Do they have a clothes allowance so that they look nice for the cameras?